[APP][4.0+]DroidLock: Dynamic Lockscreen & TimePin Replacement

Search This thread

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
the video is now availabe on the youtube on this link
i wish it impress you
the video is in 480p it is good at full screen pc it wont be bad on the small screen of the mobile

As you are a newbie in this business, it is OK. However, I cannot keep this as our official app review. This video will help some of them to know about the features of the app. I'll share one promocode for your contribution. :)

M.FANDIES

Account currently disabled
Dec 8, 2015
Usa
meettomy.site
Whenever you reboot the device, you need to use your master PIN to unlock the device for the first time. After that, your desired PIN will be used to unlock the device.

It is upto to you to add the intro or not. TBH, I don’t want the intro

As you are a newbie in this business, it is OK. However, I cannot keep this as our official app review. This video will help some of them to know about the features of the app. I'll share one promocode for your contribution. :)

May be i dont have the experience to make a video for the Google play yet can't it be the official l for some time at least until other video come to replace it

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr hOaX

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
May be i dont have the experience to make a video for the Google play yet can't it be the official l for some time at least until other video come to replace it

It can only be added to the list of tutorials and not to the list of app reviews. If your app review is present and it is of low quality or lacks professionalism, then nobody would download your app.

I respect your hardwork my friend, but it is useful as a tutorial/overview.

Suppose you've got two envelopes. One of them has a beautiful design along with the text written on the outer cover and other has just a text written on the outer cover. Which one would you open first irrespective of the sender?

Obviously the one which looks good even if the actual letter is not good

The same policy goes for app downloads.

samisna

Jul 31, 2016
please help me

please help me all in those dont work with me:

((My master pin and my unlocking pin and the rescue method))

note : DroidLock v1.0.3b is my version ,

and my email on driodlock on my blocked phone is : ghost.sna@gmail.com

kajaman7

Aug 19, 2012
DroidLock: Dynamic Lockscreen (Unreleased)
HashCode Inc. Tools
Rated for 3+
I've Sensation XE
------------------------------------
Offers in-app purchases
This is an unreleased app. It may be unstable.

((((((( This app is incompatible with your device. )))))

Aug 19, 2007
Hi,

would it be possible to implement an option to deactivate the "rescue function"?

In the moment every mobile with the app could be accessed with a simple SMS send to it.
I think this is not the most secure way.

Option one would be to implement a switch in the app, option two to specify a certain number from which the SMS has to come from.
...best would be both ?

Best regards, Schwarzer Riese

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
Any status updates?? It's been awhile and I'm starting to worry about this app.

We're working on it since past couple of months, but Google has made hell lot of changes and added many security restrictions on Android Nougat. It is working on root mode of Android Nougat(we've not released this version as we are testing it), we're working for non root mode solution. It is difficult to achieve, but we're trying our best to support Android Nougat non root mode. Thanks for using DroidLock and supporting us.

Reactions: killoid

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
We're working on it since past couple of months, but Google has made hell lot of changes and added many security restrictions on Android Nougat. It is working on root mode of Android Nougat(we've not released this version as we are testing it), we're working for non root mode solution. It is difficult to achieve, but we're trying our best to support Android Nougat non root mode. Thanks for using DroidLock and supporting us.

Wow! Thanks for the update! I'm happy that this great app is still alive. I can't wait for the next update! Btw, could you possibly give everyone on g+ an update? There are many others that are worrying about DroidLock. Thanks again for the update! Keep up the great work!

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
Wow! Thanks for the update! I'm happy that this great app is still alive. I can't wait for the next update! Btw, could you possibly give everyone on g+ an update? There are many others that are worrying about DroidLock. Thanks again for the update! Keep up the great work!

The reason why we don't release frequent updates about the app is that we don't want users to get locked up unnecessarily. We release stable beta versions so that we can figure out which device is still not supported or it is getting locked up because of OEM skinned version of Android. Releasing an unstable beta version will result in most of the users getting locked up. Also the security patches released every month affects DroidLock performance and we are figuring out a solution for that. I hope that you can understand.

Reactions: hetp0st

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
The reason why we don't release frequent updates about the app is that we don't want users to get locked up unnecessarily. We release stable beta versions so that we can figure out which device is still not supported or it is getting locked up because of OEM skinned version of Android. Releasing an unstable beta version will result in most of the users getting locked up. Also the security patches released every month affects DroidLock performance and we are figuring out a solution for that. I hope that you can understand.

Thanks for sharing the information. I understand the problems regarding skinned ROMs by OEMs. I suffer using Huaweis terrible emui. Im happy that you put so much dedication into your app. Thanks again for your efforts and I will patiently wait for the next update.

Btw, everything works great with the current build. My only gripe is having to use my pin to unlock the app. If possible, using my fingerprint scanner would be great. Other than that, it's perfect. Well, I'm done and will let you get back to your work. Cheers!

gerlium

Dec 15, 2014
I tried Droidlock with an encrypted Oneplus One with CM13 and it ****ed up the phone. It kept freezing or not recognizing the right PIN so I uninstalled it.

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
I tried Droidlock with an encrypted Oneplus One with CM13 and it ****ed up the phone. It kept freezing or not recognizing the right PIN so I uninstalled it.

Can you please elaborate more?
Which type of pin was set?
Where you were facing freezing issue?
When it was not recognizing right PIN?

Because it works well on new nexus devices which are pre-encyrpted.

gerlium

Dec 15, 2014
I set a time Pin and experienced random freezes when I used the phone. It never recognized the right PIN, I had to use always the master pin.
Maybe it's because I set secure startup. Do I need to deactivate it to make Droidlock work? Without this feature, encryption is quite pointless.

Justin0017

Apr 25, 2016
I used this app a long time but after my update to Marshmallow it dont work so good. At installation i put in my master pin and after that it asks for secure lockscreen but i cant find the option after i press the button. My device is SM-A300FU at 6.0.1

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
I used this app a long time but after my update to Marshmallow it dont work so good. At installation i put in my master pin and after that it asks for secure lockscreen but i cant find the option after i press the button. My device is SM-A300FU at 6.0.1

Can you please share the screenshot of that message?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DroidLock is a security application that sets your lock screen PIN code to the current time/date/battery resulting in an ever changing PIN that can not be shoulder surfed.

FEATURES
    • Time Pin
      1. 12H Time: If the time is 01:23, your PIN will be 0123
      2. 24H Time: If the time is 01:23, your PIN will be 1323
      3. Offset Minutes to add or subtract to the current time: Offset =10 and 12H: If the time is 01:23, your PIN will be 0133
      4. Custom Offset Minutes Value
    • Date Pin
      1. International Format (DD/MM): PIN will be 0405 (May 4, 2016)
      2. USA Format (MM/DD): PIN will be 0504 (May 4, 2016)
      3. 2 Digit Year (DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY): PIN will be 040516 (International Format) (May 4, 2016)
      4. 4 Digit Year (DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY): PIN will be 04052016 (International Format) (May 4, 2016)
    • Battery Pin
      1. The current battery percentage is set as your password: Phone Battery %: 52, PIN will be 5252
    • Geek Pin (Customized Pin)
      1. The user can choose any of the available components and form a combination and set it as the phone password. See the screenshots for examples. (PIN can be a combination of battery, hours(12H), month, minutes : 52010523)

ADD-ON TYPES
    The following Add-ons to morph the PIN and to further enhance security.
    • Double: Doubles the PIN. If the time is 12:34, your PIN will be 12341234
    • Mirror: Mirrors the PIN. If the time is 12:34, your PIN will be 12344321
    • Sum: Adds the digits of the PIN. If the time is 12:34, the PIN will be 1010 as 1+2+3+4.
    • Reverse: Reverses the pin. If the time is 12:34, your PIN will be 4321

The pin then changes dynamically based on the chosen settings and options making it impossible to be predicted. Download this app to lock your phone and dance your way through piggybackers.

PERMISSIONS

◆ To start the app on device boot.
    > RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

◆ For setting the screen-unlock Password:
    > DISABLE_KEYGUARD
    > WRITE_SETTINGS
    > WAKE_LOCK

◆ For setting latest PIN, when the user disconnects the call.
    > READ_PHONE_STATE

◆ For setting rescue PIN, in case the user is locked out of the device.
    > RECEIVE_SMS
    > READ_SMS

◆ In-App Purchase:
    > com.android.vending.BILLING
    > INTERNET
    > ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

XDA:DevDB Information
    DroidLock: Dymanic Lockscreen, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Chirag_Galani, Mr hOaX

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0.2b
    Beta Release Date: 2016-05-07

Created 2016-05-03
    Last Updated 2016-05-08
    Download

DroidLock Google Play Store Link
    - Become a Tester
    - If you don't find the app on the Play Store, clear cache of Google Play Store App and Google Play Services App and reboot the device.

Note: Join DroidLock Google+ Community to report bugs/issues and get latest app updates news by becoming a tester.

Screenshots

7mgsr7Q.png

ri60l1a.png
    !!! PLEASE READ THE FAQ BELOW BEFORE POSTING !!!

#DroidLock #Help #FAQ

App Beta Link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.hashcode.droidlock

Huawei Devices: Please check this link before installing app:
    http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-droidlock-dymanic-lockscreen-t3371652/post66757123

★ ★ READING CAN SAVE YOU EVEN WHEN WE ARE UNAVAILABLE TO HELP YOU ★ ★

Q: Is Android N supported?
    A: Not now, but in future with root due to changes made by Google in Device Administrator and Device Owner permissions.

Q. How do I download DroidLock?
    - Join Google+ Community https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115957813647662828373
    - Become a Tester https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.hashcode.droidlock

Q. Why should I do above process? I know how to slideload your apk
    - It is nice to know that you the process of sideloading an apk. However, you won't be able to buy in-app products and get latest update by doing that and not following the procedure mentioned

Q. How do I use this app?
    - Open the app, setup master pin, password retrieval method, grant all the permissions(Android M)
    - Toggle the master switch and set your desired PIN type

Q. What is the use of master pin?
    - It allows you to enter the app
    - It allows you to unlock the device once every reboot(only for the first time)
    - It allows you to unlock the device after 3+ unsuccessful attempts
    - It allows you to change master pin or password retrieval method

Q. What is password retrieval method?
    - In case you forgot your master pin to open the app or whatsoever, you can retrieve your master pin by answering the questions

Q. I see a white screen after completing the app setup.
    - We'll fix it

Q. My master pin and my unlocking pin are not working any more to unlock my device
    - Use the rescue method https://plus.google.com/101228760180981912329/posts/VCcBBRRJ76o

Q. Your rescue method is also not working and I'm root user
    - Try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2244741

Q. Your rescue method is also not working and I'm a not a root user
    - Only option is to do a factory reset or flash your firmware once again

Q. Now I hate you because of your app, I lost my data
    - This app is still in beta. You are testing at your own risk. We are trying hard to support majority of the devices. We can't afford own all the devices. We have kept a donation in-app product so that we can spend some money on buying the device and physically test it.

Q. When will you release this app for all?
    - Only after we feel that we have supported most of the devices.

Q. How can I help you as a beta tester?
    - Use the app for few days and share your experience along with your device name, android version, Stock ROM or custom ROM.

Q. Can I deny the permissions that I granted to the app?
    - Why to fall into problem?

Q. What happens if I disable master toggle?
    - Just don't do that
    - It won't reactivate your old lockscreen style

Q. Does your app drains the battery as it stays in the background?
    - Hardly 1%

Q. I want to report some bug or issue.
    - Post it here
    - A supporting video(at least 720p) would be much helpful so that we can virtually look what's happening

Q. How do I uninstall this app?
    - Go to Security - >Device Admin Rights - > Uncheck DroidLock
    - Read the message it shows!
    - Now you can uninstall or clear data of the app

Q. I want to translate this app.
    - We'll let you know about it.
    - But let us know if you are interested.

Q. What will I get by testing your app?
    - Dynamic PINs which no one can predict

Q. A persistent notification about your app stays and I want to disable it.
    - Don't disable it as it is in testing phase. We'll provide some solution to it later on

Q. I uninstalled your app, but my lockscreen type is still PIN style.
    - The unlocking PIN will be your master PIN
    - You need to physically change it from your settings

Q. Is smartlock working?
    - Only one the user says yes http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66788380&postcount=70

Q. I have a Huawei device
    - Read this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66757123&postcount=58

Q. I want to know how many times your(Havan Somaiya) device was locked up?
    - To be specific, it was 3 times. But I was lucky enough to break the PIN by guesswork. I managed to recollect the last successful PIN I used when master pin was not working.
    - Rescue Mode was not deployed during those development days.

Q. I'm locked up and I know what is adb and it is configured with my system
    - Adb shows your current unlocking pin
    Search for "Op:" in the adb logs

Q. I'm tired of reading all these questions.
    - Thanks for reading and I'm thankful to you for testing DroidLock for your device

Q: How can I uninstall this app?
    A: Go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and disable DroidLock. You can now uninstall DroidLock normally.

Q: How to dismiss the persistent notification in the status bar?
    A:The notification is necessary to ensure DroidLock isn't killed by the system or cleaning apps like Clean Master. For now don't disable the notifications by going to App Info. Reason: On 3 wrong password attempts it will send a notification that 'Pin reset to master Pin'

Q: Locked out of the device and forgot the time/date/battery options selected?
    A: Restart the device and enter master pin.

Q: Does the master PIN stays the unlock password even after 1st Unlock?
    A: In some devices like Sony Xperia, it takes about 3 minutes for the app to initialize itself and set the unlock password as per the options selected.

Q: I have found a bug. How do I report?
    A: Report the bug in detail along with the logs and a video to support your claim.

Q: Can I help you somehow?
    A: Yes, of course!
    - Read the last question about supported devices and help us know if you have a device where the app doesn't work or has some problems.
    - If you could produce a video highlighting all the features of the app, we will make it our default video on play store.

Q: Which are the devices used to test during the development of this app?
    A: All Stock UI devices and specific OEMs like
    - Nexus Devices
    - OnePlus Devices
    - Motorola Devices
    - Samsung Devices
    - Sony Xperia Devices
    - Xiaomi Devices
    Please let us know if you have tried any other devices and can ensure complete functioning of this app. We'll add it in our list.
    To make it more difficult for someone to guess how you unlock by using the time, could we enter the md5# of the time?

For example, 20:30 or 2030 becomes 2d579dc29360d8bbfbb4aa541de5afa9
    I'm sure you're kidding, right? :)
    So sad this has been discontinued, I couldn't find any other app that does the same thing. Other lock screen apps replace my android lock screen with their own insecure lock screen. This one didn't do that, but used android's lock screen itself & changed it's pin. Could have continued as an xposed module, but I understand dev has his own priorities. Thank you & R.I.P DroidLock.