[APP][03•30•09][0.6.5] TrackMyRun - GPS Run/Walk tracking (Nike+ sorta)

Search This thread

gweedo767

Nov 27, 2006
I have started working on an app for Windows Mobile 6 phones w/ GPS to do run/walk/bike tracking like the Nike+. Here is a little Video of the app in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIqKHCb21cg&feature=channel_page

Version 0.6.5 9s attached
- Smartphone detection is in
- Run Form updated to be smartphone happy, view log is next.

Version 0.6.4 is attached
- Calories burnt calc!!!! (put your weight in...lbs for now...kg coming :p )

Version 0.6.3 is attached
- 1 Mile/KM kills the app bug fixed!

Version 0.6.2 is attached
- I am not dead! I promise :)
- This is mostly a maintence update. All the tracking code has been pulled from the views and put off in modules (as it should have been from the get go) so I can get a Smartphone version working soon.

Version 0.6.1 is attached
- Audio updates - new sounds for mile/km passed and distance goal hit
- Audio updates - updates to how the power management is dealt with for audio, still not perfect, but better
- Center button (on your direction pad) now turns the display off and on and also it stops the phone from sleeping when you use that display off method. This is great for phones that get a bit wierd on their GPS in unattended mode.

Version 0.6 is attached
- New internal tracking code to improve performance and make new feature additions easier (this was more about me than you ;) )
- First audible notices. Each mile/km and distance goal hit. It is just a tone right now, but I will record and add voiced stuff tonight.
- New Settings tab for audible notices
- Smartphone users can atleast start the app and track a run now! (still no settings or view log...that is coming)

Version 0.5.9 is attached
- Fix the View/Save log bug (I hope)...you might have to delete your Run Log (yeah for Alpha testing!)
- New way to calculate speed that is more accurate for me. This might depend on what GPS chip your phone uses...try both and see which you like more (change in the Settings Screen)

Version 0.5.8 is attached
- AppToDate bug fix
- Start of true metric support
- little bug fixes

Version 0.5.7 is attached
- I think the String->Date bug is fixed, please let me know!
- Added an "Action" menu under the left soft key for start/stop/save (silly non-touch screen phone users!)

Version 0.5.6 is attached
- EMAIL A RUN!
(that is a horrible name for the feature right now....since it just gives you a link to share...)
http://www.trackmyrun.mobi/viewrun.php?run_id=18&auth_code=5qii4mfy

Version 0.5.5 is attached
- Settings screen is up and working
- Goal progress is based on settings now (not just 3.1 all the time)
- All based on miles still, KM is coming soon fear not!
- Few more bug fixes and exception catches

Version 0.5.3 is attached
- GPS unattended mode updates
- Few bug fixes
- Ignore Calories/Pace, those spots are place holders/debugging right now...they will work in a later release

Version 0.5.1 is attached
- GPS stays up in unattended mode now (screen off by time out or hitting the power button)
- Few little bug fixes

Version 0.5 is attached
- KML support is all in now :)
- Go to view a lot (has to be a new one) and select View in Google Maps
- Change the line in the KML file to be green since that yellow was hard to see

Version 0.4 is attached.
- Fixed a few of the stupid SubString() bugs :)
- Added Experimental KML support! (start a run, do some stuff, then go to options->experimental->Build KML). It will put test.kml in your devices root folder
- Working on new speed tracking code, it is far more accurate...but not done yet (so ignore that it has like 900 #'s after the decimal point)
- Ignore what it says for calories burnt...that isn't what you think it is ;)

ENJOY!
Version 0.3 is attached.

Attachments

• TrackMyRun.cab
    1.3 MB · Views: 8,086
Last edited:

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
Looks impressive. The auditory upgrade feature would be cool to add.

There are similar Apps. One in particular is also cool is:
GPS Cycle Computer v2

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=424423

How would this calculate calories burned if your activity differs?

i.e. Rollerblading vs. Running vs Cycling, etc.
or is it simply based on time and distance to give a general calculation?

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Does this track coordinates? Or does it track via something else? Cause then I'm thinking that you need an active data connection for this to work :|

gweedo767

Nov 27, 2006
Does this track coordinates? Or does it track via something else? Cause then I'm thinking that you need an active data connection for this to work :|

It tracks coordinates, so no data plan is needed at all for this. Just a working GPS. Now, I plan in the future to have online features for showing your routes on google maps and storing run data online, ect...but that is in the future...

gweedo767

Nov 27, 2006
Looks impressive. The auditory upgrade feature would be cool to add.

How would this calculate calories burned if your activity differs?

i.e. Rollerblading vs. Running vs Cycling, etc.
or is it simply based on time and distance to give a general calculation?

There are some standard formulats that are based on weight, time of exercise and how vigorous the activity is. For walk, jog, run that is easy (since I now your MPH's). For biking, roller blading, ect that gets tougher.

dom_mitchell1

Mar 2, 2006
This is looking awesome. Could really do with an App like this. Keep it up and hope your "about a week" estimate is correct for a first beta.

A question though; I have a Touch HD. Has the interface been written to be able to cope with a WVGA resolution?

gweedo767

Nov 27, 2006
This is looking awesome. Could really do with an App like this. Keep it up and hope your "about a week" estimate is correct for a first beta.

A question though; I have a Touch HD. Has the interface been written to be able to cope with a WVGA resolution?

I have only tested it on a VGA display (my Touch Diamond). I have played with it in the QVGA emulator and the Square VGA emulator. The layout is far from final (I am not happy with it at all right now), so that is in flux a lot.

Go ahead and try the current version if you like:
http://grebowiec.net/trackmyrun.zip

Please be aware this is a VERY alpha version. There are known bugs that throw exceptions that I don't catch...so be nice ;)

If you do however have any failures or success, please let me know.

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
AppToDate Support

Could you possibly think about having this AppToDate Support. Since this is in the early stages of development, it would be great to run AppToDate to get the current version. Thanks.

dom_mitchell1

Mar 2, 2006
Couldn't wait until I got home so just loaded it up here. Everything seems good until I tried to View Log when it crashes out on me.Unfortunately I don't have NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab installed installed so cannot view details.

Also +1 for Apptodate support!

gweedo767

Nov 27, 2006
Couldn't wait until I got home so just loaded it up here. Everything seems good until I tried to View Log when it crashes out on me.Unfortunately I don't have NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab installed installed so cannot view details.

Also +1 for Apptodate support!

Did you start and then stop a run? The log file isn't created until you do atleast one and I bet it is dying trying to read the log file (which doesn't exist yet for you if you didn't do a start/stop)

dom_mitchell1

Mar 2, 2006
Did you start and then stop a run? The log file isn't created until you do atleast one and I bet it is dying trying to read the log file (which doesn't exist yet for you if you didn't do a start/stop)

Yeah I had done and paced about abit; notched up 0.003 miles. Stopped the run successfully and then tried to view the log.

I've just jogged home from a friend's house (1.237 miles). This time when I stopped the run it crashed. No error code or anything; just said I had to quit and restart.

Sorry that's probably not much good for bug finding!

gweedo767

Nov 27, 2006
Yeah I had done and paced about abit; notched up 0.003 miles. Stopped the run successfully and then tried to view the log.

I've just jogged home from a friend's house (1.237 miles). This time when I stopped the run it crashed. No error code or anything; just said I had to quit and restart.

Sorry that's probably not much good for bug finding!

Did it do fine during the whole run though?

dom_mitchell1

Mar 2, 2006
Did it do fine during the whole run though?

Yeah no problems there. Slight lag on speed changes but I guess that's to be expected/part of the suposed and much debated GPS lag on the HD!

No complaints about performance at all.

I'm really liking the look of the App, certianly looks good so far; will be awesome if/when audio feedback can be given.

Something that would be good is if you could make the data from the logs uploadable to a PC to plot onto a graph (via Excel).

Like I said, great work so far! Loving this, who needs Nike/Apple!

gweedo767

Nov 27, 2006
Yeah no problems there. Slight lag on speed changes but I guess that's to be expected/part of the suposed and much debated GPS lag on the HD!

No complaints about performance at all.

I'm really liking the look of the App, certianly looks good so far; will be awesome if/when audio feedback can be given.

Something that would be good is if you could make the data from the logs uploadable to a PC to plot onto a graph (via Excel).

Like I said, great work so far! Loving this, who needs Nike/Apple!

The lag might be that I only update the display every 5 seconds (that is for all data). I think I might update the speed in real time (there is a call back function I can attach to for that). I do have plans for graphing/tracking/mapping in the future via an upload to a website feature...but that is a bit down the road ;) I want to get all the stand alone client features working correctly first!

GBULM1234

Jan 4, 2009
Please let us know when you have completed a final version. this program will be very useful. I know its still in the early stages hopefully you will be able to find the bugs and get them fixed, so we can download complete version.