[GUIDE] [EMUI 9.1] Magisk Root P30 Pro * BL Code Received * UPDATE FIRMWARE Join Here

Search This thread

goldybewon

Jun 11, 2016
SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED...:p
Just received my BL code and I'm so excited to root my P30 Pro. I will share my experience about rooting here.
Complete Guide with required tools for BL Unlocking & Rooting with Magisk. Thanks to @Athanatos81
I don't want to write whole thread here that's why just share direct thread link.
====================================================================================================
ROOTING GUIDE & TOOLS CLICK HERE
====================================================================================================
ROOT WITH BELOW MENTIONED STEPS:
i. BL Unlock code needed for BL Unlocking.
ii. Patch your RAMDIS with magisk 7.2.0 manager.
iii. Flash patched img with fastboot commands mentioned below.

adb devices
adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched.img
fastboot reboot

iv. Remove USB cable press volume + button until it boot.
That's it...Safety Net Passed
FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH EMUI FLASHER TOOL:
Successfully updated firmware with " EMUI Flasher 1.1 " tool.
EMUI FLASHER TOOL 1.1 LINK Click Here
SIDE EFFECTS OF ROOTING...!

+ Stock Phone app is not opening, force close.
+ Stock Google Message not receive or send any message, force close.
solution:)~) Backup your sms and contact first.

This solved messages issue :

adb shell
su
rm /data/user/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/*
rm /data/user/0/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/*

Go back to phone and wipe data of Phone and Messages
Go back to command prompt and:
reboot recovery

- Root explorer not mount system as R/W even granted root permission, so we can't copy, past or delete files in system partition - No solution till now, Due to EROFS (Extendable Read Only File System) working on it.
==================================================================================================
I have received my BL code from this guy +375257585263 You can contact him on whatsapp.
Anybody who got BL code are welcome:highfive:

Thanks to
@topjohnwu - magisk developer
@gmanrainy (Team MT) - Huawei Firmware Finder
@worstenbrood - Huawei Update Extractor
@OldDroid - EMUI Flasher 1.1 tool developer
@ante0 - Fix Messages and Dialer in 9.1 [Root required]

Thanks,
goldybewon
Huawei P30 Pro 8/256

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190613_125710_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_20190613_125710_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 17,300
Last edited:

borgqueenx

Jun 25, 2008
Just received my BL code and I'm so excited to root my P30 Pro. Now a days I don't have much time to backup all my data, may be after two or three days I will unlock my phone and trying to root. I will share my experience about rooting here.

Complete Guide for BL Unlocking & Rooting with Magisk. Thanks to @Athanatos81
I don't want to write whole thread here that's why just share direct thread link. There are many guide available on xda but I personally prefer this one because it's more detailed.

ROOTING GUIDE CLICK HERE

I have received my BL code from this guy +375257585263 You can contact him on whatsapp.

Thanks to

Thanks,
goldybewon
Huawei P30 Pro 8/256

That guide will likely not work, due to fastboot being disabled.

navalynt

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
www.mikeandjessee.com
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79681506&postcount=9

Solution is
Backup all, then factory reset. After reset don't allow phone to boot, immediately go to fastboot and flash recovery_ramdisk with magisk. Then reboot and wait for phone first init. It tells that root is found, press ok.
After that we hawe root and SMS working/QUOTE]

Might be worth trying for someone that has their bootloader unlocked and is willing to factory reset, provided the OPs link with instructions for creating the modified recovery_ramdisk works. I just ordered my code yesterday so I'm not expecting it until the end of the week to do any testing.

Recovery mode should still work, even if the phone starts boot looping. It's on a separate partition and downloads a fresh copy of the firmware from Huawei to install. It saved me a few times when experimenting in the early days of the P20 pro

JazonX

@op - Did you get rooted?

Just Tried Again,
Extracted the Ramdisk from 153 (C185) Update file using Update Extractor
Patched using Magisk 19.3 - Magisk Manager
Flashed in Fastboot after a Factory Reset, Flashing went fine. No Errors.
Phone boots fine in Normal Mode, setup done - booted to System (Root Not available)
Turned off - Boot in Recovery Combination - Goes into Bootloop. After 3 Bootloops, Phone boots to eRecovery for Restore.

EMUI 9.1 doesn't support the Magisk patch method used for EMUI 9.0.
Any other ideas guys?

borgqueenx

Jun 25, 2008
@op - Did you get rooted?

Just Tried Again,
Extracted the Ramdisk from 153 (C185) Update file using Update Extractor
Patched using Magisk 19.3 - Magisk Manager
Flashed in Fastboot after a Factory Reset, Flashing went fine. No Errors.
Phone boots fine in Normal Mode, setup done - booted to System (Root Not available)
Turned off - Boot in Recovery Combination - Goes into Bootloop. After 3 Bootloops, Phone boots to eRecovery for Restore.

EMUI 9.1 doesn't support the Magisk patch method used for EMUI 9.0.
Any other ideas guys?

Fastboot works once the bootloader is unlocked? I thought it was locked or disabled.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

I can help experimenting since the recovery partition seems quite save. However, how do i make a backup of everything? All apps, their settings, icons on home screen etc?
Would this work? https://9to5google.com/2017/11/04/how-to-backup-restore-android-device-data-android-basics/

goldybewon

Jun 11, 2016
Hell everyone thanks for sharing your experience here. I want to clarify that I'm not a developer, what I have learnt from xda I shared here. I am a guy who wants to root his phone no more mods needed. These are the experience we have to share with each other. Will will find a way... I want to be rooted at any cost.
See my attachment, there is a hope. Magisk creator is trying hard for EMUI, every new build comes with EMUI bug fixes.

Thanks again for sharing rooting experience:good:
goldybewon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190611_213525_org.bromite.bromite.jpg
    Screenshot_20190611_213525_org.bromite.bromite.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 6,587

JazonX

Fastboot works once the bootloader is unlocked? I thought it was locked or disabled.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

I can help experimenting since the recovery partition seems quite save. However, how do i make a backup of everything? All apps, their settings, icons on home screen etc?
Would this work? https://9to5google.com/2017/11/04/how-to-backup-restore-android-device-data-android-basics/

Nah, Bootloader was always accessible to me. There was no issue with it.
Try Uninstalling Hisuite and installing Google ADB. Hisuite installs a modified version called HDB which might mess up things sometimes.

For a complete backup without root, HiSuite is the only way.

pedro10192012

Mar 3, 2015
Does anyone knows how to install viper sound or any other app that actually and truly makes it louder?

Last edited:

SilviuO

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flash update_full_base.zip (FULL OTA) firmware with EMUI Flasher v1.1

Hy guys,

Can someone with unlocked bootloader and root install EMUI Flasher and flash the update_full_base.zip (FULL OTA) on device and report if it's working? Below you'll find the MEGA mirror for latest firmware v.176 downloaded from Firmware Finder.

MEGA link for VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.176 - MD5 checksum value 4dbe96c1b4fbc29aaa67cae2f3778517
LINK for [GUIDE] Manual updating/Firmware Collection/Rooting and EMUI Flasher ( thanks @OldDroid )

BEFORE proceding, make sure to patch RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img from v176 firmware while you are rooted on current firmware version.

REMEMBER that after succesfull firmware update you'll have to reflash the patched_boot.img to recovery_ramdisk (via fastboot) to regain root access.
Your userdata should stay intact - at least that was it back when i flashed on P20 Pro :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, Tried with 7.2.0 and it worked!
    Root is working guys. Safety Net is Passed!

Success Story Posted here!
    SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED...:p
    Just received my BL code and I'm so excited to root my P30 Pro. I will share my experience about rooting here.
    Complete Guide with required tools for BL Unlocking & Rooting with Magisk. Thanks to @Athanatos81
    I don't want to write whole thread here that's why just share direct thread link.
    ROOTING GUIDE & TOOLS CLICK HERE
    ROOT WITH BELOW MENTIONED STEPS:
    i. BL Unlock code needed for BL Unlocking.
    ii. Patch your RAMDIS with magisk 7.2.0 manager.
    iii. Flash patched img with fastboot commands mentioned below.

adb devices
    adb reboot-bootloader
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched.img
    fastboot reboot

iv. Remove USB cable press volume + button until it boot.
    That's it...Safety Net Passed
    FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH EMUI FLASHER TOOL:
    Successfully updated firmware with " EMUI Flasher 1.1 " tool.
    EMUI FLASHER TOOL 1.1 LINK Click Here
    SIDE EFFECTS OF ROOTING...!

+ Stock Phone app is not opening, force close.
    + Stock Google Message not receive or send any message, force close.
    solution:)~) Backup your sms and contact first.

This solved messages issue :

adb shell
    su
    rm /data/user/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/*
    rm /data/user/0/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/*

Go back to phone and wipe data of Phone and Messages
    Go back to command prompt and:
    reboot recovery

- Root explorer not mount system as R/W even granted root permission, so we can't copy, past or delete files in system partition - No solution till now, Due to EROFS (Extendable Read Only File System) working on it.
    ==================================================================================================

Thanks to
    @OldDroid - EMUI Flasher 1.1 tool developer
    @ante0 - Fix Messages and Dialer in 9.1 [Root required]

Thanks,
    goldybewon
    Huawei P30 Pro 8/256
    So basically Chinas Control Mechanisms are sitting right in this phone and the best Phone on the Market isn't rootable...
    And it's censored like the chinese republic or huawei... damn.
    NO ROOT - NO FUN! AND NO USE!

I won't buy this Phone until root is avaiable.

I remember those times... Android 6, the Threads are full of nice modded ROMS.
    These Days I see alot of empty "Modded ROM/KERNEL Threads"

Where are the XDA Elites?

Let's hope some genius is trying to crack the code.... and get this Thing rooted! :fingers-crossed:

ps: Good Job so far goldybewon, keep it up!
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79681506&postcount=9

Solution is
    Backup all, then factory reset. After reset don't allow phone to boot, immediately go to fastboot and flash recovery_ramdisk with magisk. Then reboot and wait for phone first init. It tells that root is found, press ok.
    After that we hawe root and SMS working/QUOTE]

Might be worth trying for someone that has their bootloader unlocked and is willing to factory reset, provided the OPs link with instructions for creating the modified recovery_ramdisk works. I just ordered my code yesterday so I'm not expecting it until the end of the week to do any testing.

Recovery mode should still work, even if the phone starts boot looping. It's on a separate partition and downloads a fresh copy of the firmware from Huawei to install. It saved me a few times when experimenting in the early days of the P20 pro
    So basically Chinas Control Mechanisms are sitting right in this phone and the best Phone on the Market isn't rootable...

And it's censored like the chinese republic or huawei... damn.

NO ROOT - NO FUN! AND NO USE!

I won't buy this Phone until root is avaiable.

I remember those times... Android 6, the Threads are full of nice modded ROMS.

These Days I see alot of empty "Modded ROM/KERNEL Threads"

Where are the XDA Elites?

Let's hope some genius is trying to crack the code.... and get this Thing rooted! :fingers-crossed:

ps: Good Job so far goldybewon, keep it up!
    Then don't buy the phone. Nobody is forcing you to.