CM6 old thread. CM6 is now managed by Owain94, go to his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

peterhugelberg

Nov 9, 2010
just got a quick question in your rom is an app called quadrant advanced

now i want to run a benchmark with the regular 2.1 version but i dont find the advanced version on the market.

so it would be nice if you could tell me where i can get it ;)

edit: i just found something but there it says that i need to buy it, so if its not free then you should not be allowed to integrate it in the rom right?

or is it like setcpu somewhere here on xda for free?

Last edited:

bl@ckadder

Aug 22, 2010
Pune
tried CM 2.7.1

very nice!

but i'm still waiting for the version that makes the camera works

i'll give u 100 ratings stars for it

lol ^_^

I've noticed that restoring a backup image barely takes any time, a few minutes at the most.

I suggest making a backup image of your OS, both 2.1 and 2.2 and switch between them when you need to.

If you need to be taking photos, switch to SE 2.1, then switch back later. Your pics will still be there.

All you need to do is regularly backup your user data to migrate them (Messages, Call log, contacts etc)

It's not ideal, but it's workable...

---------------------------

A question to devs:

Is user data for 2.2 backwards compatible with 2.1? Of course, I mean if you're using the same apps.

I followed Owain's install instruction for CM 2.7 (only restored 'system'). I don't suppose this would work between 2.1 and 2.2? Sorry if this is a stupid question (I don't think it would work) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

owain94

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
I've noticed that restoring a backup image barely takes any time, a few minutes at the most.

I suggest making a backup image of your OS, both 2.1 and 2.2 and switch between them when you need to.

If you need to be taking photos, switch to SE 2.1, then switch back later. Your pics will still be there.

All you need to do is regularly backup your user data to migrate them (Messages, Call log, contacts etc)

A question to devs:

Is user data for 2.2 backwards compatible with 2.1? Of course, I mean if you're using the same apps.

I followed Owain's install instruction for CM 2.7 (only restored 'system'). I don't suppose this would work between 2.1 and 2.2? Sorry if this is a stupid question (I don't think it would work) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

you will end in a boot loop...
but if you go to xrecovery -> advanced options -> wipe dalvik
it should work from 2.1 and to 2.1

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem

A question to devs:

only thing that needs to be removed from dalvik cache, it's somewhere in the advanced menu of xrec, hope that helps ;)

ntonzrockz

Jan 2, 2011
Jakarta

yeah it's not ideal to do that

but maybe i can try it, in case that i really need that camera to take some pictures

thanks for the idea ^_^

kvNN_

Mar 19, 2010
Herne
Nice ROM so far..
Sometimes i still get Errors like androidcore had to be closed.

Also i installed the gingerbread theme.
Its really really nice, but when i get a new message,
the messagetext and the time in Statusbar is Grey.
How to change it to white? (couldnt do it with CM Settings, nothing changed.)

Kevin

Last edited:

--__LoRiS__--

Oct 19, 2010
Ragusa
If it works we will use the froyo cam app, but we're far from getting it to work and it doesn't really have the highest priority to us. Camera is always a hard thing to port, take a look at any device and you'll notice the early versions of a romi don't have working camera. Maybe with exception the n1 but I remember the hero and desire had this as well for sure. The components we're using right now can just be copied from the 2.1 rom, you just need to know which drivers. The camera has to be compiled (made by ourselves) so yes, it will take a long time ;)

I think that the way is to port the sony app, for the drivers and compiling you tried to contact the AOSP of big X10 developers ???

Other questions: - I can't install apps, is normal or is a problem of mine?
- How i mod the theme? I want to adapt my black eclair theme ,where is the standard framework-res file or the cyanogen folder with themes?

Thanks for your work ,the rom is very very cool.

Last edited:

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
I think that the way is to port the sony app, for the drivers and compiling you tried to contact the AOSP of big X10 developers ???

Other questions: - I can't install apps, is normal or is a problem of mine?
- How i mod the theme? I want to adapt my black eclair theme ,where is the standard framework-res file or the cyanogen folder with themes?

Thanks for your work ,the rom is very very cool.

and we know that porting sony app isn't the right way

mod the theme?
decompli framwork res and edit all the files make xml theme file and uplaod to your phone :confused:

bingobadgo

May 19, 2009
Am I being really stupid or has the download link vanished?

@--__LoRis__-- I am having the same problem, havent been brave enough to try any of the market fixes mentioned so far, I dont have ADB on this comp and download speed sucks here.

bl@ckadder

Aug 22, 2010
Pune
@ Mike & Owain: How far are you guys from getting the headphones working? Is the difficulty as bad as that of the cam?

One strange thing I've noticed about the new 2.7/2.7.x update - every time I unlock the phone, it's like it's waking from sleep - the wifi and network signal icons both appear white and then turn green after a few seconds.

This happens more often after the phone is idle for a while, but sometimes also occurs when quickly locking and unlocking the phone.

Last, what do th options in the reboot menu do? I thought 'Recovery' might automatically open XRec on reboot, but this wasn't the case?

Cheers,
bl@ckadder

sur1k

Jul 6, 2010
Yoshkar-Ola
Guys, thanks for your work.
I've got a couple of questions:
1) Am I able to get back the original hardware keyboard layout? Tried to do the trick with editing keyprint.xml but didn't find the file. The problem is that 'Russian' phones have different layout and the English one is really unconvinient.
2) Is there a way to install original SE input method? That's actually the best for typing in Russian from hard keyboard. I have apk but can't install it. Phone says that it was not installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts