Music skips and changes speed/pitch using Google Play Music through Bluetooth speaker

Search This thread

sooneramt

Aug 11, 2012
Hi guys. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue I am.

In no certain frequency, when I'm playing music through my Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker from the Google Play Music app, it will sometimes skip and speed up/change pitch. It seems to happen on both WiFi and LTE. Haven't noticed it through plugged-in headphones.

I also noticed it when I had an AT&T Galaxy S4 through a Logitech Bluetooth stereo adapter and a Creative D100 Bluetooth speaker using the same app - Google Play Music.

I had both a Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 and never noticed it with either device.

All my devices have had the stock roms (non-rooted), and were always up to date. My Galaxy S5 is on Verizon. I haven't tried any music through the native music player app (such an mp3 or flac) but will update when I do.

Very annoying issue, especially for a musically sensitive person such as myself! I have sent multiple bug reports through the Google reporting process, and I guess I need to figure out how to send some to Samsung. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issues. Didn't see any other mentions of it on XDA. My apologies if there are similar posts on here and I didn't see them. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

c4400

Jun 12, 2009
Phoenix area, USA
I think it's the Bose device. I have the same issue with the Bose SoundLink Mini. Completely different phone than you. Droid Turbo. Never happens with any other Bluetooth headphones or with my car. It's very annoying. Any slight interruption in the audio stream to the Bose, and the music's pitch goes up like a quarter step. No it doesn't happen on any other Bluetooth device I have nor does it do it on the phones speaker or plugged headphones.

Apparently many people are having this issue with Bose SoundLink and similar devices. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=69397

Last edited:

vice86

Feb 20, 2012
I got a Bose Color SoundLink for Christmas, playing a station on TuneIn...after a little while there's a slight pause and the music starts up again at a faster speed! I was wondering if anyone else was hearing this and now I see its other Bose owners. Same thing happened with YouTube.

I have a rooted Note 3 running KitKat. Not upgrading to Lollipop.

Never happens if I use my LG BT earbuds or BT to my other little portable speakers.