[Tutorial] How to Flash and Root Galaxy A [SHW M100S]

Search This thread

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
This Model is even Older than the Galaxy S SHW M110S but still in the market in third world countries .

The Flashing Procedure for this Korean Galaxy A is similar to the Korean Galaxy S But this model has limited ROM's and Rooting Kernels as it was not that popular once the Galaxy S was revealed three months later.

Downloads

You Can download an Instructions manual from Here

You need to use Odin3 version 1.32 (Attached below)

You need USB Drivers (Attached below)

ROMS Currently Available
Stock ROM DB19
DF27
Galaxy A 2.2.1
EB25
EG04
EG04 Custom
EG04 Jackos
EI08
KyuHyuk 2.0.1 (Rom 2.2.1 Cooked)
Johyengho
Aprime GBV02
MiRu ROM PE 2.5
GA ROM 1.5

How to Root?

You can use Framaroot app or Unlockroot from your PC or Cydia Impactor from PC

or

Flash Rooted ROM EG04

Download Mode : Press and hold vol up + vol down + Power button
Recovery Mode : Press volume up + power button

General advice prior to Flashing any phone

Its always best to do a "clean" install. meaning you should remove any old scripts, data, cache, junk before flashing a new ROM, this is like taking a bath before using new clothes. For some models it is a must do, for others it may not be a major problem or can be resolved by flashing the dbdata.rfs to clear out the remaining junk that you failed to remove before flashing . But if you had "lagfix" and did not undo it, it can cause internal SD card unavailable situation, which can be difficult to resolve.

Hence before flashing its advisable to
a) undo lagfix, IF you had any.
b) Do a factory reset by settings>Privacy> factory reset ( erase SD Card - optional , as formatting SD card could be too)
c) And even going into recovery to wipe everything is also good.
d) Removing SIM Card and External SD card ( makes it easier for phone to boot up initially after flashing a new ROM)

Doing this will give you a "Clean" install or fresh start for your phone.

Make sure your Battery Charge is more than 50%, Samsung requires you to have 100% charge when using KIES to upgrade.

Reminder, What you do with your Phone is your own responsibility, so do it at your own risk​

Flashing Procedure

1). You need to Factory Reset Phone first go to settings >Privacy> factory reset also can be done in recovery

2) Power Down and Enter Recovery Mode and wipe data and wipe cache

3) Power down and remove battery, Then reinsert the battery and Enter Download Mode

4) Fireup Odin3 ver 1.32 on PC and Connect phone with USB cable to PC

5) Now select the ROM you had downloaded in Odin under PDA ( do not tick or press anything else ) and DON'T Interrupt flashing unless stuck for some time

6) Press Start Button on Odin3 and wait till is completed

7) Once phone has booted up and everything is working, power down and enter Recovery Mode, here you "factory Reset" phone one more time

That's it Now you will be using the new ROM you just flashed.

Any problem, just check My Android Solution's for relevant solution

Check this out! You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
thanks.jpg

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select :good: Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.​

Attachments

• Odin3_v1.3.2.rar
    178 KB · Views: 1,904
Last edited:

xggwarchildxx

Dec 1, 2012
I am very thankful that i found this thread! At last! i am able to find roms for my phone. The sad part is, this phone was given to me, and i didn't know what they did because i found out that my Storage settings states Unavailable, and Available storage 0.00b. I tried flashing it with the stock rom you provided but an error that says like "the file is to large than tha target partition" something like that. Could please kindly direct me what to do? please! I would be very very thankful!

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
I am very thankful that i found this thread! At last! i am able to find roms for my phone. The sad part is, this phone was given to me, and i didn't know what they did because i found out that my Storage settings states Unavailable, and Available storage 0.00b. I tried flashing it with the stock rom you provided but an error that says like "the file is to large than tha target partition" something like that. Could please kindly direct me what to do? please! I would be very very thankful!

You need to strictly follow the flashing guide , remove eveything including SIM card and Ext SD card, and format Internal SD card ( If possible) in the phone. After that following the guide flash the DB 19 Stock ROM, to see, if you can recover from the corrupt partitions problem.

xggwarchildxx

Dec 1, 2012
Sir, i did follow the flashing guide, but flashing the stock rom still say the same error: The file is too large than the target partition. BTW, there is no sd card in the phone while flashing. But still the same, stock rom say the same error, the other rom (custom?) succeed but still the same problem. Thank you!

Edit:
I think formatting the internal storage is impossible as there is 0.00b available in the phone storage status also the Format Storage cannot be clicked. Thanks!

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Sir, i did follow the flashing guide, but flashing the stock rom still say the same error: The file is too large than the target partition. BTW, there is no sd card in the phone while flashing. But still the same, stock rom say the same error, the other rom (custom?) succeed but still the same problem. Thank you!

Edit:
I think formatting the internal storage is impossible as there is 0.00b available in the phone storage status also the Format Storage cannot be clicked. Thanks!

The thing is , you need a PIT FILE to repartition, unfortunately, I cannot locate one, so you need to search for it. also I do not have this phone, for me to try extracting a PIT File or help you with other methods.

Alternatively, you can try to switch SD Cards, and that needs a modified CWM kernel as ell as an Ext SD card partitioned into two partitions.

xggwarchildxx

Dec 1, 2012
The thing is , you need a PIT FILE to repartition, unfortunately, I cannot locate one, so you need to search for it. also I do not have this phone, for me to try extracting a PIT File or help you with other methods.

Alternatively, you can try to switch SD Cards, and that needs a modified CWM kernel as ell as an Ext SD card partitioned into two partitions.

OK sir.. i will try and find if there is any existing PIT file for this. Thank you!

bhailogs121

Dec 22, 2013
samsung galaxy a shw m100s

i buy samsung galaxy A shw m100s with firmware 2.3.4. this is my first android phone i am intrested in learning new things i download odin3_v1.3.2.exe with a tar.md5 file named {SHW-M100S_HOME_EB25_8G_REV08_user.tar} i connect my android with power+vol down+vol up key download mode and open the odin and upload the tar file i change the firmware 2.3.4 to 2.2.1. now it is hang when i turn on hotspot sheild opened i want to back in 2.3.4 and a stable operating system
please help me please

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
i buy samsung galaxy A shw m100s with firmware 2.3.4. this is my first android phone i am intrested in learning new things i download odin3_v1.3.2.exe with a tar.md5 file named {SHW-M100S_HOME_EB25_8G_REV08_user.tar} i connect my android with power+vol down+vol up key download mode and open the odin and upload the tar file i change the firmware 2.3.4 to 2.2.1. now it is hang when i turn on hotspot sheild opened i want to back in 2.3.4 and a stable operating system
please help me please

Follow the guide above step by step and after that flash the EG04 or EI08 ROM, it comes in custom, rooted etc or the other after EG04 , will get you back to 2.3.4, remember to do all the wipes and steps.

Reactions: bhailogs121

vinura kithmal

Dec 15, 2012
Colombo
flashing not starting

This Model is even Older than the Galaxy S SHW M110S but still in the market in third world countries .

The Flashing Procedure for this Korean Galaxy A is similar to the Korean Galaxy S But this model has limited ROM's and Rooting Kernels as it was not that popular once the Galaxy S was revealed three months later.

Downloads

ROMS Currently Available
Stock ROM DB19
DF27
Galaxy A 2.2.1
EB25
EG04
EG04 Custom
EG04 Jackos
EI08
Johyengho
Aprime GBV02
MiRu ROM PE 2.5
GA ROM 1.5

How to Root?

or

Flash Rooted ROM EG04

Its always best to do a "clean" install. meaning you should remove any old scripts, data, cache, junk before flashing a new ROM, this is like taking a bath before using new clothes. For some models it is a must do, for others it may not be a major problem or can be resolved by flashing the dbdata.rfs to clear out the remaining junk that you failed to remove before flashing . But if you had "lagfix" and did not undo it, it can cause internal SD card unavailable situation, which can be difficult to resolve.

b) Do a factory reset by settings>Privacy> factory reset ( erase SD Card - optional , as formatting SD card could be too)
d) Removing SIM Card and External SD card ( makes it easier for phone to boot up initially after flashing a new ROM)

Make sure your Battery Charge is more than 50%, Samsung requires you to have 100% charge when using KIES to upgrade.

Reminder, What you do with your Phone is your own responsibility, so do it at your own risk​

Flashing Procedure

1). You need to Factory Reset Phone first go to settings >Privacy> factory reset also can be done in recovery

3) Power down and remove battery, Then reinsert the battery and Enter Download Mode

5) Now select the ROM you had downloaded in Odin under PDA ( do not tick or press anything else ) and DON'T Interrupt flashing unless stuck for some time

7) Once phone has booted up and everything is working, power down and enter Recovery Mode, here you "factory Reset" phone one more time

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
thanks.jpg

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select :good: Thanks

after i enter in to the download mode nothings gonna happen :'( :'( my device is not showing in the connection status :/
flashing not starting :'(
any solutions plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue
Brother Is TheRe Any Jelly Bean Rom?????

Sorry mate, This Phone was only sold in Korea and only a few countries. Few month later, Galaxy S came out and died. I remember many many developers back in Korea cooking ROMs but in about 2011, all the development completely stopped and the Galaxy A community closed. Gingerbread and Froyo ROMs are all we've got.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Downloads

ROMS Currently Available
    Stock ROM DB19
    DF27
    Galaxy A 2.2.1
    EB25
    EG04
    EG04 Custom
    EG04 Jackos
    EI08
    Johyengho
    Aprime GBV02
    MiRu ROM PE 2.5
    GA ROM 1.5

How to Root?

or

Flash Rooted ROM EG04

Flashing Procedure

thanks.jpg

please help me please

Follow the guide above step by step and after that flash the EG04 or EI08 ROM, it comes in custom, rooted etc or the other after EG04 , will get you back to 2.3.4, remember to do all the wipes and steps.