[Q] Galaxy S I9000 won't boot and turns off

Search This thread

graphik_

Feb 9, 2014
Hello Community,

I'm new here and hope you can help me even if it is only a little bit ;)

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with stock rom 2.3.6, root rights and cwm flashed.
Before I did this I had some problems with my phone, e.g. if I hit (gently) the back side the phone turns off =/

My new at the moment real problem is that I cannot turn my phone on if I only use the battery. (onlly the Samsung logo appears for a short time)
I can only boot it if the phone is pluged into my computer. When it runs and the display turns off, the phone will go off also. (not instantly but atfter 2-5 minutes)

Does anyone knows something about such a problem?

Thanks for your help.

graphik_

p.s.: I am sorry for bad english =/

shubhkirtisharma

Sep 1, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 6
Hello Community,

I'm new here and hope you can help me even if it is only a little bit ;)

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with stock rom 2.3.6, root rights and cwm flashed.
Before I did this I had some problems with my phone, e.g. if I hit (gently) the back side the phone turns off =/

My new at the moment real problem is that I cannot turn my phone on if I only use the battery. (onlly the Samsung logo appears for a short time)
I can only boot it if the phone is pluged into my computer. When it runs and the display turns off, the phone will go off also. (not instantly but atfter 2-5 minutes)

Does anyone knows something about such a problem?

Thanks for your help.

graphik_

p.s.: I am sorry for bad english =/

Weird try a flashing a custom ROM while plugged into the computer maybe it will help.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

graphik_

Feb 9, 2014
Seems to me like a hardware problem.I guess battery is going to die soon.Try with another battery.

I can exclude the battery. I have tested two of them and I can be sure that both are well because they work in another Galaxy S I9000 without problem.

To flash a custom rom with plugged phone into computer will be tested tomorrow.

pryerlee

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol
I had the same problem with my phone, it would reboot if i tapped the back of it, i found out it was a dodgy app i installed so i uninstalled a couple of apps i recently installed and it solve the problem.

graphik_

Feb 9, 2014
So know I have tryed to flash with connected phone. I do not know whether it works because the phone won't boot the system, only recovery and bootloader.
In cause of this I have reflashed with Odin again. Now I get at reboot this screen:

image: s29.postimg.org/bu61r7md3/PZv_PCPk_Txs5a_Xl_G_z1a22_Odgumodl7_HN6v_Ksy3_Q5_MNPm_s.jpg
sry but i cannot post direct links =/
I understand what there is written but I don't know why, the only sdcard is my internal there is no external connected.

So there is a new problem and I would be glad about new ideas =\

(I tryed: reboot, wipes and reboot, wipes and new flashing (same problem))

@tetakpatak if my system boots again I would search for his post thank you ;)

Last edited: