[Q] Chainfire's Triangle Away App

Search This thread

sdardz

Mar 5, 2012
Hi all.
My SGS2 needs to be sent in for repairs in the imminent future, and in preparation I unrooted my phone and flashed a Stock ICS build (my carrier is Optus, Australia). Before this I was running a few different GB roms. When I boot my phone I do not get the yellow triangle (I assume this is because I am running official Samsung firmware), but if I put the phone into download mode, it still shows the 8 custom flashes I did earlier.
My real question is will Chainfire's Triangle Away app remove the binary count even if the triangle isn't there?
And a better question would be, would having official firmware be enough to still claim warranty, or would I need to have both official firmware and a "0" custom flash count?
Thanks for any help!

sdardz

Mar 5, 2012
Thanks guys!
I tried to run the app but it's telling me I need Superuser access...
Does this mean I need to root the phone, use the triangle away app, then UNroot the phone?
Sorry if this is obvious... Not overly confident of my ability to keep the phone unbricked haha.

Kaze105

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks guys!
I tried to run the app but it's telling me I need Superuser access...
Does this mean I need to root the phone, use the triangle away app, then UNroot the phone?
Sorry if this is obvious... Not overly confident of my ability to keep the phone unbricked haha.

You are correct. Root the phone first, use the app, then unroot.

Wezi

Dec 9, 2011
You'll need a rooted ICS firmware already on your phone.
Check the Triangle Away forum to ensure its working with your firmware version.
Flash Triangle Away, this will remove Yellow Triangle and reset Custom Counter to 0.
Flash official unrooted firmware using Odin, this wont increase your Custom Counter as its official. Use a firmware thats specific to your region.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

Job done.

Also check my sigi for links :)

Last edited:

sdardz

Mar 5, 2012
Thanks! This forum is full of amazing help.
So theoretically I could follow those steps then flash the stock ROM a thousand times and the flash counter would remain at 0?

Rooster19

Apr 20, 2011
Sydney
If it makes you feel any better I went to Optus 3 weeks ago with a phone that wouldn't turn on with ICS for another region with root and they fixed it.

I think my USB jig cleared the counter to 0 though. I couldn't connect my phone to dl mode or anything

The app removes the triangle as well as the counter :)

sdardz

Mar 5, 2012
Yeah I tried using the jig a while ago but I think I have the newer bootloader, so it didn't do anything, which was very disappointing.
I'd just hate to take it in then have them tell me to get bent because I rom'ed it.

sdardz

Mar 5, 2012
Ok so let me know if theres a problem with my process.
I'm using ICS and the kernel is XWLP4.
There was no LP4 in Chainfires thread but I read that I could use the next closest one. So I should flash something like "CF-Root-SGS2_XW_O2U_LP3-v5.4-CWM5.zip" and then triangle away then use the Optus stock ICS?

UPDAT: I tried this method and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much to everyone who helped.

Last edited:

d3l1

Nov 18, 2009
Safest way is to flash a really old firmware and thus flashing the old bootloader. Now reset the counter with an usb jig. Done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2