[klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread
Not too sure if Philz is still working on this or not.
Info needed...... Now that Sprint has released the Android 6.0.1 to Samsung Galaxy S5....
What are our real options for a recovery?

Asking due to the major changes in 6.0 ! Android Pay and other apps will not work or be updated if knowing the system has been modded in some way.
Really dont want to break anything as far as security is concerned. Android Pay is a real nice feature, in time, and more vendor support, It WILL take off!

just dont want a broken phone...

brayhanrd

Nov 24, 2010
Santiago DR
www.twitter.com
Not too sure if Philz is still working on this or not.
Info needed...... Now that Sprint has released the Android 6.0.1 to Samsung Galaxy S5....
What are our real options for a recovery?

Asking due to the major changes in 6.0 ! Android Pay and other apps will not work or be updated if knowing the system has been modded in some way.
Really dont want to break anything as far as security is concerned. Android Pay is a real nice feature, in time, and more vendor support, It WILL take off!

just dont want a broken phone...

u can keep using phil am using it on 6.0.1 MM canada. for me is best option to use.

hellotata1

Dec 29, 2014
the link

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just long press outside a menu (2 sec and slightly change pressure after the delay)

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:

special credits to @PlayfulGod for his unified device tree
https://github.com/playfulgod

XDA:DevDB Information
[klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
Phil3759

Version Information

Created 2014-04-04
Last Updated 2014-04-16

The page says connection timed out when i click on the link to google drive.

Chadian

Jul 29, 2016
Hi guy first off I would like to say thanks. I have a sm-gw900w8 hooked to telus is this still possible? i have ran odin to flash and it says successful and i followed all the instructions ran a root checker and it says no root :( any ideas? running odin version 3v185
philz_touch_6.26.2-klite.tar and update-SuperSU-v2.37

MysteryIII

Nov 7, 2012
6.57.8 is not working for 900F. I get a black screen in recovery mode. So, I went back to TWRP.

Sent from my klte using XDA-Developers mobile app
Until now I never had a problem with PhilZ Touch, only displaying wrong time. Latest TWRP for our phone has problems with AROMA Installer and releases before different other (sometimes crucial bugs).
Did you take the right file? KLTE for G900F. Also make sure your downloaded file isn't corrupted.
I would recommend you to flash tar.md5 file via Odin. And disable root check as it is looking for system root and we now use systemless root. You can ignore any message about it.

Reactions: Zigie

Zigie

Feb 6, 2015
Frankfurt am Main
Until now I never had a problem with PhilZ Touch, only displaying wrong time. Latest TWRP for our phone has problems with AROMA Installer and releases before different other (sometimes crucial bugs).
Did you take the right file? KLTE for G900F. Also make sure your downloaded file isn't corrupted.
I would recommend you to flash tar.md5 file via Odin. And disable root check as it is looking for system root and we now use systemless root. You can ignore any message about it.
Thank you, I have used the latest release and flashed using Odin. Maybe it's not working with the latest Bootloader and Modem Firmware of Samsung.

Sent from my klte using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: MysteryIII

amin.no

Sep 8, 2015
gilan
i can't sent private massage to you. because i sent it here. @Phil3759 :)
Hi. thank you v much for port philz touch recovery for samsung galaxy win i8552/
it's good but i have a problem in this phone and i have this problem with all recovey except stock recovery. here is problem:
when i want wipe data/system or wipe cache i see this errors:
E:/can't mount data and phone rebooted
E:/can't mount cache
E:/can't mount system

Last edited:

HAJT669

Jan 2, 2015
i can't sent private massage to you. because i sent it here. @Phil3759 :)
Hi. thank you v much for port philz touch recovery for samsung galaxy win i8552/
it's good but i have a problem in this phone and i have this problem with all recovey except stock recovery. here is problem:
when i want wipe data/system or wipe cache i see this errors:
E:/can't mount data and phone rebooted
E:/can't mount cache
E:/can't mount system
You solved this!?

jimbomodder

No. I don't know what is problem. And since now any one can't. Solve this.
Normally you get those errors when you use the wrong recovery. As an example, my son's tab 4.7.0 WiFi is running an older (2.8.7.0) twrp but if I install latest which I recently found out was for the lte model I get those errors because it's trying to flash wrong partite and they don't match up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just long press outside a menu (2 sec and slightly change pressure after the delay)

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    Galaxy S5 Unified (klte): International, Canada, Sprint, TMO

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/klte

Notice: ATT and VZW are locked. You must unlock them to be able to flash a recovery

special credits to @PlayfulGod for his unified device tree
    https://github.com/playfulgod

XDA:DevDB Information
    [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    Phil3759

Version Information

Created 2014-04-04
    Last Updated 2014-04-16
    6.57.8 uploaded to goo

However, their servers have issue to refresh for now
    Update 6.26.6
    Check main thread for change log

It can simplify flashing for people having a hard time to have the recovery stick after flashing it
    The root on exit bug was also affecting the "fix recovery" on exit

- In odin, untick reboot
    - Flash in odin
    - when done, reboot into recovery directly, do not let it boot into rom
    - from recovery, reboot to system
    - it will prompt to fix root and recovery
    - always answer yes to questions

done
    • add option to directly parse time_daemon data files
      this gives an alternative to failed load of time_daemon for some devices like klte
    • refresh current time in menu header after time daemon fixes
    • fix first passkey prompt screen did not show proper background under some circumstances

Download temp link: http://d-h.st/users/philz_touch/?fld_id=37658#files

Please try the new option to directly parse time daemon data files
    It should fix your time settings