[mod]Kill the Shuttersound

Search This thread

esok44

Feb 1, 2011
Hey guys,

there is this annoying thing with the RAZR HD, the shutter Sound.
You cant turn it off, you cant silence it and stuff.

I googled a little and found out that if you are rooted, it is quiet easy to turn of that annoying noise.

Just Download a root file manager
then go to /system/media/audio/ui
mount your system as read/write
then simply rename the file Camera_click.ogg to camera_click.ogg.bak

Thats it, you will never hear that sound again, unless you rename the file back to camera_click.ogg

so enjoy and have fun with your silenced camera :D

Greetz Esok

Reactions: Fabe56

Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston
the option to disable shutter sound is built into the camera app under settings. look at the bottom option

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-06-09-20-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-06-09-20-13.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 436
Reactions: itsdubai

TiagoDiazz

Dec 29, 2011
São Paulo
Not on my Phone oO

Whatever the reason may be, i dont have it oO

Yap you're Right, it is illegal to disable the shutter sound on phone cameras in some countries. Some countries even demand that the shutter sound gotta have some minimum decibel determined by law.

I don't got the country list. but i think u can find that by googling it.

captain_green

Dec 25, 2012
I did that a few weeks ago. After that taking photos takes a lot more of time and the photos weren't pushed to the little gallery screen (in the right, top of the screen).

idless

Jul 5, 2012
Another option is too simply install another camera app. I don't intend to promote a specific app but I have recently installed jb camera+ and been quite happy. Probably other apps are just as good.

2 things I have noticed: much improved image quality (less noise ) and the option to silence the shutter! Try out the free ics app or similar and compare image quality to motos app. I was a bit surprised to see the difference. My phone is not rooted btw.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
Found that line in the Build.prop too, tried to edit it via regular texteditor, saved, but nothing has changed.

After a reboot the build.prop was the same as before, and there was no 0 in forceShutterSound

That happens if the build.prop wasn't saved properly. What I usually do is pull the file to my PC to edit and then overwrite it

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925

Reactions: esok44
Feb 9, 2013
That happens if the build.prop wasn't saved properly. What I usually do is pull the file to my PC to edit and then overwrite it

Do I need root to write changed file build.prop into system dir?
When I tried the adb answered "failed to copy 'build.pro' to '/system/build.prop': Read-only file-system

Update: yes, now I'm quite sure that I need root :)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2013
BTW, Camera JB+ app works well for me and shuttersound could be switched off without any problems. I have RAZR HD Germany version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

there is this annoying thing with the RAZR HD, the shutter Sound.
    You cant turn it off, you cant silence it and stuff.

I googled a little and found out that if you are rooted, it is quiet easy to turn of that annoying noise.

Just Download a root file manager
    then go to /system/media/audio/ui
    mount your system as read/write
    then simply rename the file Camera_click.ogg to camera_click.ogg.bak

Thats it, you will never hear that sound again, unless you rename the file back to camera_click.ogg

so enjoy and have fun with your silenced camera :D

Greetz Esok
    the option to disable shutter sound is built into the camera app under settings. look at the bottom option
    Found that line in the Build.prop too, tried to edit it via regular texteditor, saved, but nothing has changed.

After a reboot the build.prop was the same as before, and there was no 0 in forceShutterSound