Tilt keyboard fix - Download here

Search This thread

TaurusBullba R.I.P.

Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Sep 15, 2006
In your SIM slot
I've updated the Tilt keyboard fix to address the apparent issue with the Smartdialer keys also being incorrectly mapped when flashing a non AT&T ROM onto the Tilt. This will also fix the FN character issues being incorrectly mapped too.

This was tested on a Tilt flashed with the (current) HTC ROM and worked perfectly.

Install -> Soft Reset

Enjoy! :)

IMPORTANT:
  • Some people have reported that this cab didn't fix their Smartdialer issue. It's important that you uninstall the older cab that was posted here (if you even installed it), then soft reset. Then install the new one and soft reset one more time. That should do it.
  • Do not unzip/decompress this .cab file on your desktop and move the files over to your device. It won't work. You need to copy the .cab (as is) onto your device and tap to install.

Last edited:

roameo

Aug 19, 2006
This is great! Any tips on how to accomplish the reverse...if someone say, wanted to put the Tilt ROM on their Kaiser?

reitjam

May 8, 2007
Champaign
gret work

i got the tilt at 12 today and took it home and startedripping it apart, I put the htc rom on with msvc 1.6, live search, the nice battery icon and the home plug-in customizer, thats it, on my hermes i needed so maney things to make it function, i like the tilt now that the keyboard is fixed.

damn i can not edit the title, well crap

TaurusBullba R.I.P.

Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Sep 15, 2006
In your SIM slot
oh ok - thanks. Is that a registry update?

Was curious becuase i couldn't find and "...\qwerty" entries in the registry.

It is a registry entry. I was originally looking for the same "qwerty" entry (like in the 8525), but instead the following was the culprit:

Code:
[HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD]
create - CWSLayout - value (1)

:)

gregross

Mar 5, 2006
Ohio
It is a registry entry. I was originally looking for the same "qwerty" entry (like in the 8525), but instead the following was the culprit:

Code:
[HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD]
create - CWSLayout - value (1)

:)

ahhh - i have a feeling there will be many registry differences from 8525 to 8925....

Thanks for the knowledge

robroth

Jun 1, 2007
i got the tilt at 12 today and took it home and startedripping it apart, I put the htc rom on with msvc 1.6, live search, the nice battery icon and the home plug-in customizer, thats it, on my hermes i needed so maney things to make it function, i like the tilt now that the keyboard is fixed.

damn i can not edit the title, well crap

which HTC rom did you put on it? Got a link to it? I think it's time to de-ATT mine.

thomassster

Jun 21, 2006
San Jose
I have a bit of an issue when on phone mode. This fixes the FN issue, but doesn't fix the caps issue when on the phone mode. I'm trying to search for a name and the W is a Q, T is a V, there is no S, D is a F, and so on...