XT910 Wifi issues

Search This thread

mcpdigital

Aug 13, 2012
Hi, I've just received a Moto XT910 and was trying to make it work but it seems impossible.
What is happening with the wifi of this phone. When it connects, rare, it drops without transfering a single byte.
Is this normal for such an advanced phone, My motorola milestone 1 still works flawlessly as well as other 22 devices connected to this router.
Any light on this issue or it is just like that, pure rubbish wifi, most important thing in a phone those days.

thank you.
MCP

hakarune

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver
Hi, I've just received a Moto XT910 and was trying to make it work but it seems impossible.
What is happening with the wifi of this phone. When it connects, rare, it drops without transfering a single byte.
Is this normal for such an advanced phone, My motorola milestone 1 still works flawlessly as well as other 22 devices connected to this router.
Any light on this issue or it is just like that, pure rubbish wifi, most important thing in a phone those days.

thank you.
MCP

What ROM are you running or are you stock? Are you Rooted?

If you're rooted try going into /data/misc/WiFi and delete all the files inside WiFi and then reboot. Should fix the WiFi problem. Post back with results and more info if it does not fix it.

Reactions: mcpdigital

mcpdigital

Aug 13, 2012

If you're rooted try going into /data/misc/WiFi and delete all the files inside WiFi and then reboot. Should fix the WiFi problem. Post back with results and more info if it does not fix it.

Thanks for the suggestion. The phone is running the latest official 4.1.2 and is not rooted. If someday I decide to spend some time with this phone maybe I will root it, but what I heard about this phone is that wi-fi is pretty sub-par an full of problems.
This phone was supposed to be used by my youngest kid, and if wifi can present problems it will be a nightmare for me. For now I gave up using it in favor of the old trusty LG Optimus One. I really hate fixing things for the manufacturer, that got money and did not deliver a good equipment.
Lets see what Motorola can do after being sold again. After all the locked bootloaders, the hard time modding Moto stuff, I really do not see many good news for the future of this company.

Thanks
MCP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you.
    MCP