What Micro SD card are you using?

Search This thread

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
What is the difference between the classes like class 4 or class 10. writing and reading speed?

Class 4 is supposed to write at a minimum of 4MB/s. Class 10 is 10MB/s. Read speeds should also increase with the higher class but can vary greatly as Darunion mentioned.

hyperfear11

Mar 23, 2012
Texas, USA
I noticed on amazon, the the higher up you go the higher the price, for example its cheaper to get two 16gb micro sd cards then to get one 32 gb. It's not much of a saving but I find that a little ironic because usually when you buy more at once its cheaper. But, I suppose its better technology or whatever to cram 32gb in there then it is to get 16 or less. I too use the 8gb c4 that came with th phone and am soon getting either 2 16gb or maybe 3 8gb, I don't mind the switching out of sd cards. And, although I do use the data on my sd card a lot, with flashing roms and backing up etc. I am still pleases with the speeds of a class 4.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA

G

GuestK007

I noticed on amazon, the the higher up you go the higher the price, for example its cheaper to get two 16gb micro sd cards then to get one 32 gb. It's not much of a saving but I find that a little ironic because usually when you buy more at once its cheaper. But, I suppose its better technology or whatever to cram 32gb in there then it is to get 16 or less. I too use the 8gb c4 that came with th phone and am soon getting either 2 16gb or maybe 3 8gb, I don't mind the switching out of sd cards. And, although I do use the data on my sd card a lot, with flashing roms and backing up etc. I am still pleases with the speeds of a class 4.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA

cool story bro

nbeerbower

Mar 22, 2011
I'm using a 32 GB PNY Class 10 card. Honestly it's nice having the space, but I haven't seen a noticeable improvement in speed and using SD Tools it only gets up to 8 MB/s...

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Switched to the 64Gb Sandisk Mobile Ultra Micro XC SD card a couple of weeks back and it has been running perfectly. Haven't checked any speed tests.

mightydr

Jul 19, 2008
This

SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging with Komputerbay SDXC USB Reader

works fine in my Inspire 4G (red). It didn't require special formatting and showed up as having 59.3 GB available IIRC.

BTW, for those with multiple/other devices, it also works on Motorola Xoom and Acer A100 tablets.

Switched to the 64Gb Sandisk Mobile Ultra Micro XC SD card a couple of weeks back and it has been running perfectly. Haven't checked any speed tests.

graewulf1

I run a 32GB class 4 PNY. Avoid the 32GB class 10 PNY in the inspire. I tried one of those and it was about 1/4 the speed of the class 4 in the same phone. Don't ask me why, but it was. I had an 8GB class 4 Sandisk that came with the phone, and when I upgraded to the class 10 32GB, everything slowed to a crawl when running off of the card. If you're just storing music and photos on the SD card you might be OK with the class 10, but running boot manager and extra ROMs off the SD you will see the performance difference. Stick with the class 4 if you plan on running multiple ROMS or apps off of the SD card.

nbeerbower

Mar 22, 2011
I run a 32GB class 4 PNY. Avoid the 32GB class 10 PNY in the inspire. I tried one of those and it was about 1/4 the speed of the class 4 in the same phone. Don't ask me why, but it was. I had an 8GB class 4 Sandisk that came with the phone, and when I upgraded to the class 10 32GB, everything slowed to a crawl when running off of the card. If you're just storing music and photos on the SD card you might be OK with the class 10, but running boot manager and extra ROMs off the SD you will see the performance difference. Stick with the class 4 if you plan on running multiple ROMS or apps off of the SD card.

I have the Class 10. I definitely haven't seen performance like that, however I do not get Class 10 speeds, more like Class 8.

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
I have the Class 10. I definitely haven't seen performance like that, however I do not get Class 10 speeds, more like Class 8.

I also have the class 10 card. I have seen great performance. I did run a couple of roms from the card. They worked fine but I felt like it may be more risky in the event of a drop and prefer to just run one at a time from my Inspire.

Here's a screen shot from sd tools.

Sent using the power of the dark side.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336000075079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336000075079.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 183

jeriku

Mar 2, 2012
I was using an off brand 32gb card from eBay. It was a pos. It would constantly corrupt and I'd lose everything. I've since switched to a Sandisk 32gb class 4 card and have had zero problems.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

anthony0721

May 28, 2012
Class 2 / 4 /10

I have a Sandisk 4gb class 4, Samsun 16gb class 2, Patriot 32gb class 10 and Lexar 32gb class 10.

on the class 2 and 4, I can really notice any difference, but class 10 is really faster, I use both 32gb class 10s to run movies for my kids on my tablet.

luis.torres

May 10, 2011
32Gb Kingston c4 like the original and haven't any issue

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

dashcsn

Feb 6, 2011
Japan
First I've got a MarkVision SDHC 16gb, but i dunno why, it stopped working six months after using, now I'm using a Kingston SDHC 16GB and it's doing a good job...Hope it endure more time than the that markvision crap :good:

TNPaparazzi

Feb 21, 2009
Norwich, CT
I'm using a 32gb Sandisk class 4 card.. Be careful about these on eBay, there are alot of knockoffs that are on there and sometimes they are hard to tell which cards are real Sandisks and which aren't.. I got mine off of Amazon.com from a guy called EverythingButStromboli.. He's pretty cheap and I've been buying cards from him for years and have yet to have a problem.. There are also fakes on Amazon also so make sure you check the user feedbacks.. I've also bought numerous Sandisk 8gb and 16gb Class 10 cards from him for my Pentax and I love them.. Thinking about making a jump to the SDXC cards, I just got a firmware update :D:good:

PickledJaW

Dec 13, 2011
Springfield
I'm using a 16 gig Kingston class 10 card. I bought it off eBay about 7 or 8 months ago. I don't remember how much I paid for it. It works great, no problems with anything. I do kind of wish I had gotten the 32 gig though.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Top Liked Posts