[info] Easily solve Invalid IMEI Issue with Engineering Mode trick for Micromax A116

Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Micromax Canvas HD A116 can be started in Engineering Mode for changing settings and testing hardware segments with following command on DialPad
Sections inside are...

• Telephony
  • Connectivity
  • Hardware Testing
  • Others
*As soon as you press last asterisk (*) it will go in Engineering mode.
This should also work on A210 Canvas 4 HD
There is a great Video on Youtube by Sameer Nagdeve to resolve the Invalid IMEI issue very easily with this MTK Engineering mode. MANY THANKS TO SAMEER NAGDEVE. It was not available before when many of us lost IMEI due to mis-adventures to solve screen flicker problems etc.

WARNING: This is not for everyone. If you dont know any command, just leave it. By just playing around with options without exact known expectations, you may end up in fainted phone. :D

EDIT: More info in Post # 8 about another method.

Hope this helps some.

Some more references:
1) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2843373 This method is successfully worked for @Johnny199314 (17-08-2014) on his A117. The chipset of A116 and A117 is same and this method should work for A116 also. Always use at your own risk.

2) http://www.skyneel.com/2013/08/How-...-MTK-phone.html?showComment=1380858252369&m=1 WORKED PERFECT for Himanshu Balayan (reference) Always use at your own risk.

3) This also worked for many http://www.androidjugaad.com/index.php?threads%2Fimei-permanent-fix-for-mt-6589-devices-in-10-steps.834%2F Always use at your own risk.

Last edited:

Jun 17, 2013
AT Command send fail ..

I have Micromax Canvas 4 A210
I have tried this but it said AT Command send fail ..

Please help me what should I do .?

Jun 17, 2013
Thank You so much buddy ... You save me ...

Micromax care center told me it won't be repaired ... But you did it for me ... Thanks again

Anup

Sent from my A210 using xda app-developers app

prithvirao17

Mar 4, 2012
This is something that must not be shared here as per xda rules. The method u mentioned can be used for things other than the obvious. I think someone will delete this soon.

anu335

Sep 2, 2013
lucknow
MicromaxHD A116 invalid imei.

open phone dialer and type these code *#*#3646633#*#*
these code open Engineer Mode -->
go to CDS information -->
then click on Radio information -->
AT Command send
i am try it MicromaxHD A116 so it should work imei change successfully but After hard reset phone
than again show invalid imei pls help......

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Thank You so much buddy ... You save me ...

Micromax care center told me it won't be repaired ... But you did it for me ... Thanks again

Anup

Sent from my A210 using xda app-developers app

I am glad this info was useful to you. :). There are some new methods were also found to recover IMEI.

One mote method is here >>> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46877221&postcount=392 and a hint (here)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46877221&postcount=392

Reactions: Jaskaran498

devil.chin2

May 9, 2013
lost imei

format your mobile using sp tools and flash your stock rom ..hence your baseband n imei no. will show

Note- Backup your internal memory data after format data will erase :D:good:

i have lost imei and baseband!! so will install a clean rom via sp tools do the trick??? and bring back the imei?? if not can it atleast bring the baseband ?? imei can be written via enggineering mode i suppose!! plz helkp

Reactions: Muhammad_Arif

ahesartamboli

Nov 23, 2013
Solapur
Not command send after enggnring mode At+E...imei... It shows at command failed to send....what can i:confused::confused::confused: do...

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385824135476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385824135476.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 5,131

Jun 17, 2013
And thenn flash your mobile with stock rom, your baseband will be back. Then go to engineering mode and type AT commands

Sent from my A210 using xda app-developers app:):):)

Reactions: ahesartamboli

raman_

Nov 13, 2013
New Delhi
after formating through sp tools how to flash backup done by MTK tools

And thenn flash your mobile with stock rom, your baseband will be back. Then go to engineering mode and type AT commands

Sent from my A210 using xda app-developers app:):):)

Hi
Pls advise, after formatting the phone how should i flash the backup done by MTK tools as there are 2 folders of nvram and system which are not an img format. Can I convert those folders to img so that they can be flashed using sptools?
Pls help me out.

Thanks

Vipauer

Aug 30, 2011
Portugal
Wiko Cink Five

Hi
Pls advise, after formatting the phone how should i flash the backup done by MTK tools as there are 2 folders of nvram and system which are not an img format. Can I convert those folders to img so that they can be flashed using sptools?
Pls help me out.

Thanks

Hi people,

I've a same problem...

I installed via SPTools a new ROM to A116i and lost IMEI and WIFI Mac Address.

Previously, I did a backup from my original rom (Wiko Cink Five) and saved the folder named NVRAM.

Now when I go install any new ROM via CWMR or do a WIPE DATA he lost the IMEI and WIFI Mac :(

Is there any solution to solve the problem???

Thanks a lot your help... :good:

maneshvinod

May 1, 2011
Hi people,

I've a same problem...

I installed via SPTools a new ROM to A116i and lost IMEI and WIFI Mac Address.

Previously, I did a backup from my original rom (Wiko Cink Five) and saved the folder named NVRAM.

Now when I go install any new ROM via CWMR or do a WIPE DATA he lost the IMEI and WIFI Mac :(

Is there any solution to solve the problem???

Thanks a lot your help... :good:

Same for me any solution

Sent from my Multi By Java using xda premium

Top Liked Posts