[Q] USB Data Transfer problem + Battery drain

Search This thread

soblueu

Apr 6, 2011
Hi guys ! I am having bad luck with a C6903 phone.

First of all, my battery is losing 4-5% per hour in stand by mode, even though the phone is spending 99% of the time in deep sleep. I tried killing every app, I tried safe mode, formating the micro SD card, I did a factory reset. Nothing worked.

The second problem is that the USB data transfer is not working, so I can't root the phone, in order to see more detailed battery statistics, nor can I flash another Rom.

So I'm pretty stuck. Does anyone have any ideea about what could be wrong? Could these 2 problems be related? Could there be a broken IC that drains the battery and is also causing the USB data transfer failure? Or is it more likely that the battery is broken, and it has nothing to do with the USB problem?

I am ready to order some replacement parts, but I don't know what I should buy. Battery? USB port? Charger flex cable?

Please help!

xXFlippyXx

May 17, 2012
Why is your data transfer not working? Activated debugging?

What process drains the most battery?

Sent from Xperia Z1

soblueu

Apr 6, 2011
Yes, I activated USB debugging and I tried both USB connection modes: MTP and MSC. Moreover, when I connect the phone to the computer via USB, if I go to settings -> about phone -> status -> Battery status, it says "Charging (AC)". So it thinks it is connected to an AC socket, and not an USB port.

Something is wrong with the phone, but I don't know what. Either the micro USB port, or a chip. Is it possible that the PM8941 power management chip is faulty and it is causing both problems ? Is there any other chip that could be causing this problems ?

The process that drains the most battery is "Cell Standby". It takes usually 35-40%. But if I am using the phone for a couple of minutes, then the "Screen" process equals the "Cell standby" process. Which seems reasonable. The processes seem fine.

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Yes, I activated USB debugging and I tried both USB connection modes: MTP and MSC. Moreover, when I connect the phone to the computer via USB, if I go to settings -> about phone -> status -> Battery status, it says "Charging (AC)". So it thinks it is connected to an AC socket, and not an USB port-

There is an Option where you can choose what you want when the phone is connected to USB, Charging Only, Media or Storage. If the option is on Charging then is normal to me it Charging only and it appear "Charging (AC).

soblueu

Apr 6, 2011
Try another PC, install correct drivers...

So much more to try before you send it back.

Also, when you say data transfer does not work, does that mean you cannot send data between PC and phone or the that the PC does not recognise the phone at all?

Yes...I tried 3 different PCs. By data transfer, I mean that the PC doesn't recognize the phone, and the phone doesn't recognize the PC. And also when I go to device manager on the PC, there is no device that is marked as unknown or nothing. I installed PC Companion and it doesn't detect the phone either.

The thing is that it's a second hand phone so I can't send it back. I can fix it at a service, but they charge too much. I would rather buy a new phone than pay for fixing this one. The only option that I am considering is fixing it myself. But I am not sure which chip is faulty.