Not able to ADB my STR

Search This thread

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
Hello folks,

I had a WinXP computer, and I installed android SDK, and I was able to connect to my nook via ADB. As it was aging and having fan problem, I bought a new Dell (i5, win7, 4Gb RAM, 500 Gb HD). I installed android SDK, but never tried to ADB my nook. Yesterday I tried it, and whenever I try to connect via IP, or use adb devices, nothing shows up. I tried messing with the firewall, but it was not working at all.
Does anybody have any idea to help me? And also on how to get my firewall back (removed Norton, which I believe is a bloating spyware, and installed avast antivirus, but firewall was not released either, and it gives a 0x80070424 error).

watermelun

Mar 31, 2010
CA
Try this

Attach the usb cable to the NST and see if it is visible in device manager. Ideally if no driver is installed, you would just see it there with an exclamation mark.

Then follow ros87's instructions here. If adb_usb.ini doesnt exist create it.

Then from device manager, update device drivers for the unrecognized nook and point it to the i386/amd folder within the android drivers folder.

once that is done, restart adb, run "adb usb", then try "adb devices". If it worked it should show you the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: apeine

apeine

Mar 9, 2011
Sao Paulo
ADB wifi was easier. In fact, it was such a long time since I last used it (before 1.1.1), that I forgot to add the adbwireless button to turn it on.
But thanks anyway. I've never dared to use USB due to inner messiness of the process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this

Attach the usb cable to the NST and see if it is visible in device manager. Ideally if no driver is installed, you would just see it there with an exclamation mark.

Then follow ros87's instructions here. If adb_usb.ini doesnt exist create it.

Then from device manager, update device drivers for the unrecognized nook and point it to the i386/amd folder within the android drivers folder.

once that is done, restart adb, run "adb usb", then try "adb devices". If it worked it should show you the device.