Newsr Google Reader

Search This thread

legendary1022

Jan 6, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I would agree. Have been using this for a couple of days and has replaced newsrob as my go-to Google reader app. Love the interface and new features are coming quickly.

Sent from my Xoom

MvP77

Feb 9, 2009
Arlington, TX
I think it needs to be a lil faster fetching feeds and I hope they offer a White on black theme.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

PearlMikeJam

Dec 18, 2008
I would agree that Newsr is definitely onto something, however I think its missing one key thing which is offline capability (download/read/sync when online).

Can anyone think of a reason this couldn't be accomplished?

This was my exact question I had before buying. Thanks for clarifying.

This can be done as NewRob already does this on Android phones. I would like to see offline capabilities that downloads the entire article and not just the RSS feed blurb with a link. I have seen other RSS apps be able to do this.

futuregerald

Jun 15, 2007
Bronx
considering that i've been using the official google reader app cause that's what i'm used to on my N1, this is a huge improvement, consider it bought.

flippingout

Aug 27, 2010
Atlanta
plus.google.com
Just bought. Very nice interface and quite snappy. Some room for improvement but snappy none-the-less.

I agree and would like to see some offline component to it but that is not a dealbreaker for me - i'll always have 3G (hopefully soon 4G) coverage but for those with Wi-Fi only tablets that will likely be a must have part of this app.

Kuddos to the developer for optimizing this for Honeycomb. Now I get to ditch Pulse!!

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
You should all email the dev (Chris Stewart) - his email is in the app description or support info. He's been very responsive and seems to be open to suggestions/feedback.

I got in at 1.0 and it's improved very fast since then already.

Chris Stewart

Mar 15, 2011
I'm Chris, and I'm the developer for Newsr. Really glad to see the positive remarks throughout this thread. Glad you're all enjoying the app and I definitely have more coming for it, and additional Honeycomb-optimized apps. If you have any suggestions, feedback, etc, don't hesitate to email me: cstewart913@gmail.com.

Chris Stewart

Mar 15, 2011
I would agree that Newsr is definitely onto something, however I think its missing one key thing which is offline capability (download/read/sync when online).

Can anyone think of a reason this couldn't be accomplished?

Offline is definitely something I'm working on for a future release. It's coming... :)

Chris Stewart

Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!

I actually just pushed out version 1.10 tonight which includes a few highly requested features:

-- Token authorization uses any Google account now, not just gmail.com and googlemail.com accounts.
-- Can now view starred articles in the label view.
-- Implemented the native “Share” feature of Google Reader.

Plenty more coming, so stay tuned!

Reactions: BillyVerden

vamp6x6x6x

Aug 21, 2010
www.iandroidandmore.com
I am honestly thinking about getting this. I have never use google reader before, but I have used pulse reader...And I have to say that this looks like it has a cooler and overall easier to understand UI then pulse does.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a tablet optimized reader and I'm loving it more than pulse on my Xoom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keKbUjsXAKQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!

I actually just pushed out version 1.10 tonight which includes a few highly requested features:

-- Token authorization uses any Google account now, not just gmail.com and googlemail.com accounts.
    -- Can now view starred articles in the label view.
    -- Implemented the native “Share” feature of Google Reader.

Plenty more coming, so stay tuned!
    Thanks for making that, very cool. Glad you're enjoying Newsr. I'm actively working on it and have a pretty big update coming that will make the experience even better. :)
    Chris said he is adding offline support which should speed up the app. He's been a bit quite lately...hopefully that means he is hard at work at a big update!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

I do have an update in store for Newsr. I've been working on getting my next app, TweetComb, up to par in the feature department to Newsr. Once they're both in good shape, I'll be splitting my time between the two of them more evenly.
    Newsr is now a FREE app on the Android Market! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chriswstewart.rss

To my existing customers, thank you very much for your support and feedback. I'm happy to offer you a refund, just send me an email (cstewart913@gmail.com).