Constant 3G - Can only get LTE after boot / Airplane mode toggle (KitKat, EclipseRom)

Search This thread

TopHATTwaffle

Jan 10, 2012
After my device boots, it will get LTE for about a minute or so then switch to a 3G connection. The only way to get the LTE connection back is to toggle Airplane mode, or reboot. Toggling Mobile Data only gets me a 3G connection. I've let it sit on 3G expecting it to switch back to LTE after a few minutes, no go.

I did not notice this issue when I was on JellyBeans 4.3 Rom. I'm currently running a 4.4.2 Eclipse Rom. I've tried the MI9, MJE, NC2, and NC4 modem all with the same issue. I beginning to think that it's my SIM card that has gone bad. I'm having a new SIM ordered so I can replace it.

Does anyone else have anything that I could try as troubleshooting?

Flyer66

After my device boots, it will get LTE for about a minute or so then switch to a 3G connection. The only way to get the LTE connection back is to toggle Airplane mode, or reboot. Toggling Mobile Data only gets me a 3G connection. I've let it sit on 3G expecting it to switch back to LTE after a few minutes, no go.

I did not notice this issue when I was on JellyBeans 4.3 Rom. I'm currently running a 4.4.2 Eclipse Rom. I've tried the MI9, MJE, NC2, and NC4 modem all with the same issue. I beginning to think that it's my SIM card that has gone bad. I'm having a new SIM ordered so I can replace it.

I'm not sure if it's the SIM card that is causing your problem. Just curious....what network mode do you have selected? Global or LTE/CDMA?
If you have "Global" selected, you may want to switch to "LTE/CDMA" and see if that helps.
It could also be EclipseRom. I love the features and looks of AOSP, but my own phone always seems to have a weaker radio signal when I'm on that Rom as compared to true TW Roms.
You may want to further troubleshoot by flashing a different Rom to see if you still get the same LTE drop-offs.

TopHATTwaffle

Jan 10, 2012
I'm not sure if it's the SIM card that is causing your problem. Just curious....what network mode do you have selected? Global or LTE/CDMA?
If you have "Global" selected, you may want to switch to "LTE/CDMA" and see if that helps.
It could also be EclipseRom. I love the features and looks of AOSP, but my own phone always seems to have a weaker radio signal when I'm on that Rom as compared to true TW Roms.
You may want to further troubleshoot by flashing a different Rom to see if you still get the same LTE drop-offs.

I was on LTE/CDMA then it asked to switch itself to Global mode a few times. Eventually I told it OK. I've noticed no difference with this mode. I've tried JasmineROM and EclipseRom. Both had the same issue. I never had this issue on JellyBeanz 4.3 ROM, so it could be 4.4.2. I'll be trying the new SIM card first, since I'm getting it tomorrow, if that fails I'm going to go on a flash spree and see what happens.

On that note, if I wanted to go back to 4.3, can I? I read somewhere that I can just Odin back to 4.3. I also read somewhere that going from 4.4.2 -> 4.3 will brick the device.

tennisshoeninja

Mar 23, 2008
Houston

i am having the same issue on the same rom.
let me know what your test prove.