GT-I8558 Stock 4.2 Rom

Search This thread

mysteryno46

Brave boy trying to port i8558 4.2.2 to i8552

@manojkumar8552 is going to try to port this Rom today. Everyone knows that it's one and that same h/w spec but no one has tried even once.
Manoj is trying it finally. He is aware of consequences but still going ahead with the experiment. :mad:
What do you think @Jaspreet_Singh? Did you try to do this.? No updates from you from a long time.Have you left the development.? :confused:
Manoj may need your help too.

nhmanas

Sep 22, 2012
Mersin
I am a sgs2 user. My sister is using i8552. But shame on you win users!! If n7000 (note1) got 4.2.2 update our devs start porting it to our i9100 right away (because of same chipset). There are few devs you got I know but my word is on their lazyness! Also testers did not share anything here. I am a tester. I have a SUPERBRICK BUG eMMC but still I am testing even TRIM enabled kernels. I am doing it just for I am a part of developement and a part of xda. I can wait for someone to do dirty job but I don't!! MAKE I8552 A BETTER PHONE. :highfive:

mysteryno46

I am a sgs2 user. My sister is using i8552. But shame on you win users!! If n7000 (note1) got 4.2.2 update our devs start porting it to our i9100 right away (because of same chipset). There are few devs you got I know but my word is on their lazyness! Also testers did not share anything here. I am a tester. I have a SUPERBRICK BUG eMMC but still I am testing even TRIM enabled kernels. I am doing it just for I am a part of developement and a part of xda. I can wait for someone to do dirty job but I don't!! MAKE I8552 A BETTER PHONE. :highfive:

Would you be able to help with testing the phone? Let us know if you can. And if it's your sisters phone and you can't, please keep yourself away and keep playing with your S2. Quattro has got Very limited developers who trying very hard to make cm11 work. And they are so far successful in making bootable and well working cm11 with just audio and camera not working. So it is yet not fully stable. Experienced devs are not keeping their hands on the development of the phone and they find very tedious and not worth it. So, we are doing with what we've got. Testers are doing their job as well. We already have many custom Roms if you need to take a look. All have some or other best features. And I don't know which Devs and testers you're referring to but if you are so much worried please join in testing cm11 builds when new builds get posted on it's thread. Devs who know the project from start are busy with studies and exams. We are not here to force them to work despite of their some other important stuff. I would advise you to come forward if you can help or let us continue at our speed. Let us be as lazy as you say we are. I'll personally inform you once we get stable cm11. Till then enjoy your s2.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I8552, Baidu v6, Fully Stable and Fast than any other stock based Custom Rom.

nhmanas

Sep 22, 2012
Mersin
Would you be able to help with testing the phone? Let us know if you can. And if it's your sisters phone and you can't, please keep yourself away and keep playing with your S2. Quattro has got Very limited developers who trying very hard to make cm11 work. And they are so far successful in making bootable and well working cm11 with just audio and camera not working. So it is yet not fully stable. Experienced devs are not keeping their hands on the development of the phone and they find very tedious and not worth it. So, we are doing with what we've got. Testers are doing their job as well. We already have many custom Roms if you need to take a look. All have some or other best features. And I don't know which Devs and testers you're referring to but if you are so much worried please join in testing cm11 builds when new builds get posted on it's thread. Devs who know the project from start are busy with studies and exams. We are not here to force them to work despite of their some other important stuff. I would advise you to come forward if you can help or let us continue at our speed. Let us be as lazy as you say we are. I'll personally inform you once we get stable cm11. Till then enjoy your s2.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I8552, Baidu v6, Fully Stable and Fast than any other stock based Custom Rom.

Thank you for reply
There is a misunderstood. I respect developers and ofcourse they have to do their daily jobs.
But this is a quallcomm phone. How can it be more difficult than exynos (closed source) phone? Quallcomm cipsets are opensourced am I right?

Btw. I wish I can help you but sorry I can't help you testing phone because my sister wants really stable and ready for daily usage phone (sometimes I say my self I wish I bought an iphone for her). If she allows me to test it. I would love to! Actually I am a good tester. I found major bugs on cm12 :D

Reactions: mysteryno46

mjraogr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2014
SP
universoeandroid.wordpress.com

manojkumar8552

Nov 9, 2013
AHEMADABAD
Thank you for reply
There is a misunderstood. I respect developers and ofcourse they have to do their daily jobs.
But this is a quallcomm phone. How can it be more difficult than exynos (closed source) phone? Quallcomm cipsets are opensourced am I right?

Btw. I wish I can help you but sorry I can't help you testing phone because my sister wants really stable and ready for daily usage phone (sometimes I say my self I wish I bought an iphone for her). If she allows me to test it. I would love to! Actually I am a good tester. I found major bugs on cm12 :D

Man Devs Are not experienced Devs And Top devs Hardly contact here !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

here is the link for the GT-I8558 Stock 4.2 Rom http://www.5ashua.com/rom/detail/124.html if anyone is interested in porting
    so can it be use for our phone??

no idea i try to port this rom as i got firmware in my liux then try to do some thing !! if success may be posible !!!
    Brave boy trying to port i8558 4.2.2 to i8552

@manojkumar8552 is going to try to port this Rom today. Everyone knows that it's one and that same h/w spec but no one has tried even once.
    Manoj is trying it finally. He is aware of consequences but still going ahead with the experiment. :mad:
    What do you think @Jaspreet_Singh? Did you try to do this.? No updates from you from a long time.Have you left the development.? :confused:
    Manoj may need your help too.
    guys this is not for i8552 this is for I8558 i am posting it here so one of the developers try to port