changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

Search This thread

Claus72

Jul 10, 2006
Bologna
Thank you 600GOL.
Yes it happens when you start a full screen application in portrait mode and then you rotate the phone in landscape.
If you start the full screen application in landscape mode it doesn't happen.
Sorry for my English.

I have solved the problem by overwriting the dll LargeTitleBar with the one atteched. ;)

Attachments

• LargeTitleBar.zip
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,594

iphoneresister

Jun 11, 2009
Bruxelles
Possible Bugs in 2.77

FWIW (and none of this is preventing my enjoyment of changeScreen) I've bumped into some odd behaviors:

1. I accidentally created a duplicate "Exception" (i.e., two exceptions for the same app), and changeScreen could not "Save" or start - the app threw an error (I could replicate and transcribe the app exception if you like) and crashed. Exceptions in exceptions not handled? I *was* able to restart the config utility, and finally noticed the dupe which I manually deleted, thus permitting a successful save/enable.
  2. Exporting configuration doesn't seem to work right: on the export screen, I get an empty pulldown for "Type" (no selection available) so the only way I can force the app to export the config is to click on some existing file (of virtually any type), which then causes the app to immediately export the config with that existing file's name. Additionally, if I click "Cancel" on the export screen, I get a message that 'File exported to "!' (null file name?) though I don't see that any actual file has been exported or saved.
  3. Importing a saved config file doesn't seem to overwrite the existing config - it just adds to the existing configs, which then creates the condition described in #1 - I have to manually delete all duplicates from exceptions list in order to save/enable changeScreen.

My config:
  • HTC TouchPro (OEM) with HTC ROM 5.05.401.1 WWE (WM 6.1)
  • CF 3.5 is installed (as I formerly used Gyrator2)

Also, I sent some money to feed your son so I hope he's doing well...

Last edited:

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
FWIW (and none of this is preventing my enjoyment of changeScreen) I've bumped into some odd behaviors:

1. I accidentally created a duplicate "Exception" (i.e., two exceptions for the same app), and changeScreen could not "Save" or start - the app threw an error (I could replicate and transcribe the app exception if you like) and crashed. Exceptions in exceptions not handled? I *was* able to restart the config utility, and finally noticed the dupe which I manually deleted, thus permitting a successful save/enable.
  2. Exporting configuration doesn't seem to work right: on the export screen, I get an empty pulldown for "Type" (no selection available) so the only way I can force the app to export the config is to click on some existing file (of virtually any type), which then causes the app to immediately export the config with that existing file's name. Additionally, if I click "Cancel" on the export screen, I get a message that 'File exported to "!' (null file name?) though I don't see that any actual file has been exported or saved.
  3. Importing a saved config file doesn't seem to overwrite the existing config - it just adds to the existing configs, which then creates the condition described in #1 - I have to manually delete all duplicates from exceptions list in order to save/enable changeScreen.

My config:
  • HTC TouchPro (OEM) with HTC ROM 5.05.401.1 WWE (WM 6.1)
  • CF 3.5 is installed (as I formerly used Gyrator2)

Also, I sent some money to feed your son so I hope he's doing well...

I really appreciate the donation man. If it wasn't for you guys I would have stopped trying to keep up with these threads a long time ago!

As for the errors they all sound like they are just my stupid mistakes. The duplicate exception was reported by others as well so I'll definately put out a fix for that soon. As for the import and export I must have just overlooked them when putting together the new version. I'll put out a new version with the fix for all those errors soon.

Thanks for the detailed description AND for the donation!

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
I have just tried this and (after a soft reset) it seems to work for me on my HTC Touch HD - TomTom no longer has the Title Bar superimposed on it. Many thanks!

Are you able to tell us where this DLL came from, or anything else about it?

One day. Two other user solved too with this dll.

Hi,
I confirm with this DLL the problem solved, in my ROM...
Good Application...:)

P.S: Thanks Claus72 for FIX...

Great that the fix works! I'll include it in the 1st post! Thanks to Claus72 for the research and the post!

iphoneresister

Jun 11, 2009
Bruxelles
No worries at my end as the app works great, but I'll check back periodically for updates. The donation was absolutely my pleasure as your nifty utility has vastly improved my TouchPro - I can actually use it as a phone again without having to chase the answer button through multiple unexpected orientation changes!!!

FWIW, I like your app much better than I liked Gyrator 2 - it seems like changeScreen responds faster; it's MUCH easier to configure; it leaves out lots of things I would never use; and, since I am OCD also, not seeing it in the task manager makes me feel [edit]more[edit] at peace :)

My best regards to you!

Last edited:

benko286

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 2, 2008
Croatia, Zagreb
runing version 2.77 just want to tell that it is rock stable ;)

but what i will like in next version:
in advanced tab that there is option for suspend device(in pocket and face down) not only screen off
and when i install app(testing a lot of roms) i hate that there are pre-added apps,so i always need to delet them ;)

yogioz

Aug 2, 2005
Canberra
ChangeScreen 2.77 won't enable

I have a HTC Touch Dual aka Blackstone and CS2.77 will not enable. I set it up, click enable, and then it comes up details or quit. If I hit details it says an exception has been thrown but the class (?) can't be read so no further details are available.

Any ideas?

PS -Will try CS 2.5 .....this had the same error

Last edited:

iphoneresister

Jun 11, 2009
Bruxelles
I have a HTC Touch Dual aka Blackstone and CS2.77 will not enable. I set it up, click enable, and then it comes up details or quit. If I hit details it says an exception has been thrown but the class (?) can't be read so no further details are available.

I was having a similar problem, and discovered there were duplicates in the list of applications on the "Exceptions" tab. Once I deleted all duplicates so that there was only one entry for each application, I was able to save/enable successfully. Maybe this is you problem also?

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Hey, can you repack a new cab with the LargeTitleBar and add an option for muting call on face down? (That should fix problems with topaz and tachi dialer having the after call problem).

yogioz

Aug 2, 2005
Canberra
Enable issue

That worked - I didn't think there were any duplicates but when you import a config it appends the settings rather than overwrite them! Maybe this is something for the next version.....

I was having a similar problem, and discovered there were duplicates in the list of applications on the "Exceptions" tab. Once I deleted all duplicates so that there was only one entry for each application, I was able to save/enable successfully. Maybe this is you problem also?

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
runing version 2.77 just want to tell that it is rock stable ;)

but what i will like in next version:
in advanced tab that there is option for suspend device(in pocket and face down) not only screen off
and when i install app(testing a lot of roms) i hate that there are pre-added apps,so i always need to delet them ;)

Glad to hear that.

Well... you can export your settings to a default file so that when you install on your new ROM all you have to do is reset defaults.