[stock rom] lg optimus one p500 stock official gingerbread 2.3.3 rom

Search This thread

sumanmj

Sep 13, 2011
Kolkata
A few days ago LG released an official update for LG Optimus One P500 which allowed the users to update to Gingerbread 2.3.3.

needless to say that i have done so myself and enjoying every moment of it.

What i did apart from that was to extract the whole ROM that was being downloaded. I have seen the Russsian ROM that was leaked but didnt want to take the risk as LG official update was on its way.:)

So, here i am, posting for the first time in this site which has helped me a lot with my Optimus One.

I have uploaded the Stock Gingerbread 2.3.3 Rom (.kdz format) for LG Optimus One P500 and you can download it from here and flash it onto your Optimus One if you would like to do so.

ROM details are in the following snapshot :

snap20110914_000323.jpg

This ROM cannot be rooted as easily as the Froyo counterpart (i.e. with Apps like Gingerbreak, Z4Root, etc) but can be done quite easily by following this tutorial. Just make sure that you read and follow the instructions to the word.

Thanks a lot if i could be of any help.
enjoy Modding
;)

sumanmj

Sep 13, 2011
Kolkata
I got the official one in July, what have you been smoking

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Same here :)
Updated since July to the official 2.3.3.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Smokin the whiff of gingerbread if u'd b so interested, but i think u should be aware of the fact that firmware updates are not always (and mostly so) available in all the countries at the same time. rather it varies greatly in the same country also. i got my update almost a couple of weeks after other people from other cities in my India itself had got it.

and moreover, i didnt intend to write this post so that i could be in time for others to update their Optimus one.

just wanted to give others an option of updating/switching/trying the official stock gingerbread rom, especially the ones who either use custom ROMS or haven't been able to update yet.

its just an option, not a regulation. so chill!!! :cool:

netsmith

Oct 8, 2011
www.jeedo.net
Hi,

Thanks, just in case somebody comes across this thread. This ROM works with with my LG P500 (Philippines locked with Globe).

Cheers for the share!

C_flo

Nov 6, 2011
I installed this on my P500, I noticed the toolbar menu on mine is the same as the 2.2 version. Also there's a few pre-loaded apps with it that won't delete normally, what's the best way to delete them, will I have to root?

pablo781

Dec 23, 2011
I installed this on my P500, I noticed the toolbar menu on mine is the same as the 2.2 version. Also there's a few pre-loaded apps with it that won't delete normally, what's the best way to delete them, will I have to root?

You will have to have rooted yes. but only if you haven't done so before

100hp

Jan 4, 2012
I purchased my p500 in Canada using the default Canadian ROM.

I would like Chinese UI on it, and was wondering if I can flash it with HK/Taiwan ROM?

Will that screw up the Radio band etc.? Thanks

ca.sachin

Jan 22, 2012
hey admin and all members,
can u pls tell me if i can install windows 7 phone in my lg optimus one

majorfigjam

Jul 15, 2011
I understand that it can be done, but only by way of upgrade from Win Mobile 6.5.

If you search www.megaupload.com, you may find the link to the relevant win6-5.dz and win7.dz files. You'll need to have root first.

Let us all know how you get on!

nzskaterboy

May 16, 2012
masterton
verification

A few days ago LG released an official update for LG Optimus One P500 which allowed the users to update to Gingerbread 2.3.3.

What i did apart from that was to extract the whole ROM that was being downloaded. I have seen the Russsian ROM that was leaked but didnt want to take the risk as LG official update was on its way.:)

So, here i am, posting for the first time in this site which has helped me a lot with my Optimus One.

I have uploaded the Stock Gingerbread 2.3.3 Rom (.kdz format) for LG Optimus One P500 and you can download it from here and flash it onto your Optimus One if you would like to do so.

View attachment 718802

This ROM cannot be rooted as easily as the Froyo counterpart (i.e. with Apps like Gingerbreak, Z4Root, etc) but can be done quite easily by following this tutorial. Just make sure that you read and follow the instructions to the word.

enjoy Modding
;)

just verifying this link works incase anyone has any concerns.
un-shore of why the extra apps are added though.

oh and btw if anyones looking for a great ics rom the aokp is a great rom just lacks good video playback and you need to download gapps but apart from that its great, hope they fix the video soon.
cheers nzskaterboy.

GrandMstrBud

Jan 30, 2007
Google Pixel 6

View attachment 718802

enjoy Modding
;)

Damn link dead, :eek:

totalka

Aug 12, 2012
Zagreb
So which one is currently the latest stock gingerbread rom version we can download (20g, h) and does anyone knows
what was it's release date?

actually, is there any chance to find out release date of each stock gb rom version?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

snap20110914_000323.jpg

enjoy Modding
    ;)
    thanks.
    i was really in need for this.Cuz the official link was not working for me.