[KERNEL][08-08-11][TW] PeanutButta Jelly Time - FINAL

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I know, tons of stuff released, some may be similar, but I've had people waiting for me to release these for some reason, so I am. Not sure what I do differently that makes people choose what I release over someone else, but here they are.

What I've done is started with the source jt1134 has provided as a base, and went from there. I haven't had time to change much else yet, but in due time, I'm hoping to have a lot of changes and updates. If you feel like supporting the development, consider signing up for Dropbox and help give me more space to store kernels.

Merge pull request from Times_infinity to fix missed call problem

New Kernel/Ramdisk based on ED05 sources
Updated root script to root phone on boot
Updated recovery to latest CWM
Fixed busybox issue (I think)
Voodoo Sound V10
Only one undervolt level - same as previous "100" kernel

navenedrob's ext4 formatting options put into Voodoo conversion script - disable lagfix, then re-enable to take advantage of it
V(R) IO Scheduler
Fixed backup/restore/wipe errors for android_secure (I think) - thanks squash

Fix mount USB Storage in recovery (Thanks times_infinity)

Fix 0523
Root ROM on boot (if not already rooted)
Move files to initramfs so changes can travel between ROM Flashes
No more AOSP kernels, waiting for CM7

Voodoo Sound V9
Use Linaro Toolchain to compile
Switch to bmlwrite to flash

Fixed auto-brightness

Voodoo Sound V8 (thanks supercurio)
Updates to initramfs to try and prevent bootloop when wiping data/cache
Update to CWM 3.x and make CWM 3.x compatible zips

Simple IO Scheduler
Moved SD Card speed tweak to init.d script so users can change the value
-> Default value is 4096
Updated source to ED01 from Samsung
Built with 2010q1 toolchain, updated from 2009q3

Updated initramfs from jt1134
Kernel config changes from jt1134
Voodoo sound patches from jt1134/supercurio
"Fixed" Smartass, still doesn't work properly though, set conservative back to the default
Increased voltage on 100 kernel at 1000MHz
CFS Tweaks to try and help performance some
TCP settings to help make 3G more consistent
Built AOSP kernels

Smartass CPU Governor added and set as default <- not working yet :(
VFAT patch
Voodoo Sound mic/recording fixed and added back - thanks jt1134/supercurio

Upstream EXT4 patches
Changed UV levels for greater compatibility
init.d support
SirGatez patch to force audio to headphones when they are plugged in (off by default)
-> run "headphones" from a shell prompt to enable
-> run "default" to restore normal functionality

jt1134's source is the base, includes BLN, Voodoo Color, Voodoo Sound V7, Voodoo lagfix (if applicable), and anything else jt had in is source when i synced it.
Stock voltage, and undervolted kernels available
Updated CPU Scaling - keeps the processor running as slow as possible without overworking it
Updated compile flags - from Eclair, may not do anything noticeable
SirGatez's battery hack to allow for non-oem batteries

To Do:
Get 600MHz working

NOTES:
If you are experiencing problems, I need detailed info to be able to fix it or help you out. Failure to provide detailed info will mean I'm just going to ignore your problem as user error. Details would be something such as which kernel you are flashing (filename) and steps to reproduce the issue. Also, if you used any other kernels that had the same problem or didn't have the problem.

Legend
voodoo/novoodoo - voodoo has the lagfix, novoodoo doesn't (I hope this was obvious)
sv/50/100 - Undervolt level. sv = stock, 50 = 50mv off 400-1000mhz/75mv off 100-200mhz, 100mv off 400-1000mhz/125mv off 100-200mhz

Attachments

• 0808_fascinate_voodoo.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 2,837
  • 0808_fascinate_novoodoo.zip
    6 MB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:

xceebeex

Dec 16, 2010
Sweet thanks! I always had great luck with your kernels on Eclair. Flashing the 100 uv now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

khanable

Feb 7, 2011
going to try the 100uv

I've tried probably 3-4 kernels in the past couple of days.. someone needs to make a thread up and discuss the differences.

am I correct in saying 100uv is - so far - the lowest UV kernel around?

thanks!

eboersch

Dec 21, 2010
Buffalo
Sweet

I was waiting for the imnuts kernals. Just flashed the 50, I can see the difference already! Just kidding but so far so good. Thanks!

Was I supposed to say fifth? I don't know the etiquette yet

Last edited:

xceebeex

Dec 16, 2010
Anyone else had any luck? I can't get it to boot. I am now on my third battery pull.

xceebeex

Dec 16, 2010
Voodoo or novoodoo? I'm using the 100 voodoo right now and it's fine. If you're on novoodoo, you need to wait, as I mentioned in IRC shortly after posting the list as something is messed up in it that will likely cause the problem you're seeing.

I am on voodoo and I am trying to use the 100 as well. It looks like it just booted, after the third battery pull. We will see how it goes.

Thanks again!

EDIT: It froze at the unlock screen, so I am trying a 4th battery pull.

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I am on voodoo and I am trying to use the 100 as well. It looks like it just booted, after the third battery pull. We will see how it goes.

Thanks again!

EDIT: It froze at the unlock screen, so I am trying a 4th battery pull.

The 100 may be to much of an undervolt for your phone then, try the 50 or sv to see if you can reproduce the issue.

xceebeex

Dec 16, 2010
It is definitely pretty screwed up for me. It keeps vibrating and there was no signal and nothing was working, but I was able to reboot to recovery so I am going to try flashing again and see what happens.

uslacson1

Oct 2, 2010
New Jersey
For those about to flash if you're using set cpu uncheck enable on boot before flashing, i've had the problem of freezing on boot before and this seemed to have solved the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know, tons of stuff released, some may be similar, but I've had people waiting for me to release these for some reason, so I am. Not sure what I do differently that makes people choose what I release over someone else, but here they are.

What I've done is started with the source jt1134 has provided as a base, and went from there. I haven't had time to change much else yet, but in due time, I'm hoping to have a lot of changes and updates. If you feel like supporting the development, consider signing up for Dropbox and help give me more space to store kernels.

Merge pull request from Times_infinity to fix missed call problem

New Kernel/Ramdisk based on ED05 sources
    Updated root script to root phone on boot
    Updated recovery to latest CWM
    Fixed busybox issue (I think)
    Voodoo Sound V10
    Only one undervolt level - same as previous "100" kernel

navenedrob's ext4 formatting options put into Voodoo conversion script - disable lagfix, then re-enable to take advantage of it
    V(R) IO Scheduler
    Fixed backup/restore/wipe errors for android_secure (I think) - thanks squash

Fix mount USB Storage in recovery (Thanks times_infinity)

Fix 0523
    Root ROM on boot (if not already rooted)
    Move files to initramfs so changes can travel between ROM Flashes
    No more AOSP kernels, waiting for CM7

Voodoo Sound V9
    Use Linaro Toolchain to compile
    Switch to bmlwrite to flash

Fixed auto-brightness

Voodoo Sound V8 (thanks supercurio)
    Updates to initramfs to try and prevent bootloop when wiping data/cache
    Update to CWM 3.x and make CWM 3.x compatible zips

Simple IO Scheduler
    Moved SD Card speed tweak to init.d script so users can change the value
    -> Default value is 4096
    Updated source to ED01 from Samsung
    Built with 2010q1 toolchain, updated from 2009q3

Updated initramfs from jt1134
    Kernel config changes from jt1134
    Voodoo sound patches from jt1134/supercurio
    "Fixed" Smartass, still doesn't work properly though, set conservative back to the default
    Increased voltage on 100 kernel at 1000MHz
    CFS Tweaks to try and help performance some
    TCP settings to help make 3G more consistent
    Built AOSP kernels

Smartass CPU Governor added and set as default <- not working yet :(
    VFAT patch
    Voodoo Sound mic/recording fixed and added back - thanks jt1134/supercurio

Upstream EXT4 patches
    Changed UV levels for greater compatibility
    init.d support
    SirGatez patch to force audio to headphones when they are plugged in (off by default)
    -> run "headphones" from a shell prompt to enable
    -> run "default" to restore normal functionality

jt1134's source is the base, includes BLN, Voodoo Color, Voodoo Sound V7, Voodoo lagfix (if applicable), and anything else jt had in is source when i synced it.
    Stock voltage, and undervolted kernels available
    Updated CPU Scaling - keeps the processor running as slow as possible without overworking it
    Updated compile flags - from Eclair, may not do anything noticeable
    SirGatez's battery hack to allow for non-oem batteries

To Do:
    Get 600MHz working

NOTES:
    If you are experiencing problems, I need detailed info to be able to fix it or help you out. Failure to provide detailed info will mean I'm just going to ignore your problem as user error. Details would be something such as which kernel you are flashing (filename) and steps to reproduce the issue. Also, if you used any other kernels that had the same problem or didn't have the problem.

Legend
    voodoo/novoodoo - voodoo has the lagfix, novoodoo doesn't (I hope this was obvious)
    sv/50/100 - Undervolt level. sv = stock, 50 = 50mv off 400-1000mhz/75mv off 100-200mhz, 100mv off 400-1000mhz/125mv off 100-200mhz
    Updated :)

This will likely be the last kernel for the Fascinate, pending something drastic. Trying to work on 2-3 devices at a time is just to much right now, so I'm going to dedicate my time to the stuff that needs it most, the Charge and Continuum. Sources will remain on Github indefinitely. I'll only delete it if I need to get more space for other projects. Enjoy, and if there are any issues, find me in IRC as I don't really check here to often.
    I'm on 2.9.2 and the battery is terrible for me. I have tried every non voodoo kernel that has come out to no avail. So ur saying don't use an undervolted kernel for better battery? I'm sure it will get better, hopefully what u come up with helps. Thanks! Also I have tried every modem thinking that would help as well but sadly no. Thanks again

Undervolting will help with battery, but primarily only when the screen is off. The rest of the components in the phone use so little power compared to the display, that making a slight change to any of them does very little. Will undervolting still help? Yes, but the more you have the screen on, the less you'll notice the difference.

Why use dropbox when it gets disabled so easily. Why not get a mediafire folder ?

I use Dropbox because I can have the client installed, move the files to a folder, and they are auto-uploaded, and then I can just echo urls to the file when they're all finished, and the entire process is automated. As far as I know, you can't do this with Mediafire.

On another note, I uploaded all of them (voodoo and novoodoo, aosp and tw) to my Google site file dump for kernels and updated the link at the bottom of the OP. To save you some time though: Visit here for updated kernels.
    Keep up the good work. And, at the least... Hand this kernel to another good dev that wants to fill your shoes, however, it won't be the same. Good luck with whatever choices you make, and I'm looking forward to more releases.

All sources are on Github and will remain there for some time. If anyone wants to fork the source/initramfs and continue maintaining it, they are more than welcome to do so. :)
    Quick question about these kernels.

I've been running DL30 since it came out and just updated to EB01 yesterday using Blackhole and adrynalyne's EC10 kernel. Looking over these kernels, it looks like ALL of them have the voodoo enhancements (sound, color, bln) and not JUST the voodoo kernels. Is this correct? or are the enhancements only in the voodoo kernels?

I haven't been on xda in a while so I'm getting myself back up to speed and just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly before I flash anything.

Both of them have the voodoo enhancements (sound and color) as well as BLN. The difference is Voodoo lagfix being there or not.