[Q] From 4.4.4 to 4.4.2

Search This thread

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
Hi guys!

i have a moto x with bt unlocked. i've updated my moto x to 4.4.4 few weeks ago when i received the OTA.

i'd like to flash to stock rom back with rsd lite to have a complete factory reset, but the 4.4.4 stock rom german version isn't already available.. so can i flash the original firmware my moto had before the OTA (german retail 4.4.2) with rsd lite and then update it again to 4.4.4?

i'm not sure i can flash 4.4.2 over a 4.4.4...

thanks a lot!

solocchi

Dec 15, 2011
Hi guys!

i have a moto x with bt unlocked. i've updated my moto x to 4.4.4 few weeks ago when i received the OTA.

i'd like to flash to stock rom back with rsd lite to have a complete factory reset, but the 4.4.4 stock rom german version isn't already available.. so can i flash the original firmware my moto had before the OTA (german retail 4.4.2) with rsd lite and then update it again to 4.4.4?

i'm not sure i can flash 4.4.2 over a 4.4.4...

thanks a lot!

Hello. You have the Moto X XT1052? If you have the Moto X XT1052 with the bootloader unlock you can downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2. Download the firmware 4.4.4 Verizon and extract the files motoboot.img and gpt.bin and copy them to the firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE and flesh with RSDLite. At the end you will have the Moto X with firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
thanks i just wanted to be sure :)
so i guess i'll do just a factory reset!

Hello. You have the Moto X XT1052? If you have the Moto X XT1052 with the bootloader unlock you can downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2. Download the firmware 4.4.4 Verizon and extract the files motoboot.img and gpt.bin and copy them to the firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE and flesh with RSDLite. At the end you will have the Moto X with firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE

You risk a brick when the next OTA is taken.
Or sooner.

Reactions: samwathegreat

solocchi

Dec 15, 2011
I do not doubt you, but please do not encourage others to risk a brick, when a newer ota comes, for what is of little gain.

You are not given a forum where freedom of speech. You have tried as I did? I tried and it works. Just because I did the downgrade and not an important person of XDA does not mean it does not work. I do not care what you think the guide works. I'm not going to argue with people who express opinions without trying and consider themselves smarter and more prepared than others.

Reactions: danger2u

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
@solocchi

So you did it! But what did you gain? You are unlocked.
Please do this:
Make your own thread for your exact X variant & carrier. Warn others of the risks for other phones. Then "have at it!"

Last edited:
Reactions: samwathegreat
D

Darth

You are not given a forum where freedom of speech. You have tried as I did? I tried and it works. Just because I did the downgrade and not an important person of XDA does not mean it does not work. I do not care what you think the guide works. I'm not going to argue with people who express opinions without trying and consider themselves smarter and more prepared than others.

Opinions are one thing, but you are recommending downgrading to people, just because it worked for you. Which can, and has bricked many Moto X's. It's all over this section, threads and posts from members who tried and bricked. Some never could fix their devices.

I REALLY hope you understand that you simply got lucky. Great! But now since you got lucky, you are advising people to downgrade as tho its perfectly safe. My friend, that is incredibly irresponsible. And how will you feel when they come back to you and say their phone is bricked? Will you have it repaired for them?

I hope you get my point. You got lucky, as have some others.... But far more people, on XDA anyway, did not get lucky. Google "moto x bricked xda" to see the stories.

I hope you will reconsider advising people to downgrade, and just count yourself lucky and keep it to yourself. Again.... Unless you want to compensate the people who try and fail. ?

Last edited:

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
@solocchi

Please do this:
Make your own thread for your exact X variant & carrier. Warn others of the risks for other phones. Then "have at it!"

Guys, don't listen to solocchi - I think he wants people to brick their devices.

You want freedom of speech solocchi? You got it. But you had better not expect people to not disagree with you. We have freedom of speech too.

Hey guys: I put my phone in the microwave for 60 seconds, then under water for 5 minutes. Then I dropped it and stepped on it.

It still works fine and it's totally safe!! Now who wants to try??

LOL

Disclaimer: don't actually do this.

Now see what I did? I followed the rules by adding a disclaimer as required by XDA.

Last edited:
D

Darth

P. S. No, it's not freedom of speech here. This is a website, ran by people... People who make and enforce rules . Passing out dangerous or malicious advice can get people in trouble. Trust me. ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks i just wanted to be sure :)
    so i guess i'll do just a factory reset!

You risk a brick when the next OTA is taken.
    Or sooner.
    My Moto X has no brick to move from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2 and then upgrade to 4.4.4 via OTA file.

I do not doubt you, but please do not encourage others to risk a brick, when a newer ota comes, for what is of little gain.

@solocchi

Please do this: