★ Project Dark™ : Dark™ MAGIC ★

Search This thread

shekhar1986

Aug 17, 2013
delhi

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
Okay it got downloaded then I replaced it with GalleryGoogle.apk with this file it was named gallery2.apk so I renamed it as above but now der is no camera app and also gallery is also gone:(:(

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
Hope your phone wasn't with jelly bean out of box. There is known issue for camera on 4.2 with those phones. Just try the cwm flash above my post by @shekhar1986 as u find difficulty with manual procedure :)
All the best. If that too didn't work then something is messed up or ur phone belongs to jelly bean out of box category.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Captain Jack Sparrow

Jul 1, 2013
After naming it Gallery2.apk set correct permissions to it and reboot ur mobile...

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 2

I did as mentioned above that download
rwrr
But didn't work only gallery came but no camera:(

Sent from my LegoIce™Galaxy_S4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

BROTHER TRY THIS, DELETE GalleryGoogle.apk , delete gallery2.apk, GO TO RECOVERY , format cache wipe dalvik cache , and flash this patch , http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46176519&postcount=82

Okay I'll try and let u know wat happens

aravindhramachandran

Nov 23, 2012
Chennai
I did as mentioned above that download
rwrr
But didn't work only gallery came but no camera:(

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Okay I'll try and let u know wat happens

Bro , I have a simple solution for camera for you, By default gallery is there as system app know, convert it to user app using titanium backup and reboot :D You can find camera , if not use camera 360 from playstore :) this will work for sure .. tried and tested :D

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Strange...! Everything is smooth for me. Music slutter vanished the moment I had 3.4.5 kernel on my device. Try with clean ROM install maybe different things that had been tried earlier maybe causing some sort of conflicts.
A suggestion to all, while installing ROM follow all the steps of CWM flashing listing them again under Hide tag for newbies.
1. Wipe Data/Factory reset
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Format system
5. Format cache
6. Format data
7. Install ROM (At this point all prior data associated with previous installation has erased)
Note : After installation click "Superuser app" from app drawer and install the binaries foremost for root privileges :)

Optional to newbies, if you wanna taste the smoothness of new kernel 3.4.69 then follow these 2 additional steps
8. Delete all init.d scripts
9. Flash Andiroxu 3.4.69 beta (Both cams work only with this version on dark magic)

Well LOL I try lots of roms from xperia days :D when XDA started itself though I registered a bit later, I know this kernal isn't stable for certain devices and roms and more importantly certain new variants ..But I appreciate DEV and thanked him for rolling out this kernal. I fixed all issues myself except music stutter.. I didn't had that problem in dark nexus with Performance governor but here even with that I am facing this glitch..hope I find a solution or some one else .. if it isn't there for you do you mind telling what music player , FX effects you use and if there are any media related lines in build.prop means can you share with us :)

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
@aravindhramachandran That guide I mentioned was for newbies. Don't get emotional for having mentioned that ;) I know u r experienced person and also been tester of this ROM before release.
U face music slutter during playback or while locking unlocking screen? Anyway, I had tried 3.4.5 with default music settings of ROM and there wasn't slutter. But when 3.4.69
was released, I am with sony xloud and clear audio+ (removed default viper of ROM). I don't have any adittional equalizer it manages music on its own and I enjoy listening the surround effects, pure bass and ambience effect. Altogether a pleasant effect and my favorite since I was using 4.1

Regarding kernel: 3.4.69beta truly xtreme. Ultra smooth on my device. But all init.d must be erased of the ROM for gaining its actual performance potential.

Regards.

Last edited:

aravindhramachandran

Nov 23, 2012
Chennai
@aravindhramachandran That guide I mentioned was for newbies. Don't get emotional for having mentioned that ;) I know u r experienced person and also been tester of this ROM before release.
U face music slutter during playback or while locking unlocking screen? Anyway, I had tried 3.4.5 with default music settings of ROM and there wasn't slutter. But when 3.4.69
was released, I am with sony xloud and clear audio+ (removed default viper of ROM). I don't have any adittional equalizer it manages music on its own and I enjoy listening the surround effects, pure bass and ambience effect. Altogether a pleasant effect and my favorite since I was using 4.1

Regarding kernel: 3.4.69beta truly xtreme. Ultra smooth on my device. But all init.d must be erased of the ROM for gaining its actual performance potential.

Regards.

LOL :D No , I didn't get emotional for your guide.. I know that's for noobs.. I said I made a clean install only :) :good: Might be because of Viper as well .. I am not sure..

Captain Jack Sparrow

Jul 1, 2013
Bro , I have a simple solution for camera for you, By default gallery is there as system app know, convert it to user app using titanium backup and reboot :D You can find camera , if not use camera 360 from playstore :) this will work for sure .. tried and tested :D

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Well LOL I try lots of roms from xperia days :D when XDA started itself though I registered a bit later, I know this kernal isn't stable for certain devices and roms and more importantly certain new variants ..But I appreciate DEV and thanked him for rolling out this kernal. I fixed all issues myself except music stutter.. I didn't had that problem in dark nexus with Performance governor but here even with that I am facing this glitch..hope I find a solution or some one else .. if it isn't there for you do you mind telling what music player , FX effects you use and if there are any media related lines in build.prop means can you share with us :)

Okay thnx bro I'll try that wen I install the ROM again:D

subhashdas

Jan 2, 2011
Raipur
@Dark4Droid
Can you Please explain the procedure for updating xposed framework as some of the modules (boot manager v1.2.2) are not working on the current version.

Sent by Micromax A110 Subh_D

subhashdas

Jan 2, 2011
Raipur
Just click install/update from xposed installer and then reboot and its done:p:)

As from the signature it is clear that you are not using the dark magic ROM and that's why you may not be knowing that in dark magic ROM there is no xposed installer its a system app without any prominent interface. It can be updates as you have suggested.
Please don't spam the thread with pointless suggestion and confusing other user.
Sorry if my language was a bit rude.

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
@Dark4Droid
Can you Please explain the procedure for updating xposed framework as some of the modules (boot manager v1.2.2) are not working on the current version.

Hi. By ROMs default, u won't see the xposed app in the app drawer. So if u wanna try new version u may do following that I had done.
1. Uninstall gravity box, xposed with help of titanium backup. Delete data from system/xposed folder. Also delete xposed script from system/etc/init.d
2. Reboot and install latest version of xposed (as user app)
3. Open the xposed app from app drawer and click uninstall to ensure all previous files are deleted.
4. Reboot and open xposed from app drawer. Click install option.
5. Reboot. Now xposed is installed.
For gravity box: Install gravity box and check the module from xposed app. Soft reboot. Done..!

Captain Jack Sparrow

Jul 1, 2013
As from the signature it is clear that you are not using the dark magic ROM and that's why you may not be knowing that in dark magic ROM there is no xposed installer its a system app without any prominent interface. It can be updates as you have suggested.
Please don't spam the thread with pointless suggestion and confusing other user.
Sorry if my language was a bit rude.

I installed that ROM and xposed was not working I did as I mentioned above and it worked that's y I told u to try it...
But in mine der was no camera app that's y I had to install the other ROM
Anyway it was a friendly advice...
I wasn't spammig

Reactions: subhashdas

Aditya Keri

Jan 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Hey guys,

It's getting a lot confused here regarding what changes have to be made in this ROM to make it completely lagless and bug free.

I've understood that flashing the latest 3.4.69 kernel is one solution to make it smooth.

I'd really appreciate if someone clearly mentions all the patches/updates/changes to be used along with this ROM to make it work at it's best. Please try to explain it in detail. Would be very useful for an average user like me!

Thank you :)

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
Hey guys,

It's getting a lot confused here regarding what changes have to be made in this ROM to make it completely lagless and bug free.

I've understood that flashing the latest 3.4.69 kernel is one solution to make it smooth.

I'd really appreciate if someone clearly mentions all the patches/updates/changes to be used along with this ROM to make it work at it's best. Please try to explain it in detail. Would be very useful for an average user like me!

Thank you :)

Nothing much to change. It's good to use from build by dark4droid. But if u want few extra things then I ll mention
For Dark Nexus Camera: HERE OR HERE
For email app: Navigate to system/app and delete exchange.apk. Copy email.apk and exchange.apk from any 4.1 ROM. Set permissions for copied files to rw-r-r and reboot.
For updating xposed framework : HERE
For using kernel 3.4.69 beta : Just delete all scripts from system/etc/init.d and flash the kernel. Here are the features described by kernel dev andiroxu.
For using swap: HERE Exclude copying of swap.img. Follow from 2nd line i.e, copying of swap script onwards
For PX XcG : HERE This can be recommended for use on kernels 3.4.0 and 3.4.5 Not required on kernel 3.4.69 as it already has it built in.

Note: If u don't want to do any changes to xposed and only want to flash kernel. Then delete all scripts except xposed script from system/etc/init.d DONE...!!! :D

Last edited:

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
Bro.. Take ur time :) one thing I can assure everything is perfect for me with ur current build (some minor tweaking above) and the latest kernel. Its rocking in multitasking, gaming and battery juice :D

But for some they don't like tweaking. So on their behalf yes its time for ur new build :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HTML:
    Disclaimer: Me nor XDA nor my ROM is not Responsible if your device/SD either dies or revives..Its your own responsiblity :p

Recommendation

Make your Developer Settings look like this :

10057807044_fce4992bb2_d.jpg

FEATURES

Android 4.3 KeyBoard
    Micromax A110Q Launcher
    Lewa Business Theme
    CM10.1 MMS app
    Increased Touch Sensitivity
    ZIP-Aligned[every boot]
    Init.d Tweaks
    Google Boot Animation
    Removed boot logo
    OTA Support
    DPI Patched
    LED Patched
    FM Radio Patched
    Viper4FX added
    Xposed Powered
    Gravity Box pre-installed
    Lenovo FileManager [modded]

Now coming to Gravity Box:
    There is plenty to do with it...You can control :

CRT Effect
    Transparency
    Skip Track with HeadPhone Buttons
    Remove 4.2 Panel Options
    Set different Ringtones
    and a plenty...Just go and open gravity box :cyclops:

FEATURES

Wipe Data..
    Install ZIP...

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dark™ MAGIC, a ROM for the Micromax A110

Contributors
    Dark4Droid, BOND1987,superdragonpt,andiroxu,icoolguy1995,showstopper1,khan_frd2002,thirdzcee,andriroxu
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AMOI N820

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2013-10-02

Created 2013-10-02
    Last Updated 2013-10-03
    HAPPY VIJYADASHMI TO ALL!

Presenting all new kernel for all 4.1.x to 4.3.x ROMs (Futuristic:cool:). Yes a single ONE!!!. Now upstream to 3.4.69 with kernel pacthes from kernel.org.

I tested on 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and 4.2.2. It works flawlessly with everything working 100% with any error.

Many, many new features added which can be done with Mediatek architecure. Even voltage resulation added!

Link MOD EDIT: Please do not post kernels with out also providing kernel source! Link removed.

Test it and revert back.
    DOWNLOADS

Removed Download Link..Added to Download Section.... Head to HERE

Join Facebook Group for any help or info : JOIN MAC2
    CREDITS

Credits on Base ROM works:
    @BOND1987 @superdragonpt @thirdzcee @pratikmore @icoolguy1995 @showstopper1 @khan_frd2002 @vredniiy

^Without them, 4.2 = Dream :p

Credits on current ROM:
    @mmxandy & @superdragonpt : LED Notification Patch
    @nagendhra.sudheer2 : FM Radio Patch
    @rovo89 : Xposed Framework @C3C076 : GravityBOX
    @zhuhang : Viper4Android FX
    @needrom : Jiayu G4 ROM

Did i miss someone...Please PM me....
    Now check Mod edit: Link removed due to GPL violation.