Mango Restart Phone App based on DLLImport

Search This thread

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
One Small Query. Does it take a bit longer to shutdown than regular shutdown or its because its a restart it takes more time.

Also I have created a Demo Video if you want to include. and a review is up on wpxbox.

Thanks for the app.

Reactions: singularity0821

singularity0821

Apr 6, 2011
One Small Query. Does it take a bit longer to shutdown than regular shutdown or its because its a restart it takes more time.

Also I have created a Demo Video if you want to include. and a review is up on wpxbox.

Thanks for the app.

Thanks for the video.

Not so sure if it takes longer. I noticed that sometimes a normal shutdown takes longer than other times, not sure what this is depending on.

Reactions: pedaah

smith_ts

Nov 24, 2007
Hi,
This could well be a stupid question but how is this installed?
Do i need to Homebrew first?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've created a simple app to restart the phone. It's based on DLLImport by fiinix.

Cleaned it up a little and added source.

Video by WPXBOX

View attachment 772512
    One thing I notice is that the app doesn't always work from live tile, or if phone is running for a while, it just backs out of the app on confirmation of shutdown.

Video is here,, doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not. It's a great tool, just a small bug.
    OK, I'm not sure why this needs ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES - you should be fine without it. Did you try it that way? Unless your code is opening a driver handle, you don't need that capability. Native code works just fine with only the Interop manifest.

To call the live tile function directly, it's the same GUID but you need to know the parameter that passed along with the live tile. Calling the app with that parameter will start it and trigger the OnNavigatedTo event with the correct parameter.
    It is stored on the device, both in the file system and in the app manager. Neither of those are terribly useful though, so the simpler way is to open the XAP directly, and look in the WMAppManifest.XML file.

ProductID="{ede8d6f6-4b64-43b0-8be6-1c98def5ca85}"

As for the parameter you have to pass to make it think it's coming from the live tile, you'll either need to decompile the DLL or ask the author (or get the source code, which it would be awesome if more people just included up front).

By the way, ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES is already commented out of the manifest. You do not need interop-unlock for this app!
    Nice application! Could you please share the source with us? I am still looking for examples that uses DLLimport :)