[Q] How do I revert my HTC FLYER back to stock for warranty repair?

Search This thread

maxtap

May 17, 2010
Hey guys, i've had my Flyer for a little over a month and i've noticed that when using the pen in the notes app there is a 1/2 inch invisible band that run from top to bottom where the stylus/pen doesnt register. it will register up and down motion but not left to right, so when i'm writing or drawing and touch that band it usually projects what i was writing a 1/2 inch over to the right or not at all. basically the function is unusable. I called HTC and am sending it in for warranty repair, but i just s-off'd it and rooted it wit revolutionary. I know i can't send it in this way cuz it will void the warranty and i currently have fliyhigh rom v1.2 . I did make a nandroid backup of the original stock rom before flashing to a custom one. Can i just reflash that?

I know i need my bootloader relocked.

What must i do to return it to stock and have no trouble with my warranty?

Thanx for your help in advance

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Not enough info.
If you have a model for which there is a RUU, then locking your bootloader and running the RUU will return the device to complete stock and wipe all data.

maxtap

May 17, 2010
my Flyer is at bestbuy 16gb wifi version. How do i relock the bootloader? i saw on the forum that the ruu for my flyer is the 1.36 version. I'm just very confused and dont want to mess up my tab.

kego

Jul 3, 2006
Please note that HTCdev unlock is persistent; even if you relock, you see "relocked" on the bootloader screen. This is also underlined on htcdev site, adding that warranty could also be affected.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

J

jscott30

Please note that HTCdev unlock is persistent; even if you relock, you see "relocked" on the bootloader screen. This is also underlined on htcdev site, adding that warranty could also be affected.

This isn't completely true. After relocking, and when the OP applies the 1.36 RUU, the stock 1.10.0000 hboot will be restored and will be s-on. I've done the same and there is no "relocked" message on hboot after the RUU.

kego

Jul 3, 2006
This isn't completely true. After relocking, and when the OP applies the 1.36 RUU, the stock 1.10.0000 hboot will be restored and will be s-on. I've done the same and there is no "relocked" message on hboot after the RUU.

That's interesting. When I restore the orginal hboot, I still saw "relocked". On top, in HTC's unlock page, they also confirm this

revolerror.jpg

J

jscott30

Yeah, when I went up to the new hboot for HC, oem relocked (then it read "relocked" ) , but then installed the 1.36 RUU in Windows, it flashed the stock hboot with s-on and no "relocked" message - everything looked the same as stock.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
We're talking gingerbread here, there is no reason for any discussion of honeycomb or downgrading in this thread.

Absolutely correct jscott30. The 1.10.0000 or 1.11.0003 HBOOT have no code for handling the unlocktoken so it looks completely stock. However if you update to a newer hboot it does say "relocked".

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

That's interesting. When I restore the orginal hboot, I still saw "relocked". On top, in HTC's unlock page, they also confirm this

revolerror.jpg

Then you didn't restore the original hboot.

maxtap

May 17, 2010
thanx for all your help. i never went to HC i just wanted to try another gb rom. i personaly feel from trying 2 roms that the stock one was less buggy and pretty fluid. i i gave to sent it in for a screen repair but i also want to go back to stock.

i saw the instructions but where do I type in "oem lock" and those other things. am i opening up some program or do i just do it from my command promt window. ?

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
The OEM lock is only if you used htc Dev to unlock. If you used revolutionary to s of than follow instructions in thread for gaining s on in the development section

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Unless you used the htc dev unlock than yes.

maxtap

May 17, 2010
all i used was revolutuionary and s-off'd and downloaded superuser. how can i check if it's locked.

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
It would say it up to in hboot. If all you did was revolutionary then you did not unlock

maxtap

May 17, 2010
this is what my flyer says at the boot menu

Flyer pvt ship S-Off RL
HBOOT - 6.10.1002
Microp-0850
Radio-3809.05.04. 10_M
eMMC-boot
May 4 2011, 11:04:45

HBOOT USB PLUG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In order to use the comand lines for fastboot you must change to the directory where fastboot is located. So for example if you have a folder named adb on your c drive that holds adb and fastboot you would open a terminal/command and type

Cd \adb

Once in the directory you can use the fastboot commands. If you are using a Mac. Open a terminal, type in cd then open finder and navigate to the folder that has fastboot in it. Do not open the folder. Drag the folder into the terminal then hit enter. You should now be in the correct directory.

All this is for nothing if fastboot is not in the folder