[ROM] Optimized Eng ROM for Samsung Folder 2 SM-G1600 ( Stock )

Search This thread

bidhata

Presenting you 1st ever Stock based ENGLISH ROM for Samsung Folder 2 ( SM-G1600 )

NOW - Much more stable and more improved. With FAST root option. No SELINUX or KNOW errors at all. A Daily driver...

Features:
  • Mostly in ENGLISH
  • Debloated
  • More Space in Internal storage
  • Knox Removed and tweaked
  • Zipaligned
  • Build.prop tweaked
  • Init.d support
  • su.d included
  • GovTuner and few other optimization pre-installed
  • Pixel Style Launcher
  • Volume Boosted
  • DNS tweaked
  • Support Sony Apps
  • Dolby Atmos and Viper4Android Preinstalled
  • Kernel protection removed
  • Selinux Tweaked to permit "things"
  • Ads Protected (Almost)
  • And more ......

You can flash it using TWRP. Copy the ROM to ur sdcard / internal storge. Boot to recovery. Goto TWRP recovery menu - choose Install option, select the ROM zip, and install. Very straight forward. Don't forgot to Safe Format your Data partition. Better from TWRP menu do a full wipe using "Advance Wipe" option for all partitions ( Remember, all your personal data will be removed from internal storage as well ).

After installing, you can flash OpenGapps ARM 6.0.1 PICO or NANO package for further app support. Xposed framwork ( wanam ) is good addition if you know what you are doing. 1st reboot will take some time. This is the 1st custom ROM for SM-1600 ever.

It is quite stable and good battery life as well. For better battery, install Govtuner, open terminal app and type following.
Code:
su
govtuner
And select "Balanced" or "Battery" option. For further optimization, you can use pre-installed L-speed app.

You can download from following link. Feel free to create mirror.
Version and Download:
Code:
[URL="https://mega.nz/#!mYwnAB5T!-80LKLNMm6XPq8bkGTDQ2JIt2sEAMrwDP-yMKuJA_hI"]Beta2[/URL]

Hope you like it. Please don't forgot to press thanks if it helps.

*Disclaimer: I am not responsible for Any Brick.

Last edited:

lucky58

Jul 6, 2006
Leuven
Google Pixel 2
First of all, thanks for your rom and topics about the sm_G1600 !

Can you tell us which base rom you used for this optimized rom you made ? I'm using now ZCU1AQB1, rooted & with google market installed and prefer not to downgrade.

bidhata

First of all, thanks for your rom and topics about the sm_G1600 !

Can you tell us which base rom you used for this optimized rom you made ? I'm using now ZCU1AQB1, rooted & with google market installed and prefer not to downgrade.

I used ZCU1AQB1 only. As personally using the same stock based firmware. Still now stable and rocking :) I am ameture developer though - need more people to look into this device - it is having good potential ! Presently working on completely disabling selinux or atleast permissive mode. May be next version :)

kettir

Mar 31, 2011
Central Ohio
Thanks! I got it downloaded. However after I installed it, WiFi refuses to stay on. I toggle it on and it just toggles back off right away by itself. When I reflash stock software, I can use Wifi, however.

bidhata

Thanks! I got it downloaded. However after I installed it, WiFi refuses to stay on. I toggle it on and it just toggles back off right away by itself. When I reflash stock software, I can use Wifi, however.

Did you wiped your data partition before installing the ROM ? If possible, backup your internal storage, go to wipe, select wipe data, and type yes. Then using adb sideload - try to install the ROM

kettir

Mar 31, 2011
Central Ohio
1. started with firmware g1600zcu1aph8-20160909140813_chc . This was a clean install through Odin.

Software settings at this point:
android version 6.0.1
baseband g1600zcu1aph8
kernel 3.18.24-8981871
build number mmb29m.g1600zcu1aph8
se for android status enforcing
knox version 2.6
android security patch level august 1, 2016

2. I then went into download mode, and using Odin, flashed the TWRP found on this page: https://www.aryablog.info/2017/06/rooting-and-installing-google-app-on-galaxy-folder-2-sm-g1600/ . This starts out in Russian and you have to switch to English every time.

Before flashing TWRP, download mode reported:
Product name SM-g1600
current binary: samsung official
system status: official
reactivation lock: off
crom service: unlock
knox warranty void: 0x1 (0x20c)
qualcom secureboot enable (csb)
ap swrev: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
secure download: enable
download mode!!

3. Reboot, wifi is still working

4. Boot into recovery (TWRP)

5. At this point the phone is not rooted. I now did an advanced wipe, including dalvik/art cache, data, internal storage, and cache

6. Now I flashed your ROM Sillycon_beta_1_sm _g1600.zip via TWRP

I select safe format

I get a lot of "failed to mount data" errors here before the flash starts

No errors appear during the flashing process

script says everything went fine

7. I reboot

During reboot at the top it says: set warranty bit: kernel

There's a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and next to it some Chinese text that google translate says is a warning that the phone has a non-samsung official system.

8. green screen with cogs while "android is upgrading" and optimizing apps

9. System boots to main screen. I attempt to toggle Wlan on, but after half a second it just toggles back off.

10. At this point, I put in my SIM card to see if that affects anything. Wlan still won't stay toggled on. I am able to make a phone call without any problems. I wasn't able to login to Google, getting the error that I don't have a network connection.

I go into mobile networks. I check Preferred Networks which is blank. Network mode is LTE/3g/2g auto connect. access point names has nothing selected, I set for ATT Nextgenphone. Under network operators I select Select Automatically and get "registered on network" popup.

Still can't sign in.

I then tried all the other options under Access point names, with the same result.

It should be mentioned that I have an AT&T microcell, so picking up data signal should not be a problem inside the house.

This is not my "daily driver" phone, so I'm not in a jam here. I can only guess it's possibly something to do with the radio (modem?) file, or something to do with using this phone on AT&T in the US.

kettir

Mar 31, 2011
Central Ohio
Can you provide links to the TWRP version you are using? There are different TWRPs for different phones, and the twrp app doesn't list this phone.

bidhata

TWRP

Attached with this reply. Though I personally changed the default language to english. But, still under modification. I will share soon. Also suggesting you to try Beta2. Flash it, then install following

1) OpenGapp Pico ( for arm )
2) Wanam Xposed https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862685344
3) Any Viper4android for Marshmallow.

New one is much faster and daily driver. No knox popup, so su issue ( sepolicy injected ). Please don't forgot to press thanks if it helps. :good:

Attachments

• 2_TWRP_3.1.0-0.tar
    15.9 MB · Views: 1,344
Reactions: tndb

bidhata

My ROM based on Chinese Firmware only. Please find kernel https://mega.nz/#!zMIlkABB!PaVLQynV9R4MnyBxgB8d05ymq7pf1HD-AAE-xdj4TsQ

Can you please share Korean Firmware Download URL ? May come-up with a ROM with that.

Do you have the stock kernel from the Chinese version firmware?
I was able to get google assistant working using the Korean version firmware, but it doesn't allow for exposed because the kernel has the security patches up to May 2017

Last edited:

Matvei27

Jun 28, 2017
I don't see a link for just the kernel. I can upload the Korean firmware to google drive.

Matvei27

Jun 28, 2017
Wait a few minutes, I will have the Korean G160N firmware on Google Drive.
Not sure if dual sim will work, flash at your own risk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting you 1st ever Stock based ENGLISH ROM for Samsung Folder 2 ( SM-G1600 )

NOW - Much more stable and more improved. With FAST root option. No SELINUX or KNOW errors at all. A Daily driver...

Features:
    • Mostly in ENGLISH
    • Debloated
    • More Space in Internal storage
    • Knox Removed and tweaked
    • Zipaligned
    • Build.prop tweaked
    • Init.d support
    • su.d included
    • GovTuner and few other optimization pre-installed
    • Pixel Style Launcher
    • Volume Boosted
    • DNS tweaked
    • Support Sony Apps
    • Dolby Atmos and Viper4Android Preinstalled
    • Kernel protection removed
    • Selinux Tweaked to permit "things"
    • Ads Protected (Almost)
    • And more ......

You can flash it using TWRP. Copy the ROM to ur sdcard / internal storge. Boot to recovery. Goto TWRP recovery menu - choose Install option, select the ROM zip, and install. Very straight forward. Don't forgot to Safe Format your Data partition. Better from TWRP menu do a full wipe using "Advance Wipe" option for all partitions ( Remember, all your personal data will be removed from internal storage as well ).

After installing, you can flash OpenGapps ARM 6.0.1 PICO or NANO package for further app support. Xposed framwork ( wanam ) is good addition if you know what you are doing. 1st reboot will take some time. This is the 1st custom ROM for SM-1600 ever.

It is quite stable and good battery life as well. For better battery, install Govtuner, open terminal app and type following.
    Code:
    su
    govtuner
    And select "Balanced" or "Battery" option. For further optimization, you can use pre-installed L-speed app.

You can download from following link. Feel free to create mirror.
    Version and Download:
    Code:
    [URL="https://mega.nz/#!mYwnAB5T!-80LKLNMm6XPq8bkGTDQ2JIt2sEAMrwDP-yMKuJA_hI"]Beta2[/URL]

Hope you like it. Please don't forgot to press thanks if it helps.

*Disclaimer: I am not responsible for Any Brick.
    I found these files used here. They were dead links so I reposted their download links.
    Hope this saves others time.

The rom that worked for me
    MANHIT.G1600ZCU1APH8_28.09.2016.zip

The rom files mentioned above
    SillyROM-SM-G1600-Beta2.zip
    Samsung_G1600_Volume_Boost_v2.zip

Stock Rom for SM-G1600
    G1600ZCU1APH8-20160909140813_CHC.zip

TWRP and Gapps for Sm-G1600
    TWRP_3.1.0-0.tar
    xposed-v87.1-sdk23-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-2016112
    open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20170815.zip

I didn't use the CROM service files but could be useful.

CROM_Service2.apk
    CROM_Service1.apk
    TWRP

Attached with this reply. Though I personally changed the default language to english. But, still under modification. I will share soon. Also suggesting you to try Beta2. Flash it, then install following

1) OpenGapp Pico ( for arm )
    2) Wanam Xposed https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862685344
    3) Any Viper4android for Marshmallow.

New one is much faster and daily driver. No knox popup, so su issue ( sepolicy injected ). Please don't forgot to press thanks if it helps. :good: