[MAY 17][WM6.5]re/START(startMenu), Chome Editor v1.6 BETA, TitaniumWeatherv4.2*RADAR

Search This thread

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
re/START, Organize your wm6.5 start menu

First attempt at a simple configurator for organizing and theming the start menu for wm6.5. Still has a few bugs that occasionally throw an error, so consider it beta. As seen in screenshots below, I went from Da_G's basic(only Tools and Office folders) start menu layout to multiple folders, moved shortcuts between folders, and move shortcuts up/down in start menu position. Has ability to add/change icons to any links or folders, but they must be in the icons folder located in reSTART folder to be found. I included a few folder icons in install package to get you started(hence the large size of cab, actual exe and dll are only about 120kb). New icons added to folder should be .png files. Report bugs and maybe I'll fix, maybe not:p

restart.jpg

TitaniumWeather plugin
Disable 'Windows default' plugin before installing/uninstalling TitaniumWeather. Cab will install weather plugin to homescreen. Install cabs to main memory.
Radar--
tap and hold on radar image for refresh options and to edit urls
now fully self contained and can be used seperate from TitaniumWeather if wanted

Changed
v4.2:
-revamped radar page
-movable radar image
-new radar option to refresh all images
-backup/restore option for settings ****I'm posting a backup cab in post #716, page 72, for using before upgrading to this version if wanted
-all new options menus

v4.1:
-added RADAR with zoom and customizable image url locations
-changed to Spil icons

v4.0:
-added new install using AppStar's ATPluginInstaller, thanks to Appstar
-now supports all resolutions(qvga, vga, wvga, qwvga, squareqvga, squarevga) If it doesn't work on layouts, post screenshot and device/resolutions.
-new menu layouts that are finger friendly
-now supports adding icon packs with different layouts
-comes with Stardock icons, 3 more packs available
-upgraded to mortscript 4.3 beta 5, thanks to Mort

v3.1:
-updated layout slightly
-changed to Beyond Invisible's weather icons from m2d, thanks to him

v3a:
- fixed spacing bug on summary page day list

v3:
- updated to new panel design(thanks to drkfngthdragnlrd) that is all in one
- added current conditions detail page, forecast detail pages, and weather links page
- added option to enable/disable the new pages
- set right soft key for weather menu and press on panel as run weather update.

v2.1:
- updated install for 21193
- when no internet found, display reverts back to last hi/lo forecast temps for today
:to find your location codes, use this url and add your city name to end of it:
hadle.accu-weather.com/widget/hadle/city-find.asp?location=

ICON PACKS AVAILABLE IN POST #12 HERE

CHome Editor v1.6 beta

This is a chome panel editor, its beta release, so be warned. Just to be safe, you should backup your chome registry before using and your Titanium_xxx.cpr files. Its still under development, so there will be some bugs and updates.
Warning: this writes and reads data to your phones registry, I take no responsibility if it crashes your windows default plugin. If you do a backup of that reg first, then it should not be a problem to put everything back to normal without causing hard reset.

With this, you can do registry edits to chome plugins, to values listed under the following keys:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\*all plugins*
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\*all plugins*\*all pages*

v1.6 changes:
-fixed Add Page sticking on Page10 and duplicating
-changed file chooser for adding application links, and icon links
-few layout changes
-converted cpr writing to using ATPlugin Installer, huge thanks to AppStar
-maybe more, can't remember right now;)

v1.5 changes:
-added web page wizard with opera bookmark import option
-added custom cpr option(more documentation later)
-changed some of layout
-changed color scheme

v1.4 changes:
-finished app wizard, has icon dialog now
-added Remove for panels and pages

v1.3 changes:
-added app page wizard; still needs icon support, but icon links can be added through "Manual Edit Item Values" in menu for now
-fixed issue where not starting for some users

v1.2 changes:
-removed panel filter so you can edit all values under plugins, like CClock to set right soft keys

v1.1 changes:
- made some changes to layout
- added ability to add new panels/new pages to registry and cpr

Opera Favorites panel with auto import

Now included inside of CHome Editor.
NOTE: If you still want to install opera by cab, Jugernaut has your fix using new style ATPlugin Installer for a safe install. Cab is located on this LINK

Start Menu Expanded
Start menu expanded to 4 icons wide in portrait and 6 in landscape. Two versions, one with honeycomb, and one without.

Colors 6.5 21193
Here's some color panels and selection png to match the tsk files of Da_G's build. Included are Classic Blue, DVF Green, Isaac Mizrah Purple, Rock and Republic Black, Ron Arad Orange, and Vera Wang Red.

WM 6.5 only

Start Menu Cab Install: Run cab and then soft reset.

TitaniumWeather Install: Disable titanium, run cab, soft reset, re-enable titanium, finish by running TitaniumWeather Setup from Launcher panel.
For further setup of TitaniumWeather and Launcher plugins, go HERE

Colors Install: Disable titanium, copy desired color into \windows. Copy bronzeres.dll for the panels, StartMenu_Selection.png for the start menu hexagon, and the 2 cpr files for start menu layout. All Colors are included in zip below. I will add some lock screen colors to go with these and maybe PIE icons.

Download Colors 6.5 zip HERE

MOD EDIT:If for some reason it doesn't work, please try this fix : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3949075&postcount=1077 or, if that doesn't work, try this one : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4271984&postcount=1434

Edit from Sleuth: Want a positional aware Titanium Weather version that works with myLocation? After installing Titanium Weather from one of the cabs below, go here and scroll down to the Location aware apps section.

Attachments

• Honeycomb_StartMenu.cab
    18.6 KB · Views: 20,596
  • StartMenu.cab
    3.7 KB · Views: 20,746
  • reSTART.cab
    472.1 KB · Views: 25,118
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: boris_a

Merdinh

Oct 13, 2008
Just thought I would post a modified start menu for 6.5
I made a few different ones, two sizes. The honeycomb currently seems a little slow, so by decreasing the size it makes it easier to navigate. Portrait and landscape files included in cabs along with a different unselected comb background.

sm65.jpg

WM 6.5 only
Install: Run cab and then soft reset.

This may be a stupid question...but will this work with 6.1?

theres your answer

friguy33

Mar 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe I am in the minority, but I have no idea why I would like this honeycomb over, well, over anything. I assume there is more to it then this stupid today screen but I could just get any program and dump a bunch of shortcuts on my today screen if I wanted that. Just my 2 cents

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Maybe I am in the minority, but I have no idea why I would like this honeycomb over, well, over anything. I assume there is more to it then this stupid today screen but I could just get any program and dump a bunch of shortcuts on my today screen if I wanted that. Just my 2 cents

agreed.... I don't really like the Peacock either... but that's just me...:)

Hopefully we have more to look forward to from M$. If a honeycomb and peacock is it.....? lol

We want hi-tech wowwee stuff!:D

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Here's the icons packs currently available for TitaniumWeather 4.0+

Left to right----Stardock, BeyondInvisible, Buff, and HTC

Spil icons

UPDATED May 5:
tried to fix layout issues with some icon packs, if you still have a issue then please post a screenshot along with device resolution so I can fix.

Anyone that has icon packs they've made, feel free to post for all to use.

I've posted a few sets for wm7 theme in ibrythill's wm7 thread in development and hacking forum if someone needs a set for that theme.
Additional .plg files for wqvga on ibrythill's wm7 theme are located in post 635 and post 638 by Genix9, more in post 702

Install cab and then go to TitaniumWeather Menu/Panel Display Options/Type of Icons used and then choose the icon set you want to use. It takes about 20 seconds to load completly because it has to rewrite the cpr file, and then run a full update so that all the registry entries get updated for the icons. So be patient and Enjoy:)

Last edited:

TriAxisFL

Nov 24, 2006
Mount Dora, Fl
Im happy with my current ROM, so I wont be changing to 6.5 yet. I do have some questions about how this works for the future.

So you hit the start menu then this fills up you screen covering your TF3D?
The 1st pic shows the honeycombs overfilling the screen at the bottom. Is this menu "scrollable" to reach shortcuts that are offscreen?
Is that gigantic X a part of the new start menu or is that the X from 6.5? WOW that is big.
What is that "Marketplace" shortcut in your pic?

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Im happy with my current ROM, so I wont be changing to 6.5 yet. I do have some questions about how this works for the future.

So you hit the start menu then this fills up you screen covering your TF3D?
The 1st pic shows the honeycombs overfilling the screen at the bottom. Is this menu "scrollable" to reach shortcuts that are offscreen?
Is that gigantic X a part of the new start menu or is that the X from 6.5? WOW that is big.
What is that "Marketplace" shortcut in your pic?
Yes, this is the new start menu and its scrollable, but scrolling is slow in this beta. The original is only 3 apps wide, by making the honeycomb smaller, less scrolling to do. And yes, that gigantic X is part of 6.5 for now. The other taskbar icons are slightly smaller, but they made that bigger:rolleyes:. Marketplace link doesn't work yet, but I assume it will be like apple's appstore/itunes.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
The gigantic X close button is part of the rom, but this was ported from a QVGA version. I've seen pics of WM6.5 on a QVGA device and the X close buttons were normal size.

I think the overly large buttons are just a side effect of not having the right proportions for our phones. An actual VGA release should be due out within a few days which we'll see how things measure up then.

Thanks for the files, btw. Nice to start seeing some WM6.5 tweaks. I agree the default size of the honeycombs are huge. I like the idea of "finger-friendly" but come-on. The smaller icons are nice.

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Looks great. I like the Honeycomb lines removed and the Notification Panel is nice. I'm downloading the WM6.5 V6 Kitchen now... but does the CHome homescreen program up like the Smartphone version?

I had the Blackjack which had this... and I did some programming and tweaking on it.

From what I remember there is an "\Application Data\" folder which had the XML screen layouts which could then add plugins. I know Samsung actually had quite a few custom layouts which were included in their roms that were based off that style.

Just curious because if they're essentially porting over the Smartphone style homescreen... then we should have several hacks already for it.

y1pvnxsuepkgwgdxg7rdbg7cdrfte5nrjhlq3lqbz60ntp_m_qqkvgghihblylv035jlvoxotde-pob3d8_y3gt_a.jpg

Reactions: svengrasshoff

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Having finally flashed to Kitchen Beta 7... using the CHome.dll... my notification icons are reduced by around 50% and are half cut off at the bottom.

I'm not having any luck looking through the dll file. Are you running this in VGA on a Touch Pro?

The Start Menu tweak is working perfectly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi, maybe a stupid question, but is the reStart-app only working for some specif rom's? Because i tried to install reSTART (and also startmenu expanded) on my HTC touch pro2 (original htc rom) and i got an error:
    "an error occurrer on sub __main_app_start"

Any alternative for me (except installing a different rom) for this kind of app?

cheers!
    re/START, Organize your wm6.5 start menu

First attempt at a simple configurator for organizing and theming the start menu for wm6.5. Still has a few bugs that occasionally throw an error, so consider it beta. As seen in screenshots below, I went from Da_G's basic(only Tools and Office folders) start menu layout to multiple folders, moved shortcuts between folders, and move shortcuts up/down in start menu position. Has ability to add/change icons to any links or folders, but they must be in the icons folder located in reSTART folder to be found. I included a few folder icons in install package to get you started(hence the large size of cab, actual exe and dll are only about 120kb). New icons added to folder should be .png files. Report bugs and maybe I'll fix, maybe not:p

restart.jpg

TitaniumWeather plugin
    Disable 'Windows default' plugin before installing/uninstalling TitaniumWeather. Cab will install weather plugin to homescreen. Install cabs to main memory.
    Radar--
    tap and hold on radar image for refresh options and to edit urls
    now fully self contained and can be used seperate from TitaniumWeather if wanted

Changed
    v4.2:
    -revamped radar page
    -movable radar image
    -new radar option to refresh all images
    -backup/restore option for settings ****I'm posting a backup cab in post #716, page 72, for using before upgrading to this version if wanted
    -all new options menus

v4.1:
    -added RADAR with zoom and customizable image url locations
    -changed to Spil icons

v4.0:
    -added new install using AppStar's ATPluginInstaller, thanks to Appstar
    -now supports all resolutions(qvga, vga, wvga, qwvga, squareqvga, squarevga) If it doesn't work on layouts, post screenshot and device/resolutions.
    -new menu layouts that are finger friendly
    -now supports adding icon packs with different layouts
    -comes with Stardock icons, 3 more packs available
    -upgraded to mortscript 4.3 beta 5, thanks to Mort

v3.1:
    -updated layout slightly
    -changed to Beyond Invisible's weather icons from m2d, thanks to him

v3a:
    - fixed spacing bug on summary page day list

v3:
    - updated to new panel design(thanks to drkfngthdragnlrd) that is all in one
    - added current conditions detail page, forecast detail pages, and weather links page
    - added option to enable/disable the new pages
    - set right soft key for weather menu and press on panel as run weather update.

v2.1:
    - updated install for 21193
    - when no internet found, display reverts back to last hi/lo forecast temps for today
    :to find your location codes, use this url and add your city name to end of it:
    hadle.accu-weather.com/widget/hadle/city-find.asp?location=

ICON PACKS AVAILABLE IN POST #12 HERE

CHome Editor v1.6 beta

This is a chome panel editor, its beta release, so be warned. Just to be safe, you should backup your chome registry before using and your Titanium_xxx.cpr files. Its still under development, so there will be some bugs and updates.
    Warning: this writes and reads data to your phones registry, I take no responsibility if it crashes your windows default plugin. If you do a backup of that reg first, then it should not be a problem to put everything back to normal without causing hard reset.

With this, you can do registry edits to chome plugins, to values listed under the following keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\*all plugins*
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\*all plugins*\*all pages*

v1.6 changes:
    -fixed Add Page sticking on Page10 and duplicating
    -changed file chooser for adding application links, and icon links
    -few layout changes
    -converted cpr writing to using ATPlugin Installer, huge thanks to AppStar
    -maybe more, can't remember right now;)

v1.5 changes:
    -added web page wizard with opera bookmark import option
    -added custom cpr option(more documentation later)
    -changed some of layout
    -changed color scheme

v1.4 changes:
    -finished app wizard, has icon dialog now
    -added Remove for panels and pages

v1.3 changes:
    -added app page wizard; still needs icon support, but icon links can be added through "Manual Edit Item Values" in menu for now
    -fixed issue where not starting for some users

v1.2 changes:
    -removed panel filter so you can edit all values under plugins, like CClock to set right soft keys

v1.1 changes:
    - made some changes to layout
    - added ability to add new panels/new pages to registry and cpr

Opera Favorites panel with auto import

Now included inside of CHome Editor.
    NOTE: If you still want to install opera by cab, Jugernaut has your fix using new style ATPlugin Installer for a safe install. Cab is located on this LINK

Start Menu Expanded
    Start menu expanded to 4 icons wide in portrait and 6 in landscape. Two versions, one with honeycomb, and one without.

Colors 6.5 21193
    Here's some color panels and selection png to match the tsk files of Da_G's build. Included are Classic Blue, DVF Green, Isaac Mizrah Purple, Rock and Republic Black, Ron Arad Orange, and Vera Wang Red.

WM 6.5 only

Start Menu Cab Install: Run cab and then soft reset.

TitaniumWeather Install: Disable titanium, run cab, soft reset, re-enable titanium, finish by running TitaniumWeather Setup from Launcher panel.
    For further setup of TitaniumWeather and Launcher plugins, go HERE

Colors Install: Disable titanium, copy desired color into \windows. Copy bronzeres.dll for the panels, StartMenu_Selection.png for the start menu hexagon, and the 2 cpr files for start menu layout. All Colors are included in zip below. I will add some lock screen colors to go with these and maybe PIE icons.

Download Colors 6.5 zip HERE

MOD EDIT:If for some reason it doesn't work, please try this fix : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3949075&postcount=1077 or, if that doesn't work, try this one : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4271984&postcount=1434

Edit from Sleuth: Want a positional aware Titanium Weather version that works with myLocation? After installing Titanium Weather from one of the cabs below, go here and scroll down to the Location aware apps section.
    Looks great. I like the Honeycomb lines removed and the Notification Panel is nice. I'm downloading the WM6.5 V6 Kitchen now... but does the CHome homescreen program up like the Smartphone version?

I had the Blackjack which had this... and I did some programming and tweaking on it.

From what I remember there is an "\Application Data\" folder which had the XML screen layouts which could then add plugins. I know Samsung actually had quite a few custom layouts which were included in their roms that were based off that style.

Just curious because if they're essentially porting over the Smartphone style homescreen... then we should have several hacks already for it.

y1pvnxsuepkgwgdxg7rdbg7cdrfte5nrjhlq3lqbz60ntp_m_qqkvgghihblylv035jlvoxotde-pob3d8_y3gt_a.jpg