wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
Discontinued
This module helps you avoid some annoying contacts/messages on WhatsApp:
- It stops sending read receipts (blue marks) until you reply
- It stops sending availability status until you interact with the contact
- And it stops sending the composing/typing status

This module should support WhatsApp 2.17.x and newer versions only.

As many of you know, WhatsApp app is proguarded, which means the classes names may change on each new official update, that's why i use a brute force method to get the right hooks, this way the module should keep working over many WhatsApp new updates.

The module is open source, you are welcome to help with coding and bugs reports on the module's Github repository.

Download.

Last edited:

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
Nice work wanam! But I fear whatsapp might be banning accounts for this :/ I'll wait a few weeks for first reviews

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

lover

Mar 14, 2006
Nice job wanam but sometimes it send read message when whatsapp's pop up displays

wanam

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
Nice job wanam but sometimes it send read message when whatsapp's pop up displays
What do you mean by popup? Quick reply?

Actually I was expecting the opposite.
According to the way I implemented the module, your WhatsApp client should not send any read receipt for a message A until you reply, then if the other person reply again with C it gets marked blue but A "may" not get marked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lover

Mar 14, 2006
What do you mean by popup? Quick reply?

Actually I was expecting the opposite.
According to the way I implemented the module, your WhatsApp client should not send any read receipt for a message A until you reply, then if the other person reply again with C it gets marked blue but A "may" not get marked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
yes i mean quick reply, actually i experienced it only with some one. whatsapp has a feature in security that does not sends read message but if you enable it you wont see other's read message to

xtam

Jan 19, 2011
Great module, thanks!!!

is it possible to implement it in the way, that user would be able to activate it only for certain contacts?
not mandatory for all, for selected only black list, white list?

and another feature - button with "mark all read"
like later i would like to let people know that i read message, that it was actually read, like day later or week later, press button and send mark read status for all previously unread?

possible to implement not sending one 2 tick - received status? so people would think i didnt even received it but i already did?
like in whatsapp++ mods ?

and question:
how this module is behaving on group chat where ticks works differently?

Last edited:

wanam

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
yes i mean quick reply, actually i experienced it only with some one. whatsapp has a feature in security that does not sends read message but if you enable it you wont see other's read message to

Quick replies should behave the same way as normal replies, so the next received messages should be marked.

Great module, thanks!!!

is it possible to implement it in the way, that user would be able to activate it only for certain contacts?
not mandatory for all, for selected only black list, white list?

and another feature - button with "mark all read"
like later i would like to let people know that i read message, that it was actually read, like day later or week later, press button and send mark read status for all previously unread?

possible to implement not sending one 2 tick - received status? so people would think i didnt even received it but i already did?
like in whatsapp++ mods ?

and question:
how this module is behaving on group chat where ticks works differently?

Actually i made it for my own use, and honestly i'm not planning to add more features for this module.

Can you explain how marks work on group conversations? i guess it gets marked when at least one participant read it, try it with a group and let me how it behaves.

Reactions: lover

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Cheers, will give this a go.

Still think it is crazy that on iOS, jailbroken version of Whatsapp has so many mods and yet on Android there is nothing, so thanks for sharing what was a personal project for yourself.

Just wondering, the person you are talking to will see the "is typing" pop up when you type them a message?

grotesque02

Jan 28, 2011
I' really interested to this module...
But my limited english don't help mo to understand how it work!
Can make me an easy example?
Thanks!

Krowne

Nov 23, 2012
I' really interested to this module...
But my limited english don't help mo to understand how it work!
Can make me an easy example?
Thanks!

You must be activated from the privacy options of WhatsApp, the option read confirmation, and when in a conversation, you send messages, you can see when they have read, but when they will send to you, they will not know if you have read the message.

Reactions: grotesque02

grotesque02

Jan 28, 2011
You must be activated from the privacy options of WhatsApp, the option read confirmation, and when in a conversation, you send messages, you can see when they have read, but when they will send to you, they will not know if you have read the message.
Ok!
So now I have the tick near read confirmation, but people tell me they see blue ticks.
And the 5 minutes of inactivity is for?

From oneplus one

Last edited:

spacemanvt

Dec 15, 2012
Sorry could you explain the different versions.. I am a little unclear.
v1 will never show read receipts? and v4 will show read receipts only when you answer a message?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discontinued
    This module helps you avoid some annoying contacts/messages on WhatsApp:
    - It stops sending read receipts (blue marks) until you reply
    - It stops sending availability status until you interact with the contact
    - And it stops sending the composing/typing status

This module should support WhatsApp 2.17.x and newer versions only.

As many of you know, WhatsApp app is proguarded, which means the classes names may change on each new official update, that's why i use a brute force method to get the right hooks, this way the module should keep working over many WhatsApp new updates.

The module is open source, you are welcome to help with coding and bugs reports on the module's Github repository.

Download.
    New update 2.1 posted:

- Stop sending composing/typing status
    - Stop sending availability status until you interact
    - Fixed a read receipts bug.

The new features should be supported on WhatsApp 2.17.x and newer versions only.

The module is now open source, you are welcome to help with coding and bugs reports on the module's Github repository.
    @wanam

I know this module is discontinued but we all are waiting for your update on this work because all other mods rather than this is not much user friendly. We just need to hide online availability and blue tick until reply. Please just update this mod ?
    I have been trying on my redmi note 3 snapdragon, miui 8 global beta, marshmallow, module is checked, already soft reboot, but when my friend send me a message, blue stick still showing on him, when i read. btw, nice work

Xposed logs please.

Nice Work

Is there a solution for the first Message , which wont be blue ?

New update 2.0 posted to fix the first message read receipt.
    I tried to make simple this time, there is no 5min timer anymore, you will read each message without sending read receipt until you respond to it.
    Considering that the module has been discontinued, I hope there is no problem in offering an alternative. I'm talking about WATweaks. If you don't know, it's probably because he is not in the Xposed repo. It is a very complete module and is in constant development. The dev is always open to listen bug reports or feature requests. Since most here probably value privacy features, I will show a screenshot of related features. And one of the things I really like is that the module supports WhatsApp Beta, so don't be shy about updating the app

http://watweaks.alex193a.com