[Q] How do I overclock my phone?

Search This thread
Nov 20, 2013
Hello people! I just succeded with rooting my LG Optimus 4X HD :victory: And the reason I did that was to increase the performance on my phone, but I couldn't find any good apps for that. I want suggestions about apps that can overclock EVERY CORE and not just a single one, please respond as soon as possible ;)

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hello people! I just succeded with rooting my LG Optimus 4X HD :victory: And the reason I did that was to increase the performance on my phone, but I couldn't find any good apps for that. I want suggestions about apps that can overclock EVERY CORE and not just a single one, please respond as soon as possible ;)

have u done any overclocking in your whole life ? ...
you cant overclock from settings only one core. to overclock only one core u have to do a surgery to the cpu chip........
u cant overlock if the kernel does not support it. stock rom limit is 1500

Reactions: Flying_Bear
Nov 20, 2013
you cant overclock from settings only one core. to overclock only one core u have to do a surgery to the cpu chip........

Dude I just rooted my phone like 2 days ago so don't excpect me to be a pro at these stuff xD (I am a noob) But you didn't really answer my question tho :s

black@pirate

Aug 13, 2013
First,You need to install a kernel that supports overclocking, and after that you can use app like trickstermod or tegra overclock. But i would strongly suggest you to read more about rom,kernel,recovery etc. before asking such questions.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Dude I just rooted my phone like 2 days ago so don't excpect me to be a pro at these stuff xD (I am a noob) But you didn't really answer my question tho :s

the phone doesnt have to do anything with the procedure :p u can overclock anything. from just a coffee machine to a kitchen , from a pc to a phone !! if a cpu has more than one core, u cant just overclock only one of them. I answered :D i told u the limit of the stock rom and kernel is 1500. u cant overclock. u must have a custom kernel that can support overclocking.
that means u need to unlock bootloader and flash at least a custom kernel if not a whole rom.

<<EDIT>> and just for the knowledge ! take for example samsung s3. it has a lower cpu frequency but the phone is little faster than our optimus. overclocking isnt only about rising the frequency. u can also overclock by slightly giving more voltage and faster correspondence. u have to read a lot to understand how it works. for example a mistake can make u have a slow 1700 cpu but a fast 1200 cpu. read read read read :D

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2013
the phone doesnt have to do anything with the procedure :p u can overclock anything. from just a coffee machine to a kitchen , from a pc to a phone !! if a cpu has more than one core, u cant just overclock only one of them. I answered :D i told u the limit of the stock rom and kernel is 1500. u cant overclock. u must have a custom kernel that can support overclocking.
that means u need to unlock bootloader and flash at least a custom kernel if not a whole rom.

<<EDIT>> and just for the knowledge ! take for example samsung s3. it has a lower cpu frequency but the phone is little faster than our optimus. overclocking isnt only about rising the frequency. u can also overclock by slightly giving more voltage and faster correspondence. u have to read a lot to understand how it works. for example a mistake can make u have a slow 1700 cpu but a fast 1200 cpu. read read read read :D

I get it now, but I think I asked the question in a wrong way so let me tell you again how I was ACTUALLY thinking. What I want is to enable EVERY single core and make them have 1.5 GHz speed. How can I do that?

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
I get it now, but I think I asked the question in a wrong way so let me tell you again how I was ACTUALLY thinking. What I want is to enable EVERY single core and make them have 1.5 GHz speed. How can I do that?

set governor to performance, set cpuquiet to userspace. you need trickstermod app & custom kernel in order to tune this.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
What have you been doing to actually have a point that you have thought a quad core 1.5ghz phone needs overclocking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SimonTS

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro

your cores are already at 1500. to set a perfomance governor to make them run permanently at 1500 will cause u a huge battery drain and cpu overheat. when u will go play a game the heat will enable automatically the cpu to rest so u will have actually around 1000 mhz speed. the cpu HAS to rest. the phones dont have many big fans inside to cool the board and the cpu. thats why people prefer ondemand governor usually. the cpu rests until the 1st core go to 90% usage or more and then the other cores are enabled too. when the cpu usage go below 90% one core is working again and when there isnt any need for cpu usage , the core goes down to 102 mhz.

Reactions: AbdulTheInsane

eng.hussam

Nov 13, 2013
overclocking

before you get your phone overclocked you should but in consideration that you may break your phone..over heating .... battery consumption.. don't look for performance alone >> you cant get performance with out battery drain or over heating >> just thing before you do that ;)

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
You should look at how often cores 3&4 are even active. It's very rarely on my Nexus

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
ah c'mon he cant destroy the phone even if he wanted to. its not like he has the knowledge to decompile the kernel , change the proccessor limit to over 1700 and recompile it. so his limit is 1700 of iodak and werewolf and mokee. the thing is to understand how overclock works. he will figure it out eventually.

black@pirate

Aug 13, 2013
ah c'mon he cant destroy the phone even if he wanted to. its not like he has the knowledge to decompile the kernel , change the proccessor limit to over 1700 and recompile it. so his limit is 1700 of iodak and werewolf and mokee. the thing is to understand how overclock works. he will figure it out eventually.

LOL... How can we decomplie the kernel and recompile that? :p:p:p

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

momo95

Mar 10, 2011
Yeah, I think the max over clock for p880 only reach 1700. Or am I wrong?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Yeah, I think the max over clock for p880 only reach 1700. Or am I wrong?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

for the developers that know what to do , max for our phone is 1700. originally the safe overclocking at any cpu since many many years , is around 20%. after that it needs cooler. the better the cooler the more u can overclock.

Ice_Ltd

Sep 26, 2013
Hi, trickster show me that my phone don't use the 1700 MHz. Y?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389232227742.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389232227742.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 75

Ottonet

Sep 13, 2012
Milan
Probably it is not overclocked.
The stock higher operating frequency of p880 is 1500 MHz, and that is what your trickster diagram is showing.
So. Either your phone is notoverclocked, or in whatever kernel you are using maximum frequency is set to 1500 MHz.

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 usando XDA Premium HD app

Ice_Ltd

Sep 26, 2013
Ehm, i have iodak v08 cm10.1.3 and cwm6.0.4.4

I'll check how to overclock the CPU.
May some one also look for a how-to if i don't find anything for overclocking my CPU

Thanks and kind regards

Edit;;;
I've found it. Can some one explain to me how to fit this things?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And watch your battery drain in under an hour.

What have you been doing to actually have a point that you have thought a quad core 1.5ghz phone needs overclocking?

your cores are already at 1500. to set a perfomance governor to make them run permanently at 1500 will cause u a huge battery drain and cpu overheat. when u will go play a game the heat will enable automatically the cpu to rest so u will have actually around 1000 mhz speed. the cpu HAS to rest. the phones dont have many big fans inside to cool the board and the cpu. thats why people prefer ondemand governor usually. the cpu rests until the 1st core go to 90% usage or more and then the other cores are enabled too. when the cpu usage go below 90% one core is working again and when there isnt any need for cpu usage , the core goes down to 102 mhz.