Modify S200 GPS antenna to improve GPS signal strength

Search This thread

user109

Apr 29, 2010
I wonder why my s200 still not able to receive an acceptable GPS signal.. :confused: I followed the suggested "cut" but Garmin still not able to receive any signal.. Satellite viewer also failed to receive more than 2 bars.. :mad:

Supermen`

Nov 16, 2011
Елабуга
acer-club.ru
I wonder why my s200 still not able to receive an acceptable GPS signal.. :confused: I followed the suggested "cut" but Garmin still not able to receive any signal.. Satellite viewer also failed to receive more than 2 bars.. :mad:
Still happens business depends on an insertion, what insertion at you? And patch GPS put?
P. S. I badly know English, but I think you me have understood

Crommy

Mar 21, 2011
hi

hey can you tell me where is the Bluetooth antenna location is, i wanna modify it, it skips music with my Bluetooth headsets

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as you konw, S200 GPS is not easy to fix, let me tell you a simple method to fix this problem.
    1. Turn off your S200, open rear cover, remove the battery, locate the gps antenna position.
    refer to f1.jpg

2. Peel the black gps antenna carefully and turn over from left to right. use the multimeter to measure resistance between two electrodes and you'll find it's short-circuit status (~0 Ohms).
    Look carefully at the root location of the antenna, there is a black transparent line, at the end of this line,you can find the short-circuit point, cut off this copper chips until the short-circuit point completely disconnected, then measure resistance between two electrodes to determine it is no longer short-circuit (Infinity ∞ Ohms).

refer to f2.jpg d1.jpg and modification diagram.jpg or this (surcart's pic).

recovery the antenna, turn on your S200 and test gps. Enjoy it !

refer to c1 and c2 pics (compare with HTC P3600, left is P3600, right is S200)
    c1.jpg is before modify, c2.jpg is after .

btw, tracking speed is faster than before.

d1.jpg is a large pic
    d2.jpg is the details after modified

maybe you can do it without peeling antenna off, try to cut the short-circuit position directly if you are not sure you can completely peel off. refer to d2.jpg or s200_p1.jpg(provided by wysxs, thx) or Victor79's pic .
    i still dont understand what i have to do, when i peeled off the black "antenna".
    what should i cut??
    and is it nesseserry that the black antenna does look like bitten? Is it posible, that the black thing looks like that it is not touched??

because if i need to send it back to acer( for reparing it) that they dont say: you touched the hardware, we don't repair it=/