[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Builds for SGH-T999

Search This thread

cyanogen

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
Seattle
cyanogenmod.com
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is the official nightly build of CM9 for the Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile. It's not a final release yet, but it's perfectly fine as a daily driver.

Known issues being worked on:
* LED is a little derpy
* Camera occasionally freezes

Install instructions:
1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "d2tmo". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.
2. Get.CM for "d2tmo"
3. Reboot into recovery and install

(or just use ROM Manager)

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time. We are also actively working on CM10 for this device, builds available soon! Enjoy!

Last edited:

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
Yes !!!
The godfather had landed !

Any chance of you guys including some kind of file explorer ? Pretty please Steve...........

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
Wondering if Data transfer between Phone and PC is fixed or if just affects everyone differently.

Last edited:

2k1civicexcoupe

Feb 9, 2008
awesome! Cant wait to give this a try. Debating if i should try cm10 first. Either way thanks for hard work and determination for this rom!

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
All is right in the world again.
Thanks Steve. Flashing the latest nightly now :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
Steve said in the unofficial nightlies thread that he fixed MTP in the 0717 nightly :D so flash away!
http://cm9log.appspot.com/?device=d2tmo
Its the last entry in the change log at the bottom.

Last edited:

bluecluenj

Jul 31, 2009
Trenton
On my Nexus S, it was always recommended to do all the wipes and flash the ROM and then while still in CWM, flash the gapps. I see different instructions here and there for the S3, like flashing the ROM and then rebooting, then going back into CWM to flash gapps. Any advice for this one? Thanks!

Reactions: remus25

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
On my Nexus S, it was always recommended to do all the wipes and flash the ROM and then while still in CWM, flash the gapps. I see different instructions here and there for the S3, like flashing the ROM and then rebooting, then going back into CWM to flash gapps. Any advice for this one? Thanks!

Flash rom + gapps + kernel(if you want to). Don't need to reboot first and flash gapps.

Reactions: bluecluenj

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC
MTP is working fine for me.

The only things that are kinda buggy - camera with focusing, the LED light, and the way the phone handles notifications when you are listening to music.

rayman2k1

Aug 29, 2011
Sony Xperia 5 II
Google Pixel 8
Wonky CWM?

So, I've been testing out all the ROMs and nothing beats pure google (debloat all you want, touchwiz sucks ass). So I've been testing out the CM9 builds. I noticed that no matter how many times I'd flash gapps (the 20120429 version) it seemed like it wouldn't take. By that I mean that other than Play Store and sometimes Talk, no other Google App would appear. It's not a big deal because I have TB of all the apps I use, so I'd just install them from backups.

BUT, on the newest nightly (coming from a wipe after rerduM), I noticed that my widgets did not show up. Not one of the widgets associated with the apps I had installed from TB were showing up. So, I thought I'd wipe again and try it. Still the same. Has this happened to anyone? Am I missing something here?

Also, is there a way to clean out the /system partition? Doing the factory reset is fine and manually formatting /data too, but is it possible and/or advisable to wipe the /system partition to sort of "start anew" with no artifacts from previous ROMs? Do installer scripts do this automatically? If so, why do I still see some setting from previous installations when I wipe and install the new nightlies?

Last edited:
Reactions: MLB1949

ikhtiaralam

May 20, 2010
Eh, sorry. I just looked up someone reported they aren't working correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

InversedTech

Dec 25, 2010
How many of you have gotten your IMEI's deleted after flashing the nightlies?
I'm really tempted to flash (I haven't even rooted my phone yet), but I just want to make sure I wont lose that number.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official nightly build of CM9 for the Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile. It's not a final release yet, but it's perfectly fine as a daily driver.

Known issues being worked on:
    * LED is a little derpy
    * Camera occasionally freezes

Install instructions:
    1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "d2tmo". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.
    2. Get.CM for "d2tmo"
    3. Reboot into recovery and install

(or just use ROM Manager)

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time. We are also actively working on CM10 for this device, builds available soon! Enjoy!
    I just flashed this and whoa...full of awesomeness so I made a small gift for you peeps :cool:

I hope you like it!

YJxhF.jpg
    I flashed 1000 times to reset my counter. No problems. Talk about your experience in a different thread

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

There is a thread about the imei in general. Lets take the talk about imei out of the cm9 thread.

But also, lets start being more civilized and not answering others people's opinions/posts with such an aggressive tone. Please!

How would you both like to share an infraction?
    Sick of this childish crap!
    Zero tolerance for flaming and trolls will be added to this S3 forum as well!
    RESPECT IS A FORUM RULE
    Thanks
    Thead cleaned
    NFNM
    how can you wipe wrong? Lol your joking right? Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, 3x each. And if you have a problem with my responses get over it. The more users are aware of this the better. Not to freak people out but because information is power. And in this case a hefty deductible.