[Q] fix permission need help undo this

Search This thread

iamgrim

Apr 11, 2014
good day to you guys, i got my first ever android phone that is gt-s5360 and i kind wandering if i can upgrade it, then my friend recommend me to upgrade it to CM7 that i really like, then i decide to partition it to increase my internal memory. but i hit the fix permission and moved some system files. and it stock in welcome message of samsung. now i fixed it. but i always receive error 492 from play store that i believe is because of i hit the fix permission in recovery mode. now i need to undo it but im having hard time to find a solution...

im new here and hope you guys can help me with this issue...
thanks in advance and God bless!

TECHNO_THUNDER

May 27, 2013
Coochbehar
thedroidcode.github.io
good day to you guys, i got my first ever android phone that is gt-s5360 and i kind wandering if i can upgrade it, then my friend recommend me to upgrade it to CM7 that i really like, then i decide to partition it to increase my internal memory. but i hit the fix permission and moved some system files. and it stock in welcome message of samsung. now i fixed it. but i always receive error 492 from play store that i believe is because of i hit the fix permission in recovery mode. now i need to undo it but im having hard time to find a solution...

Go to CWM»ADVANCED»WIPE DALVIK CACHE AND WIPE DATA,CACHE FROM CWM....IT WILL WORK....IF NOT THEN,

Do you have a backup of stock ROM?If yes then do a restore of that backup,it will fix the error.. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: iamgrim

iamgrim

Apr 11, 2014
thanks!

Go to CWM»ADVANCED»WIPE DALVIK CACHE AND WIPE DATA,CACHE FROM CWM....IT WILL WORK....IF NOT THEN,

Do you have a backup of stock ROM?If yes then do a restore of that backup,it will fix the error.. :thumbup:

i dont have a stock ROM, well that would be cool but im really new to this stuff and im getting confused for a lot of things happening.... where can i get stock ROM for my phone?

and btw, i always see this log in CWM
"E:can't open/cache/recovery/log" sometimes with last recovery

what that inflicts to my issue?

Last edited:

TECHNO_THUNDER

May 27, 2013
Coochbehar
thedroidcode.github.io
i dont have a stock ROM, well that would be cool but im really new to this stuff and im getting confused for a lot of things happening.... where can i get stock ROM for my phone?

First Download right CWM for your phone model and search guides for CWM and Root in xda or google......

THEN...

Go to CWM recovery>wipe data and cache and back then go to CWM>advance>wipe dalvik cache and reboot device......

And search all about CWM for how to back up and restore...etc...

Reactions: iamgrim

iamgrim

Apr 11, 2014
First Download right CWM for your phone model and search guides for CWM and Root in xda or google......

THEN...

Go to CWM recovery>wipe data and cache and back then go to CWM>advance>wipe dalvik cache and reboot device......

it stuck up on the hat image, i believe that is the ROM manager image. but its color blue... now im really lost on what should i do

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London

open phone settings
goto applications
mannage applications
select the all tab

you need to select the following apps and clear data and cache
google play services
google play store
google service framework

now with a file browser that can show hidden folders like root browser delete .android_secure from the root of your sd card (note the folder name starts with a dot)

go into cmw
wipe cache
wipe delvik cache
mount system (if on cm7 common kernel unmount system and mount it twice) data and cache
(if you get any errors in mounting anything you will have to flash stock rom via odin and start again)
flash the correct gapps for the android version you are on

restart

Last edited:

TECHNO_THUNDER

May 27, 2013
Coochbehar
thedroidcode.github.io
open phone settings
goto applications
mannage applications
select the all tab

you need to select the following apps and clear data and cache
google play services
google play store
google service framework

now with a file browser that can show hidden folders like root browser delete .android_secure from the root of your sd card (note the folder name starts with a dot)

go into cmw
wipe cache
wipe delvik cache
mount system (if on cm7 common kernel unmount system and mount it twice) data and cache
(if you get any errors in mounting anything you will have to flash stock rom via odin and start again)
flash the correct gapps for the android version you are on

restart

This is a bit same way that you informed....But your guide is more easy than me(For settings method)...All is well but if we need to delete the .android secure folder,we need root permission too...and after deleting this folder our installed apps will fail to load main apks...So I think it is more easy if we give a factory reset from settings...it will do all automatically...;);)
So just give a reset.....:thumbup:

iamgrim

Apr 11, 2014
Im not sure if im really a mesaed up guy or something, but the reset button is not working anymore. I mean i cant click it anymore. So i better try to do the other steps than factory reset… need to backup files now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

THEN...