[APP/MOD] Holofied Grooveshark

Search This thread

bejank

Dec 2, 2008
Broadview Heights
www.bejank.com

NOTE: This app is now part of Holofication Nation. Get the latest downloads at holonation.co.uk or join our Google Plus Community to get updates on our latest projects, including Pandora, CNN, Instagram, and Steam.

NOTE: I have nothing to do with the app "Dood's Music Streamer", the developer mysticdeath, KillEmAllx, or Grooveshark.com.
This is a themed version of mysticdetah's app which can be found here: http://dms.mysticdeath.com/. This theme is based on a theme by KillEmAllX which can be found here.

Optimized-grooveshark_staggered[1].jpg

I have used Dood's Music Streamer for a while and, while I enjoyed using Grooveshark's great service, I was not pleased with the look of the app. I decided to change that, and this is the result. Let me know what you think.

CHANGELOG

REDESIGN 2.0
- fixed IP block issues
- changed action overflow button to new rounded style
- consolidated regular and OMNIROM versions into one (no separate download link required)

REDESIGN 1.0
- fullscreen album art
- new tab system

2/3
-Fixed text layout issues on the Now Playing page.

2/2
-Updated to Dood's Music Streamer 1.3.5, which means:
-Fix for app randomly closing in the background on KitKat devices

1/15
-Updated to Dood's Music Streamer 1.3.4, which means:
-Expandable Notifications
-More from Artist & More from Album fixes

12/5
-I have updated the app to better match Kit Kat.

What is themed:
-App
-Notification
-Widget
-Icon

Please note: this app is only compatible Android 4.0 and up.
IMPORTANT: If songs are buffering but not playing for you, go to settings, "Songs Not Playing Fix," and select "Off" or, if that does not work, "On [V2]."

Last edited:

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
Wow dude this is awesome! Really good job, lot better than my version. Gotta try it, cheers!

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Wow this is amazing!!!

The App also works faster now (scrolling speed etc is really improved here on the I9300). Also the notification where you can switch to the next song or pause looks a lot better now. Would be even more awesome if it would be expandable but I guess that's something that only the developer of the App can do!?

Anyway fantastic job!!! :)

Edit:

One small thing. Could you add back the runtime of the current song. It was present in the original App but now it's gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: mauric75

Jarvarro

Jun 13, 2012
I'm just getting Buffering then skips to next song, won't play anything from my playlist. Is this just me? Using stock 4.4.2 Nexus 5. App looks awesome would love to get it working for me.

Reactions: mauric75

bejank

Dec 2, 2008
Broadview Heights
www.bejank.com
I'm just getting Buffering then skips to next song, won't play anything from my playlist. Is this just me? Using stock 4.4.2 Nexus 5. App looks awesome would love to get it working for me.

Unfortunately, it seems Doods music streamer does not work on Android 4.4 Kitkat. I've experienced the same problems you've explained. If the developer of the app ever updates it for kitkat (which is unlikely) I will update the theme.

EDIT: GO TO SETTINGS, "SONGS NOT PLAYING FIX" AND SELECT THE SECOND OPTION "ON [V2]".

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarvarro

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
I'm using it right now on KitKat and I have no problems streaming music

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Fantastic job with the new version. Design is superb :good:
Who needs Spotify if you have this amazing app with such a great design? :D
The only thing that would make the App perfect is a expandable notification

mi9ke123

May 27, 2009
Can this be tweaked so it can be used with the built in musicFx of Android? Rather than its own equalizer?

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
The new update has expandable notifications. Finally, now the great design of @bejank and this App will be the best music streaming app!

Midomad

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Salé
Google Pixel 5a
The new update has expandable notifications. Finally, now the great design of @bejank and this App will be the best music streaming app!

Yes here is the Change log:
*Added Big notification for Android 4.1+ (Jellybean and higher)
*Fixed More From Artist
*Fixed More From Album

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
The new expandable notifications are really cool, but it would be great if it would grab the cover of the currently played song and display it in the notification just like it's with the Google Music App
But these are just peanuts, this app is already easily better than Spotify in my opinion

bejank

Dec 2, 2008
Broadview Heights
www.bejank.com
*Fixed More From Artist
*Fixed More From Album

Guess what? I updated the app to the latest version of Dood's Music Streamer! You can find the link in the OP.

Don't worry, I themed the expandable notifications too, so everything looks consistent.

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Guess what? I updated the app to the latest version of Dood's Music Streamer! You can find the link in the OP.

Don't worry, I themed the expandable notifications too, so everything looks consistent.

The new version looks amazing. It's crazy that there are Apps like Pandora Radio etc. which have a terrible design compared to this and they have paid designers working for them and they can't get a great design done. It's crazy that one man does a far better job than a lot of companies with their Apps can.

Seriously man, you have done a fantastic job on the design of the App. I didn't know that this would even be possible without having the source code :good:

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
I think there is a bug with the new version. Sometimes music just stops in the middle of the song and if you go to the app, you have to restart the song. Never had this problem with older versions of the App
Have any of you experienced the same behavior?

Reactions: Midomad

Midomad

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Salé
Google Pixel 5a
I think there is a bug with the new version. Sometimes music just stops in the middle of the song and if you go to the app, you have to restart the song. Never had this problem with older versions of the App
Have any of you experienced the same behavior?

I confirm.

Reactions: Scarface1991

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
I will write the developer an email regarding this issue

EDIT:

There is a new version out. Maybe it will fix this.
However in the new Version he removed the expandable notification for some reason...

Change Log:
1.3.5:
*Fixed Playback issue on certain devices

Last edited:
Reactions: Midomad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTE: This app is now part of Holofication Nation. Get the latest downloads at holonation.co.uk or join our Google Plus Community to get updates on our latest projects, including Pandora, CNN, Instagram, and Steam.

NOTE: I have nothing to do with the app "Dood's Music Streamer", the developer mysticdeath, KillEmAllx, or Grooveshark.com.
    This is a themed version of mysticdetah's app which can be found here: http://dms.mysticdeath.com/. This theme is based on a theme by KillEmAllX which can be found here.

Optimized-grooveshark_staggered[1].jpg

I have used Dood's Music Streamer for a while and, while I enjoyed using Grooveshark's great service, I was not pleased with the look of the app. I decided to change that, and this is the result. Let me know what you think.

CHANGELOG

REDESIGN 2.0
    - fixed IP block issues
    - changed action overflow button to new rounded style
    - consolidated regular and OMNIROM versions into one (no separate download link required)

REDESIGN 1.0
    - fullscreen album art
    - new tab system

2/3
    -Fixed text layout issues on the Now Playing page.

2/2
    -Updated to Dood's Music Streamer 1.3.5, which means:
    -Fix for app randomly closing in the background on KitKat devices

1/15
    -Updated to Dood's Music Streamer 1.3.4, which means:
    -Expandable Notifications
    -More from Artist & More from Album fixes

12/5
    -I have updated the app to better match Kit Kat.

What is themed:
    -App
    -Notification
    -Widget
    -Icon

Please note: this app is only compatible Android 4.0 and up.
    IMPORTANT: If songs are buffering but not playing for you, go to settings, "Songs Not Playing Fix," and select "Off" or, if that does not work, "On [V2]."
    OK THE UPDATE IS UP
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    Ok I updated the OP to DMS v1.3.5. This should fix the background closes. Expandable notifications are still included (for some reason I was under the impression that this update removed those, which was the reason for the delay).
    *Fixed More From Artist
    *Fixed More From Album

I love this redesign, but this theme has one big flaw for me - no landscape mode. Any particular reason why? Can it be added?

I use my phone docked in landscape in my car, where I do most of my music listening. The original Dood's app works in landscape fine. I'm just wondering why it was disabled in this version?
    New update adds landscape support! Get it now!