[Q] No calling, no texting, everything else works

Search This thread

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
Hi everyone!

I bought recently a new galaxy s advanced and for some weird reason i can't make calls, can't text and can't receive anything. But i can unlock my sim without any problem and i can use mobile internet.
I had first the original gingerbread rom (i9070XXLK2), rupgraded it to 4.1.2 jelly bean(i9070XXLQE), rooted it, upgraded the kernel to this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2140597 and after that tried a cyanogen rom(this one => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2497660 ), went after the cyanogen back to the 4.1.2 but nothing works.
atm it is running original 4.1.2 rooted and cwm.
I also tried galaxSim but it doesn't support the galaxy s advanced, also the *#simlock# thing does not work. I am not sure there is a simlock on the phone because mobile internet works.
If you need more info just ask! Not really sure what information you need to know.

I have no idea what to do now, i hope some1 can help me.

Last edited:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi everyone!

I bought recently a new galaxy s advanced and for some weird reason i can't make calls, can't text and can't receive anything. But i can unlock my sim without any problem and i can use mobile internet.
I had first the original gingerbread rom, upgraded it to 4.1.2 jelly bean and after that tried a cyanogen rom, but none of them works.
I also rried galaxSim but it doesn't support the galaxy s advanced, also the *#simlock# thing does not work. I am not sure there is a simlock on the phone because mobile internet works.

I have no idea what to do now, i hope some1 can help me.

You must do Factory reset when you change ROM. Do it now.

Do you have I9070 or I9070P? On CM you do not have network unless you change tee folder if your phone is I9070P.

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
You must do Factory reset when you change ROM. Do it now.

Do you have I9070 or I9070P? On CM you do not have network unless you change tee folder if your phone is I9070P.

I have factory resetted it 3 or 4 times (after every rom flash).
It's an I9070, not the P one.
If some1 tries to call me they hear an automated message tape thing that says my number is blocked and i need to call my provider.
I did call my provider and there is nothing blocking my number or the phone.
When i put my sim in another phone everything works fine so the issue must be in the phone itself.

Thanks for trying to help :highfive:

Last edited:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I have factory resetted it 3 or 4 times (after every rom flash).
It's an I9070, not the P one.
If some1 tries to call me they hear an automated message tape thing that says my number is blocked and i need to call my provider.
I did call my provider and there is nothing blocking my number or the phone.
When i put my sim in another phone everything works fine so the issue must be in the phone itself.

Thanks for trying to help :highfive:

Try to put some other SIM in phone. See what happens then. And did you wipe dalvik cache too? Try that.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
Try to put some other SIM in phone. See what happens then. And did you wipe dalvik cache too? Try that.

I tried 3 different SIM's but all from the same provider, i am going to visit a friend tomorrow to lend his SIM (he has another provider). I wiped dalvik cache every time i factory resetted it (after every rom flash)
Is it possible there is a piece of hardware in the phone blocking the calls and the messages?
Found out something new, if i do phone (the app) => call settings => additional settings, i get a message saying "network or sim card error".
I am searching for an hour now for a fix but i can't find anything. I will keep searching for another couple of hours, i really want to fix this.

Last edited:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I tried 3 different SIM's but all from the same provider, i am going to visit a friend tomorrow to lend his SIM (he has another provider). I wiped dalvik cache every time i factory resetted it (after every rom flash)
Is it possible there is a piece of hardware in the phone blocking the calls and the messages?
Found out something new, if i do phone (the app) => call settings => additional settings, i get a message saying "network or sim card error".
I am searching for an hour now for a fix but i can't find anything. I will keep searching for another couple of hours, i really want to fix this.

Are you sure it is not locked to some provider?

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
Are you sure it is not locked to some provider?

I don't know, as far i can see there is no sign of a provider/region lock. During boot no logo from a provider, sim can be unlocked when it asks for my PIN.
I tried to figure out if there is a simlock with *#SIMLOCK# but the code does not work. Any idea how i can see if there is a sim-lock?

Last edited:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I don't know, as far i can see there is no sign of a provider/region lock. During boot no logo from a provider, sim can be unlocked when it asks for my PIN.
I tried to figure out if there is a simlock with *#SIMLOCK# but the code does not work. Any idea how i can see if there is a sim-lock?

I am not sure where you can look for that. And you bought from store or? You can go there and ask them maybe what is the problem. You have warranty?

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
I am not sure where you can look for that. And you bought from store or? You can go there and ask them maybe what is the problem. You have warranty?

I bought it from an auction, a phone shop went bust and they sold thousands of phones. They had over 20 shops and they were not promoting a provider.
it was brand new in a sealed box and as far as i know i don't have warranty.
Is there a place to check if there is still a warranty on the phone?
EDIT: just checked and i have still warranry (produced at oktober 2012) but the problem i have now is, i flashed it a couple of times, isn't my warranty ruined now?

Last edited:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I bought it from an auction, a phone shop went bust and they sold thousands of phones. They had over 20 shops and they were not promoting a provider.
it was brand new in a sealed box and as far as i know i don't have warranty.
Is there a place to check if there is still a warranty on the phone?

I am not sure how is it in your country about that. You can go to some service center to see if the phone is locked to some carrier.

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
I just tried to check the binary counter, but as far as i can see it didn't move during the flashes and looks original
When i go in download mode i get this:

Odin mode
Product name: GT-I9070
Custom binary download: no
current binary: samsung official

I think this means it got still warranty?
If it is, i'm going to put back jelly bean on it and try to send it back to samsung, is there a chance they will fix it and won't find out i messed with it?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I just tried to check the binary counter, but as far as i can see it didn't move during the flashes and looks original
When i go in download mode i get this:

Odin mode
Product name: GT-I9070
Custom binary download: no
current binary: samsung official

I think this means it got still warranty?
If it is, i'm going to put back jelly bean on it and try to send it back to samsung, is there a chance they will fix it and won't find out i messed with it?

Yes, just go back to JB and you are good to go. And you can uninstall app that need root if you have any.

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
Yes, just go back to JB and you are good to go. And you can uninstall app that need root if you have any.

Thanks for the help, just switched back to JB (stock version of course) checked the download screen again and it's still good,
No root stuff on the phone anymore, eveything looks how it's suppose to i think :D
requested to rma the phone and it will be sent tomorrow.
i hope they fix it! Again thanks for the help! :highfive:

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
Sad news, the phone is back from RMA and there is a simlock on it, but the problem is i can't find a method to remove it 4 free (don't want to pay even more for the damn thing). I am going to a shop from the original carrier over a couple of days(i know which carrier simlocked the crap out of it and they have shops not really far from here) but i am not sure they unlock it for free, and tbh the people that work there probably have no clue how to do it, so i don't have a lot of hope for that so i want to try it first myself if that's possible, but i tried already a couple of things and none of them works. Anyone an idea how i can remove it?

Last edited:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Sad news, the phone is back from RMA and there is a simlock on it, but the problem is i can't find a method to remove it 4 free (don't want to pay even more for the damn thing). I am going to a shop from the original carrier over a couple of days(i know which carrier simlocked the crap out of it and they have shops not really far from here) but i am not sure they unlock it for free, and tbh the people that work there probably have no clue how to do it, so i don't have a lot of hope for that so i want to try it first myself if that's possible, but i tried already a couple of things and none of them works. Anyone an idea how i can remove it?

I did not see anyone that unlocked sgsa here on the forum… And I did not see any guide about it for our device.

samcool55

Apr 13, 2014
I did not see anyone that unlocked sgsa here on the forum… And I did not see any guide about it for our device.

I was afraid of that, thanks to confirm. Went to the carrier which locked the phone and they said it is illegal to unlock it, which isn't true of course (checked it everywhere and it is legal) I will find a way to fix it with the carrier, thanks for the help.