[Q] Lost drm keys, dhcp error

Search This thread

tadokas

Jun 11, 2014
Hi guys, maybe someone can help me. I have unlocked boot loader on xperia m, then locked it back and the bad thing is I didn't do back up of drm keys. so now when i do screen mirroring I get dhcp error. Is it possible to disable dhcp check or get drm keys somewhere? installing custom firmware is not an option, because I was late to work once because alarm failed on custom firmware and had other few bugs. is there any solution to make screen mirroring workk again? now I'm running 4.3 rooted. thanks guys

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
I can tell you that you have got no way of getting DRM keys back as you didn't back them up. You have lost your ones forever and you cannot install anybody else's as they are device specific and will hard brick your phone if you attempt it.

As for the DHCP check, I am unsure of if it is able to be disabled as I am assuming it requires your DRM keys before it is able to work.

tadokas

Jun 11, 2014
I found that there is some fix for xperia z to disable dhcp check, but it's not working on xperia m. I spent hours doing a research on this problem, many people have it, so I thought some one should know something about it. I found that you can do it on cm11 but I want to use official firmware. Thanks

LucyMystika

Dec 3, 2010
Desperately need a solution

Hi everyone!

I need the same thing as Tadokas, and so as him, I don't want to install custom rom because it still has a lot of known bugs, I really admire the custom roms cookers but at the moment I cannot install it because I use my phone mainly for work and need it as stable as possible, I really love my xperia M but eversince I unlocked the bootloader I saw myself facing this problem, and the mirrorcast was one of the main reasons I chose this phone because I would use this feature a lot to show pictures on our tv to my grandparents once they cannot properly see them on a tiny cell phone screen, even on pc they complain its not all clear for them, they're almost 80 year old and I love them.

Please, if a kind soul could give us a solution the same way they did to xperia Z, I'll be eternally greatfull!

Cheers everyone!