Samsung official leather case is a joke!!

Search This thread

johnwayne27

Jan 31, 2015
I never should of used $50 of my credit for it. It looks like plastic and doesnt even hide camera bump. No protection. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jacklivehere

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I never should of used $50 of my credit for it. It looks like plastic and doesnt even hide camera bump. No protection. Lesson learned.

I have the leather case and think it's great. Mine extends past the camera bump so if you lay it down flat the camera's protected. Mine came from the EU but I can't imagine the U.S. version is any different. Mine looks leathery enough for what I paid. Different strokes.

Zirox

Nov 6, 2016

umm idk what leather case your talking about because it cant be the same leather case i got because mines fits perfectly and feels good to hold like leather should.

kirilk

Feb 12, 2010
I got the leather black case and I like it. It is not protecting well the camera i.e. ideally the case should stick out a tiny bit but is hiding the bump well. On the front it does better job. The feel is very good and leather.

I have the plastic rubbery blue case too and it protects better the camera module but may be a bit worse job in the front.

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville, SC
I got the OtterBox Defender Pro with Holster. $60 after 10 bucks off promo. Probably best protection out there. First day I got phone it was knocked off table at work and fell 3 feet to a concrete floor. Not a scratch, ding or crack. Even the case was perfect. Bet those leather cases Samsung sells won't save your phone under similar circumstances.

xraytedjim

Sep 12, 2010
I got the leather case with my pre-order and immediately returned it. It was a plastic piece of crap! Didn't feel like leather at all! Felt like plastic with a leather pattern. Was super slippery and not what i was looking for at all! The even crappier thing is the case was $50 worth of credit, but when I returned it, they only gave me $15. WTF!!

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
While it's really a matter of personal opinion about these matters, my biggest gripe about the case (as with the Apple leather case) is the price. If it were a more reasonable $29, I'd say it's great. It's not really a protective case at all as these go. Black is the only one that will look good over time as the lighter colors will garnish a patina appearance that some may be OK with, like leather gloves as they break in.

This phone has a large, protruding camera bump unlike any other device and presents a challenge to design a case that can adequately protect it and not feel like a brick! Imagine if they made the entire phone thick enough to house (the camera hardware) and have the camera aperture window assembly perfectly flush? 8000mAh battery anyone? :D

Of course the "anti thicc" crowd would be quite vocal about it. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.