Modern Combat 3 is out!!!!! *Xperia Play optimized*

Search This thread

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
nahhh 9MM is Xperia Play optimized on the Market too.

A better way of working that would've been that its not common that a Xperia PLAY optimized gameloft game gets on the market. That's more than likely what Log was gettin at because the majority of Xperia PLAY optimized gameloft games are only accessible from the wapshop.

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

IE-coRe

Mar 17, 2011
Güstrow
Sometimes you all are so stupid. If you want something done you have to do it your own. I have it on my Phone and it is completly Xperia Play optimized!!

jim1h

Mar 21, 2011
Not compatible with my device!!!

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
Sometimes you all are so stupid. If you want something done you have to do it your own. I have it on my Phone and it is completly Xperia Play optimized!!

Hmm... appears you're right about it being Xperia PLAY Optimized (o_O)

attachment.php

But what about the people who'd rather legitimately own the game? Does that make them stupid? I, for one, certainly would rather wait for a legit wapshop release than play it like this.

Attachments

• screenshot_2011-12-18_1209.jpg
    screenshot_2011-12-18_1209.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,376

Jasper_Ward

Jan 30, 2009
Personally I plan on buying from the market if/when they let me, but until then I'll get by... wish they'd stop with the multiple market crap

IE-coRe

Mar 17, 2011
Güstrow
But what about the people who'd rather legitimately own the game? Does that make them stupid? I, for one, certainly would rather wait for a legit wapshop release than play it like this.

I am sorry about that, i didnt mean taht anybody here is stupid at all but i didt like that they all said that it isnt optimized, without having tested it at all. Sorry if i hurt somebodys feeling:eek::eek:. What i can say, the game is just awesome. Grafics is fantastic, no lag, controlls are a bit buggy but i think an update will make them better, maybe.

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Me too, it sucks. They fell out with Google over market fees and such, wapshop means they get 100%.
Why don't they just release a gameloft app that has in-app billing and you can buy games in it?
Its better than their wapshop which means that people can just redistribute the apk they downloaded.

EDIT: Are the control's as bad as modern combat 2?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeanBoro

IE-coRe

Mar 17, 2011
Güstrow
Didnt play MC2 i can they that they are mostly like Rainboy Six, but more abilitys, means swicht wepons is dpad left and right, dpad up is run and down is crouch.

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
I am sorry about that, i didnt mean taht anybody here is stupid at all but i didt like that they all said that it isnt optimized, without having tested it at all. Sorry if i hurt somebodys feeling:eek::eek:. What i can say, the game is just awesome. Grafics is fantastic, no lag, controlls are a bit buggy but i think an update will make them better, maybe.

No offense taken :)

I pretty much agree that the game is amazing too. The only thing that pisses me off is that, while the game itself can be reduced to only take 320KB off your phone storage, there's an obligatory 8.80MB of consumption that's marked as data so that it can't be moved to the SD card no matter what. I HATE it when they do that.

I am very glad to say NO :D

...just as a forenote, the *bad* MC2 controls were based off those ridiculous new versions of the game (1.0.4, 1.0.5, 1.0.6) where they put this ****ty simulated analog in that makes the game nigh unplayable. If you got what I like to call the *prime* version (which is oddly numbered v3.3.9) before they started ****in' everything up... then MC2 is actually playable.

MC3 is much closer to controlling like the *prime* version of MC2... or like IE-core said, Rainbow Six - which means the controls are great. Only thing I'd recommend is toning down the sensitivity a tad bit.

Gimme 40min and I'll have a video up.

Last edited:

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
No offense taken :)

I pretty much agree that the game is amazing too. The only thing that pisses me off is that, while the game itself can be reduced to only take 320KB off your phone storage, there's an obligatory 8.80MB of consumption that's marked as data so that it can't be moved to the SD card no matter what. I HATE it when they do that.

I am very glad to say NO :D

...just as a forenote, the *bad* MC2 controls were based off those ridiculous new versions of the game (1.0.4, 1.0.5, 1.0.6) where they put this ****ty simulated analog in that makes the game nigh unplayable. If you got what I like to call the *prime* version (which is oddly numbered v3.3.9) before they started ****in' everything up... then MC2 is actually playable.

MC3 is much closer to controlling like the *prime* version of MC2... or like IE-core said, Rainbow Six - which means the controls are great. Only thing I'd recommend is toning down the sensitivity a tad bit.

Gimme 40min and I'll have a video up.

Unplayable, bad controls :mad:

Wait a minute...
I had the updated MC2 (with simulated analogue sticks), I don't know what xperia play they tested it on but it was unplayable.

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
I had the updated MC2 (with simulated analogue sticks), I don't know what xperia play they tested it on but it was unplayable.

Heh, I wouldn't be surprised to find that they didn't test it at all.

Anyway, here's the gameplay video (also showing off how it controls):

One thing I'm really glad about is that they finally made the d-pad control auxiliary functions instead of just making it an alternative method of moving the character around. That'll be HUGE help when playing online.

EDIT: And since it was requested elsewhere, might as well post MY IMPRESSIONS here too.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me too, it sucks. They fell out with Google over market fees and such, wapshop means they get 100%.
    Why don't they just release a gameloft app that has in-app billing and you can buy games in it?
    Its better than their wapshop which means that people can just redistribute the apk they downloaded.

You poor sheltered children ever have tried to compile a Linux game from source?
    The controls are terrible.

Imagine trying to play a game on your Play with your hands covered in inch thick diohrea.

That's what playing MC3 is like.