Paranoid android vs aokp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stretchwookie

So I've been doing some reading on these two roms and I have to say, I like the layout and app settings available in paranoid android. But aokp seems to have a bigger following . I just regrettably flashed jedi xx last night . Love his roms, but I hate wiping and setting everything up again. Can anyone tell me which of the 2 roms they like and why? Appreciate your input!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Bronyr

Jan 6, 2010
DroidDen
So I've been doing some reading on these two roms and I have to say, I like the layout and app settings available in paranoid android. But aokp seems to have a bigger following . I just regrettably flashed jedi xx last night . Love his roms, but I hate wiping and setting everything up again. Can anyone tell me which of the 2 roms they like and why? Appreciate your input!

I went back to JediXX and couldn't be happier; considering problems that are still lurking in AOSP/AOKP - 4.2.x still too buggy for me. I'd wait till all the kinks are resolved.

Reactions: woundedworld

stretchwookie

I went back to JediXX and couldn't be happier; considering problems that are still lurking in AOSP/AOKP - 4.2.x still too buggy for me. I'd wait till all the kinks are resolved.

Jedi-XX is definitely a great rom, MUCH faster than what i was using before (Jedi-x3 i think). But I am being heavily seduced by Paranoid android, aokp, and now a new one has caught my eye.... Rootbox (formerly jellybam).

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
Jedi-XX is definitely a great rom, MUCH faster than what i was using before (Jedi-x3 i think). But I am being heavily seduced by Paranoid android, aokp, and now a new one has caught my eye.... Rootbox (formerly jellybam).

Root box is good I tried it but I like Carbon, 4.2.2 and Voodoo sound.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

They all have little kinks but.

I like theme chooser.
4.1.2 vs 4.2.2
No Samsung crap
Voodoo sound
Full AOSP

Bronyr

Jan 6, 2010
DroidDen

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I like theme chooser.
4.1.2 vs 4.2.2
No Samsung crap
Voodoo sound
Full AOSP

I've decided to give carbon a try and in all honesty I don't see any benefit of it vs jedi/tw roms. Camera has no low light option, and its rather important to me; call audio is just terrible, scratchy. Besides, i like all that Samsung "crap".
I guess it's the "Return of The Jedi" for me :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: SolaceKane

stretchwookie

Well I tried flashing them all. And to my dismay, there is a BIG problem. I can't download any apps until I clear the play store and download manager. Then I have to download them all manually. Which I would do, but then it doesn't tlet me re download my purchased apps for free... Deal breaker. Which sucks because I prefer their rom features. Don't care for the s pen or Samsung stuff

SolaceKane

Dec 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I love carbon,aokp and paranoid android for asthetics but the leck of solid bluetooth connectivity coupled with my preference for the default samsung keyborad has made me go back to jedi roms. If they manage to iron out the bluetooth issues ill flash those and never look back. but since i use bluetooth ALOT for calls and music, not so much

Reactions: woundedworld

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
I've decided to give carbon a try and in all honesty I don't see any benefit of it vs jedi/tw roms. Camera has no low light option, and its rather important to me; call audio is just terrible, scratchy. Besides, i like all that Samsung "crap".

Different strokes. I like being on the latest version of Android and Wolfson audio is better than anything out there. I have no call issues. I have had 3 Nexus devices b4 this one. I prefer AOSP.

If I want a new theme I have a choice of hundreds and I don't have to flash it. Don't have to flash every little UI mod.

stretchwookie

Nope... Have not had that issue on any of the ASOP Liquid, Root Box, CM, AOKP or Carbon.

i really hate to be "that guy" but could you tell me EXACTLY how you did it? when i flash either paranoid android OR root box i get the problem i described. im wondering if maybe im missing a step or a fix or SOMETHING? id super appreciate it

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
i really hate to be "that guy" but could you tell me EXACTLY how you did it? when i flash either paranoid android OR root box i get the problem i described. im wondering if maybe im missing a step or a fix or SOMETHING? id super appreciate it

Are you using a custom DPI? That can cause market issues. I just stick with the standard

I think there is a modded playstore out there that does not have the issues.

Reactions: stretchwookie

stretchwookie

No i wanted to let it all finish before changing the UI. I got it working though. I edited my build.Prop to show that I have a t889 instead of the n7105. I haven't head ant troubles so far. I have no idea why I had to do this and others have not, but it works. Took me all night to get it to work lol. Going to bed now, will play with the ROM when I wake and report back

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
No i wanted to let it all finish before changing the UI. I got it working though. I edited my build.Prop to show that I have a t889 instead of the n7105. I haven't head ant troubles so far. I have no idea why I had to do this and others have not, but it works. Took me all night to get it to work lol. Going to bed now, will play with the ROM when I wake and report back

Glad you got it working!

Reactions: stretchwookie

webbie2

Jul 17, 2012
Cleveland
Thanks for being helpful. That's why I love this community. Also, I effing love paranoid android. Still trying to figure out how to disable the bezel buttons though lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T889 using xda premium

it tells you how to disable to soft buttons in the thread. you go into interface and make it "0"

I'm running Task650 AOKP on my S4 and I love it!!! I wish it did have some features Paranoid Android has but I am about 97% satisfied.

I'm thinking about flashing the GE Rom but i'm not sure I want to lose all the extra features that I get with a custom ROM.

Make sure you read the change logs and all the features to make sure its what you want.

ejdavis

Apr 10, 2009
Try Moon Rom version 1....touchwiz, floating windows, and tablet and Hanley mode...n7105 Rom working great on T-Mobile...I'm also using devil kernel and recovery dual boot, so I can choose my paranoid Rom on the fly when I want to.... best of both worlds...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I like theme chooser.
    4.1.2 vs 4.2.2
    No Samsung crap
    Voodoo sound
    Full AOSP

I love carbon,aokp and paranoid android for asthetics but the leck of solid bluetooth connectivity coupled with my preference for the default samsung keyborad has made me go back to jedi roms. If they manage to iron out the bluetooth issues ill flash those and never look back. but since i use bluetooth ALOT for calls and music, not so much

Are you using a custom DPI? That can cause market issues. I just stick with the standard

I think there is a modded playstore out there that does not have the issues.

Glad you got it working!