Apps that work on Nook Touch

Search This thread

jncrft

Feb 24, 2012
Free42 works

Free42 is version of the HP42s scientific calculator. It has hundreds of built-in functions, is programmable, and allows printouts to text and graphic files (gif). It's rpn, which takes getting used to, but it works great on the N2E. The only downside is that the face of the app is slightly distorted due to stretching to fit the 800x600 resolution of the Nook.

Jon

Soea

Feb 28, 2012
Krakow
The best app so far for me is FreeNote. It enables to handwrite notes on nook in such an excelent way its mindblowing for me xD
Everyone I show it to is like :O
It has a cool widget and with a little adjustment it look and works just great. I've attached some screenshots. Check it out.

Mantano Reader - for books. It reads pdf,epubs,mobi and couple more. Prety good and fast with pdfs.

Advance task killer- with widget you can close all open aps with one click. There's a possibility to add ignore list.

Cool reader- for txt and word. Very fast.

Pocket manga- it can downlosd manga from most popular sites and then they can be read by Perfect Viewer.

Perfect Viever- excelent for jpgs. Reading mangas on it is a pleasure.

Opera mini-best browser so far. Fast.

Hacker keyboard-cool keyboard with autocorrection and dictionary. There's a version on nook, google it.

Es file explorer- file manager.

XDA- I've just noticed that this app deletes first image I upload by it as an atachment. Shame on You developers ;P

Screenshot (by kastor soft) - im using it or screenshots, the con is they are in color, not B&W xD jk thats not a con ;)

Sent from my NOOK STR using XDA

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 705
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330738914883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330738914883.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 598
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330738938366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330738938366.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 627
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330738959079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330738959079.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 499
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330738974558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330738974558.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 458
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330738994750.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330738994750.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 548
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330739064290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330739064290.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Reactions: hshsh and max hd

Areinu

Oct 12, 2008
Did anyone try to use comic reader mobi on rooter Nook? I know most people suggest Perfect Viewer, but I find 6'' 800x600 screen to be just a little bit too small for comfortable reading, and on Comic reader mobi I could read comfortably even on HTC Kaiser.

@Soea: that notes app looks simply amazing.

Vrekk

Jan 8, 2010
Centennial
Pocket manga- it can downlosd manga from most popular sites and then they can be read by Perfect Viewer.

Can you link to this? I can't find it in the Android market nor the Amazon one.

EDIT: And does anybody know of a good reader with a page sync option? I read on my phone ever I don't have my nook on me and its a pain remembering what page I'm always on.

Vrekk

Jan 8, 2010
Centennial
Graphicly "works" on the NST. You can't sign in using a google account but you can sign in using an email and password (If you created an account using google/facebook, sign in on the web and create a password) The comics themselves are slightly off center though, and it can be really annoying. In the end your probably better off finding a cbr of the comic you want and using Perfect Viewer, but if you (like me) have a large collection of comics on Graphicly (from the Nook color days) this will work pretty well.

quiritius

Mar 19, 2012
I didn't see anyone mention these apps:

Script Manager & SMWidgets.

IMO it is a must. I found at least one useful script which cleans the cr3 .cache folder.

Also autostarts app helps to stop stuff loading which I don't want to load.

Mar 19, 2012
Twisty Nook version

Twisty, an IF (interactive fiction) interpreter in the market works, but the text is much too small to be very usable. The upcoming Twisty 2 (Alpha available at the google code page for the project) gives you the ability to scale up the font, though, and we'll hopefully have a stable release of that soon that will make games like Zork, Hitchhiker's Guide, and etc. playable on the Nook Touch!
I grabbed the source, and modified for this very reason. Its rather hacked, but it works. I modified the layout and recompiled. The main text is a normal size, but the header text wouldn't increase much. I also modified the open dialog. I couldn't get the text to show up properly, so I inserted a "spinner" that lists the same order.

Now I just need to get the buttons to page up/down, and attach a usb keyboard.

Attachments

• Twisty.apk
    928.9 KB · Views: 52
  • screenshot_2012-03-21_21-40-28.jpg
    screenshot_2012-03-21_21-40-28.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 451
  • screenshot_2012-03-21_22-06-09.jpg
    screenshot_2012-03-21_22-06-09.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 412

mrWax

Jan 31, 2012
FX Explorer is great - supports Dropbox, SFTP, SSH-FTP ..., EBOOKDroid has cropping and works with both PDF, DJVU and lot more

danmanx

Apr 3, 2012
xbmc

XBMC Remote works great on the Nook Touch!

For those who don't know what XBMC is about. Please google it! Open source, plays everything, complete customization of your media libraries.

For those of you who use XBMC on your computers/media boxes this is an absolute godsend b/c the remote can stay active for up to 60 mins max due to the screensaver timeout. I'm sure there's an app to turn that off as well. Turning the Nook Touch into a remote is much more power efficient than your cellphone.

I have been using this for about a week now and the only problem I had with it was inputting letters and numbers in the initial setup. The text was white in it. Ha! But, I remembered what and where to type..........

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
Now I just need to get the buttons to page up/down, and attach a usb keyboard.

Even though keycodes above 91 are theoretically not supported in API level 7 (rev 2.1),
it appears that some of the View types support them correctly.
For instance, a 92 sent to a ListView will cause page up, 93, page down.

usb7

Aug 7, 2010
I find that read it later doesn't work very well.
(It scrolls up when I try to scroll down)
Anyone else experiencing this?

Also has anyone been able to install Adobe's PDF Reader?

Finally, is there a way to increase the nook's display contrast so that the blacks are blacker?

fiftyclick

Sep 23, 2007
Toronto
AirDroid works very well! Can handle all device settings, file management, settings, etc... from a desktop web browser.

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev

Rafsen

Jun 16, 2012
Hello!
Does anyone tried Tapatalk? I can't search my forums. I can only choose forums from the catalog. Is it normal?

Last edited:

Rafsen

Jun 16, 2012
Another great keyboard is A.I.type Keyboard. Use default theme and disable pop-ups over keys. Looks very nice on eInk and has a lof of nice features.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, After rooting my Nook Touch I've been trying to find apps that work. It made sense to me if there was a sticky making it easier to play with our new toys so hopefully a mod will stickie this.

I haven't tried any of these yet but Aruangra said they work with Nook Touch:

Opera Mini (There are zoom buttons !. But it cannot access the local host (192.168.x.x))
    Opera Mobile (It can access the local host)
    Dictionary.com
    NewsRob
    Kindle
    Documents to Go
    Dropbox
    InstaFetch
    Aldiko
    ASTRO file manager
    SpeedTest.net
    PG Calculator
    BuzzBox RSS
    Evernote
    Moon+ Reader (The physical buttons can also change pages !!! and every page is refreshed. No more ghosting issue)
    ADW Launcher (Maybe the only launcher that can change background color of Drawer)
    Advanced Task Killer (a Must have)
    Button Savior (a Must have)
    NookColor Tools (a Must have)
    Superuser (a Must have)

Rev01 says these work:

working (on restore)

Titanium Backup
    Read it later (Pro)
    ElectroDroid
    RootExplorer
    Terminal Emulator
    Wifi Analyzer
    Permissions Denied
    Samba Filesharing
    ShoppingList Plus
    Wuala
    Autostarts
    XDA (Premium) (some threads are empty)

Tebra says these games work:
    Crimson Fields
    Andoku
    Four in a Row HD

apeine:
    Tried some, but most of them has some level of ghosting:
    Working so far:
    - Klondike
    - Reversi free
    - Nemo picross
    - GObandroid (to play Go! - very good)
    - Super Sudoku
    - Klondike free
    - Dark nova (used to love Space Trader on my old Treo)
    - Repligo and ezPDF. Both allows annotation and bookmarking. Give it a try!
    i install root explorer in my nook touch but when i wanted to install .apk files in sdcard blocked installations;

install blocked
    for security,your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in android market.
    please help me.
    :confused::eek:

Assuming you used TouchNooter here is what you need to do go to your app drawer and click on NookColor Tools. Unclick "Allow Non-Market Apps" and then reclick it. Your problem should be solved.
    Sync with Google calendar

One of the major reasons for getting my Nook Touch was to be able to sync with google calendar. I was very upset when I learned the ability to sync the calendar was random :mad: until now...

synker allows you to manually sync your calendar and mail.
    I also have found that Jorte is a much nicer calendar/planner than stock. :D Both of these apps are free and available on Android market.
    More apps that work on Nook

I found these work on my Nook and they are all free and available through the android market:
    note:

GAMES:

Choice of Broadsides
    Choice of the Dragon
    Four in a line free
    Checkers free
    Four in a row
    Fruits memory kids game
    Chess
    Checkers Pro
    Kids Match'em
    Memory Game for Kids
    Pirates and Traders
    Spider
    Tic Tac Toe
    What Happened Last Night
    Dots and Boxs

APPS:
    Astro file manager
    Bristen Calculator
    Color Dict
    ES File Explorer (allows access to root directories)
    Go Keyboard
    Jorte (daily planner)
    Medscape (alternative for Epocrates)
    My-Cast Weather ( I'm able to see weather alerts)
    OL Notepad
    Olive Office Premium
    Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    PG Calculator
    Synker
    WikiDroid
    and of course the XDA app
    Four in a Row HD with enhanced grayscale screens support in the Market now, make sure you're installing version 3.3 at least.

Recommended preferences for the Nook Touch in options menu:
    - Choose the "Naughts and crosses" skin.
    - Disable animations.
    - Check "solid black background" box in case the new gray stripes looks bad.

Other skins might look better now also, specially the default metal skin which has textured face. Moreover, the striped default background helps differentiating holes and chips.

If you've found this update useful, please rate and comment in the Market and/or the official thread at XDA, thanks so much! :)