[ROM] ProTekk CM7 Builds - Build #19 Is Live! Thunderbolt Builds Are Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
Requirements:

Build #8 and higher: Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.7 or higher is REQUIRED!

You don't have 3.0.0.7 or higher installed I cannot help you out with any issues as these scripts do not play nicely with anything earlier than 3.0.0.7!

You have been warned!

How To Install:

Coming from another ROM or doing a clean install:

Step 1: NANDroid first!

Step 2: Do a full wipe! This means format everything!

Step 3: Flash desired build, wait for install to finish and reboot

Step 4: Enjoy!

Upgrading from nightly #X or ProTekk build #Y using build #8 or higher:

Step 2: Flash desired build, Dalvik and cache will be wiped automatically!

Step 3: Enjoy!

Google Applications (GApps):

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

CyanogenMod changelog & merges:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Stock Build Download Locations:

http://www.mediafire.com/cm7/inc

Experimental Build Download Locations: Abandoned for now until I have more time/help

http://www.mediafire.com/?8z38p1pgyag72

Experimental Builds With Custom Kernels:

Included kernels:

Incredikernel from 03/06/11

Invisiblek from 03/09/11

SavagedZen no SBC

Tiamat from 03/05/11

Please remember that they are experimental!

With these, ALWAYS wipe Dalvik and cache! No longer needed as it is auto wiped - Build #8 and higher!

Updates:

Experimental builds #8 & stock #8 released @ 00:14 AM EST 03/12/11

Experimental builds #7 & stock #7 released @ 7:30 AM EST 03/11/11

Experimental builds #6 released @ 1:05 PM EST 03/10/11

Experimental Build #5 With Custom Kernels released @ 1:33 PM EST 03/09/11

Build #5 released @ 10:12 AM EST 03/09/11

Build #4 released @ 2:50 PM EST 03/08/11

Build #3 released @ 9 AM EST 03/08/11

Build #2 released 03/06/11

Build #1 released 03/06/11

To-Do List:

Automatically wipe Dalvik and cache prior to installing. Abandoned for the moment. Working properly!

Credits:

CyanogenMod Team for the incredible ROM they've given us

Slayher for many many many fixes and guiding me here and there! Thanks!

Calkulin for his format script - Thank you!!!!!

NilsP for helping me out with the format script

Chad, Invisiblek, SavagedZen team, and Cayniarb for your amazing kernels

If I have forgotten anyone I'm sorry! Let me know and I'll give you credit!

Last edited:

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
Q: What is this?

A: This is something I have started doing since the buildbot has been on hiatus and I needed to feed my addiction to flashing the most recent build of CyanogenMod 7 I could get my hands on.

I started doing this for myself and saw that there was a pretty big demand for the newest updates possible so I said why not share it with everyone.

Nothing in my builds have been altered so don't worry. It is not a ROM I have customized. All I am simply doing is pulling the source every morning and compiling it.

Q: Wait, so this is the same as the CyanogenMod 7 nightly builds? Why rename it and make it?

A: Great question. Think about it this way. The CyanogenMod team builds nightly right? Well, lately it hasn't been nightly but more random. The advantage of building daily, for me and the people on the east coast, it is much better to have a new build readily available in the morning versus waiting all night for a release or no release at all and wasting time. I am not taking credit for the CyanogenMod team's work and I refuse to as I am simply pulling the source and compiling it. The renaming of my builds is to defer the confusion between the CyanogenMod nightly builds as my builds have nothing to do with how CyanogenMod builds and releases.

Q: Ok, so if I am having issue X,Y,Z who do I report it to?

A: If it is a known issue please post it in the RC 1.5 thread. If it is an issue that is not known and has started with one of my builds please report it here via a post or a PM and I will be more than happy to help out and see if I can fix it.

Q: Uh, if there are nightlies then why would I want to use your builds? Doesn't it make sense to use one of the nightlies?

A: Sure, you are more than free to use one of the official CyanogenMod nightlies! The reason why some use my builds is simply the fact that they want to have the newest updates and merges on their device! The buildbot does not always pump out a new nightly where as I always will be building and compiling every day. Also, the nightlies don't always include the newest merges because of the fact that merges can be push at any time.

Q: If you are building these daily what happens if updates are merged after you build?

A: Haha, I know this is sad but I don't have much of a life but I do have one! I keep on top of all the merges almost like clockwork! I normally check about every hour to see if there are any major updates and fixes. If a major fix is merged I will be pushing out another build as soon as I see that it has been merged! So no need to worry about having the newest build besides downloading it and installing it.

Q: Ok, so nightly #X is released, wouldn't it be the same as your build #Y?

A: This is a little harder to answer but I will make it simple. As I said before and as many have noticed, the buildbot doesn't always push a new build. For example, my builds #1 and #2 are the same as nightly #13. RC 2 and nightly #14 were released and both are just about the same from CyanogenMod. My build #3 includes the new merges after both of those have been built so mine would be newer. I will be working on a log that tracks the differences between the nightlies and my builds shortly.

Q: What's the deal with the kernels? Why are there the same number build but different names?

A: I have noticed that everyone has their own "go-to kernel" after they flash a ROM. I have collected the top 4 gingerbread kernels used and incorporated them into each build I do. There is the stock build which is nothing different than what the CyanogeMod team puts out, Incredikernel, Invisiblek, Tiamat, and SalvagedZen. You can choose whatever one you want to use. The purpose of this is to simplify the install process for the user so that there is no need to be flashing multiple zips just because you're updating to the newest build.

Q: I can't get CWM 3.0.0.x to update on my phone. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I go to recovery, it says i'm running 3.0.0.x

A: ROM Manager > Menu > Settings > Erase Recovery > Back > All ClockworkMod Recoveries > select 3.0.0.7 or higher

Any other questions? Please let me know and I will include them in this post!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally test out each build as I release them and if there is one posing serious issues I will pull it from my site!

I have successfully used the stock kernel, incredikernel, and Tiamat on my builds without issues.

All my builds will be online and ready to download no later than 10 AM eastern time! I try to get them out as quick as possible for you guys!

As a sidenote and fore more clarification, I am NOT taking credit for the fabulous work that the CyanogenMod team is doing! This is NOT a custom ROM I have edited or made! This is always going to be straight from the CyanogenMod team's source!

I will be doing this past RC 2 and if CyanogenMod 7 gets release as a stable build and solidified I will be building as long as there are updates merged!

Please enjoy it and happy crackflashing to all!

Last edited:

nerogold

Oct 23, 2010
ny
This is great, now I don't have to scroll through the other thread for your builds, thanks Protekk

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

GatorsUF

May 22, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Android Wear
OnePlus 8
So what are the "fixes" you mentioned in the other thread that you merged at 9AM? I am doing a fresh install of RC2 because I have been wanting to use one of these themes since RC1, but he doesn't update it for nightlys...

If the fixes aren't anything huge then I will try to stick with RC2 for atleast half a day :D

Reactions: past_pluto

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
So what are the "fixes" you mentioned in the other thread that you merged at 9AM? I am doing a fresh install of RC2 because I have been wanting to use one of these themes since RC1, but he doesn't update it for nightlys...

If the fixes aren't anything huge then I will try to stick with RC2 for atleast half a day :D

If you visit the link to the merged changelog, anything that is there before 9 AM easter time is in this build. This includes a major fix for people having bootloop issues with RC 2. My build #3 can be considered RC 2 + fixes.

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
No more SD card damaged with #3, thanks for compiling !!! Now I can decide if I want to try the new kernel from Chad. :D

The one thing I learned from all this is that it's good to have a backup SD card that has restores on it. That way when your SD card gets F#$@#$ up, you can just put in your other SD card and your up and running.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
No more SD card damaged with #3, thanks for compiling !!! Now I can decide if I want to try the new kernel from Chad. :D

The one thing I learned from all this is that it's good to have a backup SD card that has restores on it. That way when your SD card gets F#$@#$ up, you can just put in your other SD card and your up and running.

yeah it is. but it sucks when you have 32gig card and 28gig's are used and you have only usb 1 with a 1.25mb transfer speed.... :'(

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
Mozy has a new mobile app coming that will automatically backup your phone.... not sure how it will work, but quite interested.

wildland

Jan 14, 2011
but it changes constantly with your apps too. it would be very time consuming to do it everyday

Take a look at rsync backup for Android. rsync is my favorite tool for backups since it only copies the changes to the files in question (even large files that are modified but largely the same - rsync only copies the changes). I use that app, combined with Tasker to automate a nightly backup of my sd card as well as instant backup of my dcim dir. when the camera app exits. Oh and to sync podcasts to my phone from my mac. If you're running linux or OSX you've got rsync native on your system (just be careful learning how to use it so you don't clobber any important files). If you're on windows, there are some implementations of rsync (here's one) but I've never tried 'em so I dunno how well they work...

Reactions: v941726

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Take a look at rsync backup for Android. rsync is my favorite tool for backups since it only copies the changes to the files in question (even large files that are modified but largely the same - rsync only copies the changes). I use that app, combined with Tasker to automate a nightly backup of my sd card as well as instant backup of my dcim dir. when the camera app exits. Oh and to sync podcasts to my phone from my mac. If you're running linux or OSX you've got rsync native on your system (just be careful learning how to use it so you don't clobber any important files). If you're on windows, there are some implementations of rsync (here's one) but I've never tried 'em so I dunno how well they work...

thanks. i've been looking for something like that. using tasker and getting it to work the way you want is more of a chore sometimes though

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
man you are not playing

Not one bit. I'm staying true to my word. I promised the community this so I'm going to do it! Even though the woman is getting annoyed by this I'm still doing it ;)

Update: ETA 10 minutes until completion and +5 for uploading. Get ready!

Update #2: Uploaded and ready on my site! Link is in the first post!

Mediafire link is up as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're very welcome Pro , all in good name development,don't mention it guys we're all gonna benefit.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
    Requirements:

Build #8 and higher: Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.7 or higher is REQUIRED!

You don't have 3.0.0.7 or higher installed I cannot help you out with any issues as these scripts do not play nicely with anything earlier than 3.0.0.7!

You have been warned!

How To Install:

Coming from another ROM or doing a clean install:

Step 2: Do a full wipe! This means format everything!

Step 3: Flash desired build, wait for install to finish and reboot

Step 4: Enjoy!

Upgrading from nightly #X or ProTekk build #Y using build #8 or higher:

Step 2: Flash desired build, Dalvik and cache will be wiped automatically!

Step 3: Enjoy!

Google Applications (GApps):

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

CyanogenMod changelog & merges:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Stock Build Download Locations:

http://www.mediafire.com/cm7/inc

Experimental Build Download Locations: Abandoned for now until I have more time/help

http://www.mediafire.com/?8z38p1pgyag72

Experimental Builds With Custom Kernels:

Included kernels:

Incredikernel from 03/06/11

Invisiblek from 03/09/11

SavagedZen no SBC

Tiamat from 03/05/11

Please remember that they are experimental!

With these, ALWAYS wipe Dalvik and cache! No longer needed as it is auto wiped - Build #8 and higher!

Updates:

Experimental builds #8 & stock #8 released @ 00:14 AM EST 03/12/11

Experimental builds #7 & stock #7 released @ 7:30 AM EST 03/11/11

Experimental builds #6 released @ 1:05 PM EST 03/10/11

Experimental Build #5 With Custom Kernels released @ 1:33 PM EST 03/09/11

Build #5 released @ 10:12 AM EST 03/09/11

Build #4 released @ 2:50 PM EST 03/08/11

Build #3 released @ 9 AM EST 03/08/11

Build #2 released 03/06/11

Build #1 released 03/06/11

To-Do List:

Automatically wipe Dalvik and cache prior to installing. Abandoned for the moment. Working properly!

Credits:

CyanogenMod Team for the incredible ROM they've given us

Slayher for many many many fixes and guiding me here and there! Thanks!

Calkulin for his format script - Thank you!!!!!

NilsP for helping me out with the format script

Chad, Invisiblek, SavagedZen team, and Cayniarb for your amazing kernels

If I have forgotten anyone I'm sorry! Let me know and I'll give you credit!
    For those who just need to know:

I'm $180 shy of getting the TB. I know, a long ways away. Doesn't help to be unemployed! Every cent of donations will be going to get the Thunderbolt only! I can provide proof of this as well. Just wanted to say this since I know many people are highly sceptical of the thought of "donations". I feed my other habits, like smoking, with what's left of my savings (currently $30) and I refuse to dip into donation money for that. Hope this calms some minds down ;)
    : 9RN89967TJ651502R confimation # Pro check it out
    After running various versions over and over and driving around, it is confirmed that GPS bug comes up AFTER Nightly #14. As far as ProTekk builds, this issue comes up AFTER #4 as far as I can tell. I thought Protekk #5 was working, but driving around confirmed it had the GPS bug.

Nightly #14 works repeatedly. So, the REAL workaround the GPS issue for now is to rollback to Nightly #14.