Help with SuperOneClick or GalaxyS2RootNew

Search This thread

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
I had a SGS2 several months ago and was able to root it just fine. I am now having issues w/ my computer identifying the device (A different SGS2), while connected and using either SOC or GalaxyS2RootNew. I removed the usb drivers I had installed (for Captivare) and while I can mount the phone and read internal and external drives on the phone, when I plug phone in and run either SOC or GS2Root it just says "waiting for device"

Last edited:

jaguars34

Mar 6, 2011
Saint Louis
Oh, I got you. Well, I just used the one click Odin flasher for 2.3.6, and it worked for me like a charm. If you can't get the one click root to work, read up on Odin. If you know what your doing it isn't dangerous at all. Look on entropy's guide or creepyncrawly's to flash for root in Odin

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Oh, I got you. Well, I just used the one click Odin flasher for 2.3.6, and it worked for me like a charm. If you can't get the one click root to work, read up on Odin. If you know what your doing it isn't dangerous at all. Look on entropy's guide or creepyncrawly's to flash for root in Odin
Been flashing for a couple years:rolleyes::D and I was here when Entropy started. I have a mega post on sgs2 but got away from it a month ago. I am familiar with ways to do it< just wanted to make the newer, safer ways a try.

uplifted6

Mar 29, 2012
I am having bad issues as well i have flashed back to 2.3.4 using odin, rerooted and now i can't seem to do anything evertime i try and install a Rom like phonebricker i get stuck on the boot screen......please help i realize im a total noob! Im also apply root before trying to do anything but i must be missing some step im sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited: