AT&T to release OTA update on Dec. 27 to enable Multi-Window on Note II

Search This thread

Alaris

May 25, 2012
I keep getting update interrupted when I check. Is this normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Techweed

Oct 7, 2012
HAPPY!

15hoo07.png

Hey man sorry for the OT but what font is that you're using?

Dazog

Sep 30, 2009
I would imagine we will see an early jan update for fix the exploit, nov 30 build date on this build.

So they will probably rush the carriers to push a hotfix for 4.1.2

Too bad they couldn't patch the exploit and give us 4.2.1 at the same time :)

Reactions: cdshepherd

rgg2013

Oct 21, 2010
Downloading Note 2 update

I'm in Chicago, IL. and I am downloading as I type this 49% to go

Jerky_san

Mar 30, 2011
I downloaded it and installed it on my girlfriend's note 2 and it works great.. Mine I used a stock odin root image and it won't apply so probably an issue there.. Anyone know where AT&T update puts the files?

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
I downloaded it and installed it on my girlfriend's note 2 and it works great.. Mine I used a stock odin root image and it won't apply so probably an issue there.. Anyone know where AT&T update puts the files?

Look for a file named FOTA. Probably been deleted though

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
Phone wont let me update. I did a check a while ago before I saw on engadget that it was live and now my phone says that i have to wait 18 hours to check for updates again :( I accessed the ota menu via *# code but when I press the update option the icon appears and dissapears in a couple of seconds and nothing happens. Any advise on how to force the update? My note is stock unrooted

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Phone wont let me update. I did a check a while ago before I saw on engadget that it was live and now my phone says that i have to wait 18 hours to check for updates again :( I accessed the ota menu via *# code but when I press the update option the icon appears and dissapears in a couple of seconds and nothing happens. Any advise on how to force the update? My note is stock unrooted

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Its hard to say if you can force an update. It could be released by region or by imei numbers. Cant know

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Do you have anything frozen with titanium backup? And you must have a stock recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, guys, go blow up my Mediafire account. update.zip. I used the /cache method and stock recovery, didn't wipe my phone but did break root; you are welcome to CWM it in Recovery, but it will wipe. Enjoy it while it lasts ;)
    Why would you be rooted and not already running multiview?

Some people want root and don't want custom roms that break stuff. I used to be a rom flashing whore but now i just root and de-bloat the stock rom.

thanks for the link!
    There's a button for that ;)
    Thanks! So that's the file that gets downloaded OTA? Can I just transfer that to my (stock, unrooted) phone somewhere and then proceed with the update as though I had gotten it OTA? (The update still isn't available to me OTA.) Sorry for the naive questions!

I was able to update my phone with the file that plastikman187 posted. Here's what I did.

0. Root phone with exynos exploit apk.
    1. Download the file onto your phone
    2. rename it from a .cfg to a .zip (not sure if this is necessary)
    3. Use some sort of root file explorer to copy the zip file into the /cache directory. (I used es file explorer with root privaledges).
    4. Boot phone into recovery mode by powering off and then holding (vol up + power + home)
    5. Choose the apply update via cache option and select the downloaded zip.
    6. Some terminal crap will spew out and eventually the phone will restart.
    7. Let it boot and soon you'll see the "android is upgrading"

I can confirm that multiwindows works after forcing the update. The flash counter is not modified by rooting and applying the update.

Good luck everyone and enjoy your multiwindows updates :). Also screw ATT for making me wait while my girlfriend brags about chatting and watching movies simultaneously.