[Leak/Info] SGS 3 Video Teaser/Exynos 4 Quad

Search This thread

mossination

Feb 10, 2011
Video Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NnVU8R6mAU

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57...-galaxy-s-phone/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

QuadCore it is...

That next Galaxy phone would likely be the Galaxy S3.

Other Exynos 4 Quad highlights that presage Galaxy S3 features:

•Full-speed video: uses HD 30 frame per second video hardware codec engine for 1080p video recording and play-back; also, includes an embedded image signal processor interface for a high-quality camera and an HDMI 1.4 interface.

•Speed jump: Owing to its 32-nanometer tech, the Exynos 4 Quad has "two times the processing capability over the 45-[nanometer] process based Exynos 4 Dual while consuming 20-percent less power," Samsung said.

•Ready to plug into new phones: Exynos 4 Quad is "pin-to-pin compatible" with the Exynos 4 Dual, allowing smartphone and tablet suppliers to adopt the new solution without additional engineering or design efforts.

•Based on ARM Cortex A9 design: Based on the current Cortex A9 tech from ARM. The latest and greatest ARM tech is called Cortex A15 but those chips won't emerge as commercial products for a while yet.

Last edited:

theHOTNESS

Feb 9, 2012
Philadelphia
of course it looks bad

just judge it on the inside.

a lot of times they put hardware of test models and dev kits in older phone outerware (frankensteins) or test molds. its perfectly normal for them to test them this way and make incremental changes in hardware and software. for most companies (not apple) form factor is one of the last things that are done, shape, mold, metal etc are done last once they have the final inner hardware dimensions.

thats not to say they dont have very specific designs and mockups already with final product dimensions (they do this early, think case leaks), they just have to worry about phone assembly and part availability.

although i bet this was an early one because if theyre using ceramics in their final design, im sure they did their homework with its effects on thermals and signal.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Samsung has been using generic enclosures for the testing of phones lately.

Some folks think this is actually the Galaxy "M" and others think it could be the "GS-III".

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
The specs are underwhelming if this is true. Same screen as the Galaxy Nexus. Same camera. Same GPU. Much better CPU but not a quad 1.8 or 2.0 either. I think the international Galaxy Note is still looking like the next logical step for me.

mossination

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah I'm positive its a prototype. On a side note, Samsung never disappoints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
I am pretty sure that's not SIII. And Samsung hasn't disappointed me yet so lets see how it will be 2 more weeks!:p

hexaemeron

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah, that's probably just a testing case... wanting to make sure the insides work correctly before fine tuning them to work in a more appealing and thin enclosure.

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
Interesting. I know Bell already has the S3. I know someone pretty "high up" there and has used one already. obviously its in testing mode but from what he told me, as soon as it comes out he will definately be getting one. And I garantee it will be quad core (he won't tell me anything else.. the fact that he told me they have them was already saying too much)

tehee

Dec 5, 2011
Mississauga
Interesting. I know Bell already has the S3. I know someone pretty "high up" there and has used one already. obviously its in testing mode but from what he told me, as soon as it comes out he will definately be getting one. And I garantee it will be quad core (he won't tell me anything else.. the fact that he told me they have them was already saying too much)

OMG are you serious...

I just switched from Bell to Rogers just for the SR and then Bell gets the S3 :(

Hopefully this will be a GNote scenario where all the major carriers get the phone.

But anyways thats exciting to hear about. Im actually starting to believe these May 22nd rumors...

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
anyhow rogers gets the s3, my skyrocket is gonna magically "break.". I'll warranty it for an account credit and get the s3 through Rogers Rententions

puff8stuff

Apr 20, 2012
I really hope they can retain the exynos chipset for all markets. The fragmentation due to using 3 different chipsets in the GSII for 4g receptivity was a real headache for development and users alike. IMO, all new gsm phones should be penta-band. nexus phones are setting a good example.

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
Saw that video on Engadget the other day. I'll just post the updated part from it:
Did the Samsung Galaxy S III just appear in Vietnam? (video) (updated with statement)
Update: It looks our source link has disappeared and the video has now gone private. Fortunately, we grabbed our own copy of the video and you can find it below.
Update 2: We reached out to Samsung for a comment, and here's the not-so-surprising response:
"We will be able to tell you more at the 2012 Samsung Mobile Unpacked."
Also, this:

Amazon Germany weighs in on Samsung Galaxy S III with 4.7-inch screen and 12 megapixel camera

May 3rd is no doubt going to be a monumental day for Samsung, but April 20th is certainly turning out to be quite memorable for potential specs of the Galaxy S III. Not only did we happen to come across a purported leak of the device itself, which suggested the handset would pack a 4.6-inch display and an 8 megapixel camera, but now a placeholder has popped up on Amazon's German site with a few contrasting specifications -- most notably, a 4.7-inch screen and a 12 megapixel camera. We're still a bit skeptical, because this is far from official, but the fact that the smartphone is shipped and sold by Amazon itself adds a wee bit of credence to the product listing. Only time will tell which set of specs -- if any -- are the correct ones, but the build-up to the Galaxy S III just got a whole lot more interesting.
post_label_VIA.gif
The Verge, BestBoyZ (translated)
post_label_source.gif
Amazon.de (translated)

Reactions: mossination

musa13

Jul 20, 2011
57834439271461742982118k.jpg

Looking at the blanketed device in the image above, it’s clearly obvious that all attempts to shroud the device in secrecy has ultimately succeeded. The phone really looks nothing like the “leaks” we’ve already seen, and it appears that the reports are true that Samsung has concealed the test devices in a dummy case. Under that blue blanket of mystery you can tell that the device will have a curved screen and corners much like the Galaxy Nexus but that is about all that can be deciphered. It really looks like Samsung may actually successfully keep this thing under “wraps” until the 3rd of next month.

http://www.talkandroid.com/

Reactions: mossination

mossination

Feb 10, 2011

Looking at the blanketed device in the image above, it’s clearly obvious that all attempts to shroud the device in secrecy has ultimately succeeded. The phone really looks nothing like the “leaks” we’ve already seen, and it appears that the reports are true that Samsung has concealed the test devices in a dummy case. Under that blue blanket of mystery you can tell that the device will have a curved screen and corners much like the Galaxy Nexus but that is about all that can be deciphered. It really looks like Samsung may actually successfully keep this thing under “wraps” until the 3rd of next month.

Unless one of the sgs3 developers leaves his test phone at a bar...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57...countdown-clock/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Tick..Tock...Tick...Tock...

Samsung is hoping to generate some consumer buzz for its Galaxy S 3, the next version of its Android-based line of smartphones, with a countdown clock.

The company's mobile division kicked off the effort this morning by tweeting the cryptic message, "Destination: tgeltaayehxnx" -- apparently an anagram for "The next Galaxy."

The Verge discovered that tgeltaayehxnx is also a Web site that features a countdown clock and the message that "You can take the next step in..." (about 16 hours as of this writing -- Monday morning).

Samsung has revealed very little about the new smartphone, other than its May 3 launch. However, a source has told CNET sister site Crave UK that the new device will be a relatively minor upgrade over the Galaxy S2. No specs were revealed, but he said it should be similar to the HTC One X,which has a 1.5GHz quad-core chip with 1GB of RAM and a 4.7-inch screen.

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010
Really not liking this larger screen deal. I believe 4-4.2 inch screen was the sweet spot...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw that video on Engadget the other day. I'll just post the updated part from it:
    Did the Samsung Galaxy S III just appear in Vietnam? (video) (updated with statement)
    Update: It looks our source link has disappeared and the video has now gone private. Fortunately, we grabbed our own copy of the video and you can find it below.
    Update 2: We reached out to Samsung for a comment, and here's the not-so-surprising response:
    "We will be able to tell you more at the 2012 Samsung Mobile Unpacked."
    Also, this:

Amazon Germany weighs in on Samsung Galaxy S III with 4.7-inch screen and 12 megapixel camera

May 3rd is no doubt going to be a monumental day for Samsung, but April 20th is certainly turning out to be quite memorable for potential specs of the Galaxy S III. Not only did we happen to come across a purported leak of the device itself, which suggested the handset would pack a 4.6-inch display and an 8 megapixel camera, but now a placeholder has popped up on Amazon's German site with a few contrasting specifications -- most notably, a 4.7-inch screen and a 12 megapixel camera. We're still a bit skeptical, because this is far from official, but the fact that the smartphone is shipped and sold by Amazon itself adds a wee bit of credence to the product listing. Only time will tell which set of specs -- if any -- are the correct ones, but the build-up to the Galaxy S III just got a whole lot more interesting.
    post_label_VIA.gif
    The Verge, BestBoyZ (translated)
    post_label_source.gif
    Amazon.de (translated)

Looks like they added a teaser video
    ..Samsung sure knows how to advertise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57...-galaxy-s-phone/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

QuadCore it is...

That next Galaxy phone would likely be the Galaxy S3.

Other Exynos 4 Quad highlights that presage Galaxy S3 features:

•Full-speed video: uses HD 30 frame per second video hardware codec engine for 1080p video recording and play-back; also, includes an embedded image signal processor interface for a high-quality camera and an HDMI 1.4 interface.

•Speed jump: Owing to its 32-nanometer tech, the Exynos 4 Quad has "two times the processing capability over the 45-[nanometer] process based Exynos 4 Dual while consuming 20-percent less power," Samsung said.

•Ready to plug into new phones: Exynos 4 Quad is "pin-to-pin compatible" with the Exynos 4 Dual, allowing smartphone and tablet suppliers to adopt the new solution without additional engineering or design efforts.

•Based on ARM Cortex A9 design: Based on the current Cortex A9 tech from ARM. The latest and greatest ARM tech is called Cortex A15 but those chips won't emerge as commercial products for a while yet.