[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
camera seems better to me, for the last 3 or 4 weeks. sbrissen said he was going to work on the camera issue (I think that's what I remember :) a couple months back. I haven't seen anything official from him, nothing saying he'd done anything about it, but I haven't been having the horrible camera issues lately. Every time I try to take a picture, it works just fine. Anybody else have any experiences or observations to share?

I've been getting the stupid camera-freeze issue again, usually at the most inopportune times :( Any other folk having that experience? Any ideas about making it work? That app for restarting the camera doesn't seem to do anything now

Reactions: ultimatdan

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
I've been getting the stupid camera-freeze issue again, usually at the most inopportune times :( Any other folk having that experience? Any ideas about making it work? That app for restarting the camera doesn't seem to do anything now

Guys flash this after you flash your rom or you can dirty flash. Fixes this horrible issue.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505973

[17 May][AOSP 4.3+][PORT][APP]Fixed Camera App and Lib for CM/All AOSP roms

whoot

Oct 31, 2011
be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

THANK YOU sbrissen, I know this isnt the newest or highest priority device anymore but many people including myself are grateful to your dedication to bringing the latest updates to our phones.

LG13

Apr 5, 2013
Springfield, PA
I restored a back up from september and lost the ability to send sms and also my phone will only give me up to 3g? Will i need to revert back to stock and root again? Thanks for the help

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
I restored a back up from september and lost the ability to send sms and also my phone will only give me up to 3g? Will i need to revert back to stock and root again? Thanks for the help

Sometimes restores seem to give really bad results with cellular connections. What are you using for your rom manager? You might try flashing another nightly to see if that fixes your problem, before going to all the work of reverting to stock and rerooting.

Reactions: LG13

LG13

Apr 5, 2013
Springfield, PA
Sometimes restores seem to give really bad results with cellular connections. What are you using for your rom manager? You might try flashing another nightly to see if that fixes your problem, before going to all the work of reverting to stock and rerooting.

Thanks for the reply, I'm using TWRP. I switched to Alliance 26 was able to send sms but still only had 3G. I called Verizon and they fixed the LTE problem. But I'm a little afraid to come back to CM even though i am much more pleased with it then Alliance. I've ran CM11 since day one and never had an issue with sending text messages just happened out of the blue.

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
I'm using TWRP. I switched to Alliance 26 was able to send sms but still only had 3G. I called Verizon and they fixed the LTE problem. But I'm a little afraid to come back to CM even though i am much more pleased with it then Alliance. I've ran CM11 since day one and never had an issue with sending text messages just happened out of the blue.

Glad to hear Verizon was able to fix the 3G problem. I can't find the exact postings anymore, but I'm pretty sure people were having problems with their cellular connections, specifically sending SMS/MMS. But I think the problem was for cellular in general (i.e., no service) after restoring a backup using either CWM or TWRP. Flashing from a nightly would always fix the cellular connectivity and SMS/MMS problems. And switching to Philz CWM fixed the restore from backup problem. That was back in July or so of this year. So I don't know if the restore/backup problem still exists for CWM and TWRP. At any rate, you might try flashing a new CM nightly, see if that works for you.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week

Woo woo! That's pretty exciting. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: LG13

LG13

Apr 5, 2013
Springfield, PA
Glad to hear Verizon was able to fix the 3G problem. I can't find the exact postings anymore, but I'm pretty sure people were having problems with their cellular connections, specifically sending SMS/MMS. But I think the problem was for cellular in general (i.e., no service) after restoring a backup using either CWM or TWRP. Flashing from a nightly would always fix the cellular connectivity and SMS/MMS problems. And switching to Philz CWM fixed the restore from backup problem. That was back in July or so of this year. So I don't know if the restore/backup problem still exists for CWM and TWRP. At any rate, you might try flashing a new CM nightly, see if that works for you.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Woo woo! That's pretty exciting. Thanks for the heads up!

I remember seeing that too i couldn't find it though. I'm going to wait for either a final cm11 release or when cm12 is available. Thanks for your help!

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
Does anyone see constant system crashes when installing the most recent cm11? I've seen it now on cm11 and pac rom. I've installed carbon, liquid and vanir without issue though. It's weird...

Just trying to see if it's just me. Thanks!

Flyinduke

Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone see constant system crashes when installing the most recent cm11? I've seen it now on cm11 and pac rom. I've installed carbon, liquid and vanir without issue though. It's weird...

Just trying to see if it's just me. Thanks!

I came from Alliance. Restored a Philz backup (10/19 nightly) without issues. Tried to upgrade to 11/24 and 11/25, started having android.phone FCs. Running CM Kernel and AGNI same thing.

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Anyone else having issues getting gmail to sync on the latest build? Ive been away from cm for a while and just did a full wipe fresh install of the 11/25 build last night. For the life of me, I cannot get gmail to sync.

Google play services are updated and I cleared device tokens from previous devices just to be sure.

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
Anyone else having issues getting gmail to sync on the latest build?

I almost never use gmail, but I just sent myself a test message and it showed up almost immediately. That's with the 11/25 nightly. Not sure what you mean by "sync". If there's anything else I can do to test, or any other info you'd like., let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: wildstang83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.