Power button issue

Search This thread

Kcube989

Mar 25, 2012
Las Piñas
I just discovered yesterday that my power button seem to be not working. Pressing it doesnt lock the screen and long pressing it doesnt bring up the power options. Tried wiping everything and still the issue remains. When I pull my battery and then insert it back the phone boots itself, as if the power button is pressed all the time (even though i can still click it and its not stuck). Ive been using rom toolbox for the power menu but choosing to turn off the phone makes my phone have a screen freeze, all other options work like reboot, fast reboot, reboot recovery etc. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: After a couple of days my power button is working again

Last edited:

Note53

Dec 26, 2012
I just discovered yesterday that my power button seem to be not working. Pressing it doesnt lock the screen and long pressing it doesnt bring up the power options. Tried wiping everything and still the issue remains. When I pull my battery and then insert it back the phone boots itself, as if the power button is pressed all the time (even though i can still click it and its not stuck). Ive been using rom toolbox for the power menu but choosing to turn off the phone makes my phone have a screen freeze, all other options work like reboot, fast reboot, reboot recovery etc. Anyone know how to fix this?

How did you get it to work? Or did it started working on it's on? Thanks

I've seen that happen on mine, due to a bad USB charge port. Replaced it, problem disappeared.
Any chance your device sometimes thinks it is docked to a docking station?
Inexpensive part to obtain, less than 10 dollars (usd), takes about 15 minutes or less to replace.
In the 2+ years I've had mine, I've gone through 4 of them LOL...I'm hard on charge ports I guess.

Kcube989

Mar 25, 2012
Las Piñas
It just started working again. When I turned off my phone to place my sim back and it didnt boot up automatically, I knew the power button is working again. Pressed the power button, device booted up and the issue is gone. I dont know if mh device thinks its docked, i dont have a docking station and ive never had problems with my charging port yet.

Jun 2, 2012
I've been using my N7000 for 2 years and this thing happened for 3-4 times. The lock button will be like stop working, sometimes it is like being press all the time and the problem will be sorted out by itself. Normally when this happens, the phone will be laggy and will reboot by itself. Is it a common thing for this phone?how do you get your phone fixed Kcube989?