IN MEMORY OF TONYSTARK

Search This thread

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Mind if I hijack this thread and ask about his family? Send all the best wishes from me too. R.I.P.

XDA has sent some things to the family as well as many comments and condolences from moderators. We will be giving them the link to this thread so they can view all the comments and condolences.
Also a donation link is being set up and will be posted soon to help with his childrens' college funds.Watch the thread and the OP for that.

kuzibri

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2008
XDA has sent some things to the family as well as many comments and condolences from moderators. We will be giving them the link to this thread so they can view all the comments and condolences.
Also a donation link is being set up and will be posted soon to help with his childrens' college funds.Watch the thread and the OP for that.

Rest in peace Tony. I'm deeply shocked, cause Tony was a very good friend. With all of his support, he brought me to what I'm now here on XDA. I remember him as a very social person, always wiling to help people, but also as a person with a critical mind whenever needed. Would you be so kind to bring my sincere condolences to his family and wishing them all the strenght in the world to cope with this severe loss. Dear Tony, aka as Tom, you will stay always in my mind!

regards, kuzibri

Last edited:

Kris Nelson

Sep 1, 2013
Beautiful Virginia

Thank you for keeping us posted on this.. He is such a loss to those he made laugh!

kenbrownstone

Feb 12, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Sorry to hear this..Just out of curiosity how old was he and how old are his children. Believe he helped me several times.But his presence was always on this board .Him and the judge were the two that always stuck out to me for some reason. Possible and probably their names ..For his family so sorry for your loss. My brother was having heart problems this week and was afraid I would lose him.May God give peace to you all ..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrrocketdog and Neo

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
I did not know him that well but he was a class act and very likeable and had a certain charm that most would agree is contageous.
I wish his family all the best and hope what we share here can bring them some warm feelings of knowing that the man truly touched many people.
At times being out here and interacting with familiar faces almost can feel like a second family. I'm sure most who've posted in here prior to myself can relate to the feeling.

He was a great person and my condolences to his family. I hope we can give you something positive in what is such a difficult time. Be strong and know you're in our prayers

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Tom was an inspiration to me, my role model. If there was anyone who was an embodiment of XDA it was Tom. Losing him has been quite hard on his XDA family, we'll never forget just how much passion and love he put into this place, always striving to make XDA better, and always taking the time to have a chat with those around him.

This place will never be the same without him, but the mark he leaves on XDA will be ever present.

Rest in peace, friend.

My thoughts go out to his family and all those who care for him.

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
Wow. Rest in peace. My condolences to his family and friends.

I don't recall any specific conversations we had, but I recognize his username and I have only positive, albeit vague memories of his impact on the forum. But from what little I recall, he was a good person.

Reactions: mrrocketdog and Neo

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
It has been a great pleasure talking to Tony whilst I was getting the ropes of becoming a contributor and having forum ethics.

His sharp eye for a large number of forums here at XDA and quick reactions to remedy/improve threads and people is astounding. Getting reprimanded by Tony was one thing but getting praised and cheered on by him is another. He'll definitely be missed by everyone in the Xperia SP forums and all over XDA.

Best wishes to his family in coping with the loss and to everyone else here at XDA be it admins, contributors, developers, senior members and junior members, Stay Healthy and always remember that your time is limited. Make the full use out of it like Tony did.

~ Firdaus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ironman_spiderman___revenge_by_ladynorthstar-d4a922q.png

In memory of our fallen comrade TonyStark who gave up so much for the benefit of XDA, the community and his teammates!
    On March 20th, 2016 we lost a great contributor and moderator to this great site! He was a comrade, teammate, and friend!
    He succumbed to respiratory failure after a long time battling this off and on.
    R.I.P. buddy! You will be missed and remembered!

For those wishing to help the family they have requested all donations go towards his children's college fund https://www.paypal.me/TonyStarkKids

For those of you that are unable to send funds to that address, please send a PayPal money transfer as "friends and family" to the following gmail address: TonyStarkKidsCollegeFund@gmail.com

Thanks @Neo for getting this set up!

Support for XDA loss, TS, Signature Banner
    Thanks @malybru

hrqffva

If you would like to donate to support TonyStark's kids' college fund click here
    Apply for RC/RT - - - - - FORUM RULES - - - - - Support Autism Awareness
    I've been thinking about posting here for a while but did not have the courage to do so.

I'd just like to say that he was someone that we as Mods looked at with high regards as he always showed a very proactive attitude whilst helping others. I for one will miss him but know very well that he is not suffering anymore and he is not in pain anymore. I hope to see him one day in the future walking, having fun and enjoying life with his family based on this beautiful scripture of John 5:21, 28:
    21 "For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes alive whomever he wants to"
    28 "Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice"
    We didn't lose a friend...we gained a lot by him sharing his knowledge, great experiences and learned that we have to always endured and fight with all our might in the face of adversity.

See you later Tom, see you later...
    Mind if I hijack this thread and ask about his family? Send all the best wishes from me too. R.I.P.

Just donated $500 from myself and Alex from DU. This is awful and I hope this will help his family.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk