4.0.3 camera .apk

Search This thread

samsungi5500

Oct 22, 2010
Hi all, I did something stupid. I wanted to modify camera .apk to delete focus sound but I did not backup original .apk and now I dont have camera on my phone. It wont let me install modified .apk and I dont have original one-stupid I know. If someone could give me the original camera .apk from 4.0.3 original rom I would appreciate it,thank you.

REVERSiN

Mar 4, 2012
Whats the problem extract it from ROM?
Badly I have the 4.0.4 cam from RocketROM still you can get the file in here if iam not mistaken someone made a mod for camera and its in this thread search it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: samsungi5500

samsungi5500

Oct 22, 2010
I dont have rom to extract from, I will download one from samfirmware and extract it from there, I just thought that someone here has it already extracted so it would spare me some time. I did search forum but didnt find camera .apk from 3.0.4, will try with .apk from 4.0.4,thank you.

Last edited:

samsungi5500

Oct 22, 2010
So I still have same problem. I downloaded rom from samfirmware but I dont know how to extract .apk from it. I tryed to open rom file with win zip and 7 zip but no luck. With 7zip I can unpack it to the stage where I get chache, hidden and factoryfs .img files. I belive .apk files are inside factoryfs.img but I cant open it with any program. If someone knows the solution for this please help, thank you.

REVERSiN

Mar 4, 2012
So I still have same problem. I downloaded rom from samfirmware but I dont know how to extract .apk from it. I tryed to open rom file with win zip and 7 zip but no luck. With 7zip I can unpack it to the stage where I get chache, hidden and factoryfs .img files. I belive .apk files are inside factoryfs.img but I cant open it with any program. If someone knows the solution for this please help, thank you.

Still it wouldn't help you can mount the files and extract what you need but its gonna be odexed and you will have to deodex it again manually better look for a rom based on 4.0.3

Edit:

I uploaded Camera from 4.0.4 to my dropbox hope this works just in case.... never tried to...

http://db.tt/PidqKaUz

Last edited:

samsungi5500

Oct 22, 2010
Still it wouldn't help you can mount the files and extract what you need but its gonna be odexed and you will have to deodex it again manually better look for a rom based on 4.0.3

Ok there is some part that I dont understand. I have odex file still in system/app the only think missing is camera.apk, odex is still there. Now I was able to install apex launcher as system application so I dont understand why I could not do same with camera. And if I flash rom again with odin will it wipe my data and will I lost root - I have same rom file as one instaled on my phone - official 4.0.3 with stock kernell - is it save, thank you.

REVERSiN

Mar 4, 2012
Ok there is some part that I dont understand. I have odex file still in system/app the only think missing is camera.apk, odex is still there. Now I was able to install apex launcher as system application so I dont understand why I could not do same with camera. And if I flash rom again with odin will it wipe my data and will I lost root - I have same rom file as one instaled on my phone - official 4.0.3 with stock kernell - is it save, thank you.

So you are on stock odexed? I see in that case excuse me for causing confusions it can be done your way so no worries....

samsungi5500

Oct 22, 2010
So you are on stock odexed? I see in that case excuse me for causing confusions it can be done your way so no worries....

Yes I am stock odexed, but I dont know how to open that .IMG file to extract .apk. If someone can point me in the right direction...

EDIT: Will try .apk that you uploaded, thank you for that

Last edited:

REVERSiN

Mar 4, 2012

samsungi5500

Oct 22, 2010
Damn 20 minutes to dig this thread lol..... here you go mate read this on unpacking deodex and stuff....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132724

Yessss, it is working with your .apk file, thank you werry much! Also thank you for taking time and finding that thread for me, it is useful reading and can come handy in cases like this - will read it. Have a nice day and thank you again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats the problem extract it from ROM?
    Badly I have the 4.0.4 cam from RocketROM still you can get the file in here if iam not mistaken someone made a mod for camera and its in this thread search it.

Yes I am stock odexed, but I dont know how to open that .IMG file to extract .apk. If someone can point me in the right direction...

EDIT: Will try .apk that you uploaded, thank you for that

Damn 20 minutes to dig this thread lol..... here you go mate read this on unpacking deodex and stuff....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132724