[APP] Rage-O-Meter -[R]- 08/29/2011 -[U]- 09/27/2011 -[V]- 2.0 MANGO

Search This thread

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Name: Rage-O-Meter and Rage-O-Meter+

Update: version 2.0 MANGO is now in the Marketplace!
-- logging and graphing
-- MANGO
-- Rage-O-Meter has gone straight to Mango, while Rage-O-Meter+ (the paid version) also has graphing in the new version 1.5 (still on NoDo), with Mango 1.7 submitted and awaiting certification. (Rage-O-Meter+ 2.0 will be a more significant update, with a major new feature.)

Update: version 1.0 is now in the Marketplace!

-- broadcast by email and SMS
-- all new UI (see updated screenshots): a panorama control that includes integrated browsers to look at the Facebook Splosion Stream and the Twitter #splsn stream
-- free trial of the ad-free paid version
-- coming in next version: logging and graphing of rage levels

Check out Mood Projector and the associated Facebook app for an extension of the Rage-O-Meter to new moods.

I tried pretty hard to make the UI more exciting. Comments always welcome!

Update: version 0.7 is now live in the Marketplace! The Zune link and screenshots have been updated. New features:

-- Facebook Splosion Stream: choose to add your rage vent message to the Facebook Splosion Stream, living on the Mood Projector wall. See others' rage messages, comment, find new friends in rage.

-- UI tweaks to (hopefully) add clarity

-- Rage-O-Meter+: paid version ($0.99), enables editable alerts. Customize your alert, explain your rage, etc.

Planned future updates: vent alerts via e-mail and SMS, keep a local record of rage level alerts for analysis.

Original Description: Vent your rage with the Rage-O-Meter! Quick and simple: drag the pulsating orb of rage into position, press and hold the broadcast button, and send your rage into the world. The Rage-O-Meter integrates with Facebook and Twitter to send messages to your social networks, allowing you faster rage relief via mass empathy. The Rage-O-Meter goes to 11.

This was inspired by medical residents in Philadelphia, who kept a Rage-O-Meter on a dry-erase board in the common room. When things in the ER or at the VA had driven the residents crazy, they could come and vent on the Rage-O-Meter without having to scream at their patients (and attendings!).

Unlike apps that allow you to post nuanced mood data to social networks, the idea of the Rage-O-Meter is to express a simple strong emotion quickly. I'm working on a way to make this a "framework" that is easily user-editable, allowing simple broadcasts of other types of emotions. The overarching goal is to retain simplicity and directness of expression.

The Rage-O-Meter is published to the Marketplace and should be live within a few hours. It is currently free and ad-supported. This is the second app I've written (on any platform), and I am still learning a lot about C#, Silverlight, and WP7. Any comments, criticisms, etc., you have are greatly appreciated.

Source: me

Zune link for Rage-O-Meter: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=fe89c34c-ac41-4010-8da1-4060b9fa69d4

Zune link for Rage-O-Meter+: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=b645db3d-2fbf-49d6-813f-d9923effe4bb

See post #4 for a web link. Or search wp7applist.com, etc., for Rage-O-Meter or Rage-O-Meter+.

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 191
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 110
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 99
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 71
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 65
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 49
  • screenshot9.jpg
    screenshot9.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

HackMimic

Aug 17, 2007
Bay Area for now
looks interesting. will check it out soon and let you know my thoughts. As a new developer as well who is now finally reading a book i can say good job. I would suggest a little better UI design. the metro look is ok but gets boring quick.

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Thanks to both of you for your feedback! I think the link I posted goes to the app in the Zune software. I'll add Orb's link to the OP, too.

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Update submitted

Hi,

A serious update to the Rage-O-Meter has been submitted. It is basically a total re-write of the underlying stuff with an eye toward future expansion (including much more liberal use of data binding, something I wish I knew about before!). It will now include a paid version with editable messages. Both the free and paid versions get a "major" new feature: the Facebook Splosion Stream, a place to post rage alerts that is not tied to each personal wall. See the creative alerts others come up with, comment on alerts, and make new Facebook friends through rage release!

A few screenshots are attached.

I'll update the original post when the update has been accepted and published (hopefully not TOO long).

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 17
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 14
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 14
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 18

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Live!

The free and paid updates are live in the Marketplace! I'll update the OP in the next day with details. Editable alerts! Facebook Splosion Stream!

I'm looking into modifying the UI a bit in a future update. Any thoughts about the slider vs something else (loopingselector, pinch-zoom binding)? Just curious.

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Version 1.0 is now live in the Marketplace. Totally revamped UI! Send rage alerts by email and SMS. Check out Mood Projector for more moods and an integrated Facebook app. Comments always welcome.

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Version 2.0 of Rage-O-Meter is now live! Mango, logging and graphing!
Version 1.5 of Rage-O-Meter+ is now live! Still NoDo, has more extensive logging and graphing, and 1.7 with Mango is submitted and awaiting certification.

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Thanks! I'm starting to look into expanding to other platforms, but I have gotten much busier at work (and I am a dev neophyte), so it might be a while before anything is ready!!

Top Liked Posts