Xperia T 0% battery switches on and off {Resolved}

Search This thread

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hello!

My phone Sony Xperia T 4.3 running working fine until today my battery was at 1% and I forgot to charge it.

So when I came back to my phone it had restarted time and time again, so I plugged in charger and it still does the same.

My power button does not work on this phone.

What's happening is phone switches off and red light remains while charging but battery does not seem to charge, then after about 5-10 mins the phone restarts itself and shuts down because the battery is too low....

What can I do apart from getting a new battery?

Thanks

Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Hello!

My phone Sony Xperia T 4.3 running working fine until today my battery was at 1% and I forgot to charge it.

So when I came back to my phone it had restarted time and time again, so I plugged in charger and it still does the same.

My power button does not work on this phone.

What's happening is phone switches off and red light remains while charging but battery does not seem to charge, then after about 5-10 mins the phone restarts itself and shuts down because the battery is too low....

What can I do apart from getting a new battery?

Thanks

If it were my phone, I'd take the phone apart and keep the power button pressed with something, or charge the battery with an external universal charger, probably something like this.

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
Can you enter recovery?
If yes, try to do so and let it charge. Or, select the reboot bootloader option, if it exists. ^^

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Hi.
My power button does not work.
The battery is fixed inside the phone so how to charge externally?
Thanks

You're right, I keep forgetting there are phones with non-removable batteries :D.

What I meant was that I'd try to press the internal function of the power button, not the plastic button on the outside. What that is is just a piece of plastic that presses the real power button on the mainboard inside, which can usually be pressed with a pin, or a pen.

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Sony Xperia 1 III
phone is unrooted!

Jesus Christ... I'm clever!!

Problem resolved!

Well luckily I got a friend who has a Xperia T and I asked whether I could borrow his phone for like 2 hrs..He said yes!

I just opened the back cover of both phones, connected the battery lead from my phone to my friends phone / charged my battery for 2 hours and voila!:victory:

Never gonna let this happen again, close one!:fingers-crossed:

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Sony Xperia 1 III
You're right, I keep forgetting there are phones with non-removable batteries :D.

What I meant was that I'd try to press the internal function of the power button, not the plastic button on the outside. What that is is just a piece of plastic that presses the real power button on the mainboard inside, which can usually be pressed with a pin, or a pen.

My power button does not work even if you press inside on the mainboard.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
does that charger charge the battery of xperia t? because the battery is not the usual, it is different,pls reply thanks

Well, as long as you can disconnect your battery terminals from your phone, and connect their negative and positive poles properly to the charger, it will charge almost any battery. I have a similar one (not that exact same one) with which I've charged all types of batteries; depending on the mAh, it will take different amounts of time, depending also on the battery capacity. All you have to do is move the charger pins to fit the type of battery you're trying to charge.

isko95

May 6, 2012
Lombardy
Well, as long as you can disconnect your battery terminals from your phone, and connect their negative and positive poles properly to the charger, it will charge almost any battery. I have a similar one (not that exact same one) with which I've charged all types of batteries; depending on the mAh, it will take different amounts of time, depending also on the battery capacity. All you have to do is move the charger pins to fit the type of battery you're trying to charge.
so that should charge the battery?